Ratings for Dr. Selchen

Been with him for 6 years. He is a straight-shooter but he also gets that this is hard. He answers my questions calmly and thoroughly. He has kept my MS progression stable. He leaves treatment in my hands and offers a helping hand to understand options. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

My son has been diagnosed with MS, first appointment Dr. Selchen was caring and spent a lot of time with us, second appointment to determine care plan and to baseline was a horrible experience to the point where we left the clinic very upset and angry. During the visit, his door was opened twice, answered his cell phone, pager was going off and used his other phone. Finally he gets to us and in less than 5 minutes states he suggests he starts treatment, no treatment plan, only said 3 choices go off and read on them and tell the nurse what you want to do. SORRY, this is a life changing disease and to be treated like this is not acceptable and the clinic should be ashamed of this type of care for a so called largest MS clinic in the country. I will now look for second opinion or options as we have no clue what to do for a care plan and proper support.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

The doctor appeared to be very agitated and did not remember the care plan that he had put in place. He even suggested that the IV treatment started at the MS clinic did not happen though it was administered at the MS clinic on the day of my appointment. when this was discussed with him he refused to listen Though the treatment had been confirmed by the RN who started the IV administration . The reason the nurse was contacted was that his first letter to my doctor did not reflect our appointment or the plan of care that was started. In the following days of this appointment I did receive a voice mail apology and he stated he was wrong. There had been a colleague that had passed away and their caseload was added to Dr. Selchen's. I have tried to be fair in this appraisal but felt shaken and unsure if it was wise to continue seeing him.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012