Ratings for Dr. Alice Shin

Would it hurt to be on time? I've waited 30+ minutes every time I have an appointment - in any other job being late is totally unacceptable but because you're a public servant somehow it's okay.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Awesome Dr most helpful lady I know any one looking for she is the best in my opinion

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Shin for a few years and have been to see her many times for myself and my children. Every single visit has been a good experience. I find her attentive, thorough and a good listener. She takes the time to really understand the issue, asks questions and has never made me feel rushed. She also often calls me personally with test results to discuss. The best family dr I have had in Ottawa.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Staff seems very distracted, possibly under staffed at the reception desk. Although the wait times aren't terrible, I am never seen on time. She is very diligent when diagnosing problems but I feel she is often questioning herself. She is good to provide relief to the problems you present

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

The first doctor I have ever had to go beyond the blood work and ASK about the symptoms and make her decision based on those two factors together.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

I have nothing but great things to say. She is thoughtful, and on top of that she is careful in her treatment and diagnoses along with prescriptions.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

I had a morning appointment with her and asked her a question about a pill and its uses. She would refuse to answer me in a polite manner, rather giving me no details on what it is used for. She told me I had an angry/pushy attitude towards her that wasn't polite. I asked her about another pill and its uses, one that doctors don't prescribe and she told me everything about it and it's uses and dangers. I came out of there with no knowledge of my question that could've been answered by a doctor. Very unimpressed.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

I am actually copying the comment written by someone here since I totally agree with it. Met her for the first time today and left with an extremely good first impression. Not only showed me compassion but truly listened. REFRESHING CHANGE compared to others that more or less rushed me and stopped listening after a minute or two ..

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Dr. Shin was a very caring and attentive family doctor. She was probably the best I have encountered. I was sad to hear of her leaving the Kanata location but her replacement has been good - but nothing in comparison! Thanks for all your help with me and my baby girl, Dr. Shin! We're doing much better :).

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

Met her for the first time today and left with an extremely good first impression. Not only showed me compassion but truly listened. Refreshing change compared to others that more or less rushed me and stopped listening after a minute or two ...

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015