Ratings for Dr. Jorge Sanchez-Guerrero

He's been my doctor for almost a year now, always late j wait like 3 hers before seeing him. First I am seen by a training resident doctor and right at the ne comes for 5 seconds does not listen to anything I say. Keeps putting me in meds that does not work for me. I have lupus and was hospitalized many times and all those times not once did he come and see me even though i was in his home hospital. His secretary is a liar and lazy. She is rude and careless but an angel in front of the doctors. I'm

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Dr. Sanchez-Guerrero almost killed my little sister. My sister has been suffering from lupus for the last year and we got him because the MD before him left without notice. He changed her medication regimen that we had going with the prior doctor and denied any medication for pain. He took pleasure to fluctuating her medication and watch her symptom get better for a few days and then a rapid decline afterwards, which always lead us to the hospital. Her condition continued to get worse. He told us that she was in remission and he continued to lower her medication dose even though she wasn't getting better and that all the other doctors she saw were wrong. My sister was NEVER in remission. My sister got very ill and we brought her back to Toronto western. We were informed that she was never in remission for the entire time she was under his care. We were in his hospital and he never once came up to check on his patient, he actually discharged her to another doctor without notice. He is very arrogant, dismissive and egotistical. He doesn't care for his patients and doesn't treat their symptoms. If you challenge him, he will discharge you from his practice. He treats every patient the same medically and no one person is the same. He is the WORST doctor I have ever encountered.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

At the beginning he was very helpful but as my condition continued to get worse. He kept ordering the same medication and never bothered to test for other conditions. I was admitted to hospital and another doctor find serious condition that was overlooked by him.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

Very arrogant and dismissive . He should put his ego aside. While he is average doctor, he is not as good as he thinks.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr. Sanchez-Guerrero has been a great doctor to me for the past 2 years. He is always very detailed and thorough at each appointment and explains test results, treatment options and treatment plan. He is also always willing to provide advice and assistance between appointments as necessary.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2013

This site does not allow patients to leave honest comments about specialists it seems. an honest opinion about Dr. Sanchez from an honest experience. He had me on treatment for one year for an unknown autoimmune condition, on immune suppressants, because I sought help elsewhere he decided to stop treating me and told me to either see him or "leave". I was humiliated. Hopefully my honesty is not censored because he is a "top specialist". As a patient, I won't be silent about how I was treated and taken off of treatment so abruptly because I went for a second opinion.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

I was sent to mt Sinai deathly ill and thankfully Dr sanchez had the knowledge to diagnose my blood disorder or i would have died.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

Dr was extremely dismissive without reading any history. Seems overly proud of himself and his position and too confident - he should realize he is not god and does not know everything. Did not listen at all and refused to take other apparently inferior doctors' concerns seriously. May be knowledgeable but it is of no use to some patients. Status and money do not impress me nor likely other patients who just want help understanding and treating their symptoms.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012