Ratings for Dr. Andrew Nielsen

Downright decent bloke. Supported me through some very dark times, and provided a lot of very helpful information that gave me a grounding to find an easier way through life. Very thankful.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2017

You guessed it, he's a Workcover biased Doctor. The only thing consistent about his reports are that he's inconsistent. Stop screwing with people's lives you low life. The Devils Money's got your soul now. Ask for a different doctor, this ones been bought out by Workcover. You don't stand a chance!!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

When I first found out that this was the independent medical examiner, I reviewed this site and it was a fairly middle of the road rating, that was back in August. We finally saw him in October and I was horrified. I should have checked the reviews before I went in because they had changed significantly. It seems that WorkCover has taken over and changed this man. I absolutely agree with the comments below, he lulls you into a false sense of security and then tries to trick you with questions and then twists the response. He is arrogant, rude and was inappropriate with some of his statements and comments. I am still horrified how someone can supposedly assess and judge someone’s long term history of mental health after reading reports and speaking with them for two hours. He will asses your physical appearance so being clean and healthy could be detrimental to you - let’s remember he isn’t seeing you at your lowest point so what has he got to compare it to. If you can avoid or change your appointment you should but by all intent and purpose the other IME’s WorkCover use won’t be much better. Where you can take a support person with you.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

Doctor Nielson helped my Son who has a disability after a head injury, to have a normalish life, and to be able live at home, prior to that we were having very significant problems. highly professional in a difficult field. very helpful.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

What you would expect being retained by Workcover. Total scam. Been to see my GP, Hospital psychiatrist, private Psychiatrist, specialists that all are in agreement but not this Dr. The report is not impartial adding points never raised with diagnosis to suit in favour of his regular payer, yep, work over. Just that one thing to stop your legitimate claim. Shame on you for the torture session. I wouldn't believe this is what you studied for, helping people or more money coming in. I see the money has got to this Dr. Stay away from him. He will deny at any cost. Lacks integrity.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Appalling, incompetent, just all round a lousy clinician.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

How "Independent" can this assessment have been? Workcover ( the insurance company) reimburse the Dr for the report. The report favours Workcover, move cases come his way and yes more money. Biased reports to say the least. Many Other Drs disagree with him that are not connected to Workcover. This scandal must stop. You spend all those years of study to get a masters degree in a profession you must be passionate about but lose the objective of helping people, understanding them, really understanding them because there's an incentive !!!!! Money! instead it's let's just tip the report to reflect on this and that and the focus of the discussion meant this if I twist it a little to fit not really outlining what was discussed. It's okay, that person has just gone through a major event but I need to pay my mortgage and support my family! The person that has been through hell needs true guidance and dignity to live, I'll repeat that, to live each day but that's all taken when it's Biased. I do pray for this Dr and that he may be forgiven in what he's doing to people in desperate need already going through hell to then be out through more hell with this unethical, unprofessional "Independent Examination" I now take a day at a time. I will never forget what you have done to my now miserable life.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Unfortunately not "Independent" but under the umbrella of Workcover. Able to twist and report so you are not able to claim. Be very aware of this Dr when visiting. Try's to trick you but then says what he wants. Very disturbing to say he's supposed to be independent and professional.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

This doctor presents as emotionally immature and insecure. He appears unable to feel empathy and can leave you feeling unsupported and alone. The only explanation I can come up with, for his behaviour, is that he must have lots of problems with his personal life. He will bulk bill but you'll probably be worse off after treatment so it's not a fair deal. I always walked out of the appointments feeling really awful. I'm now seeing another psychiatrist and am feeling much better. If you're not happy with his treatment don't wait too long to see another doctor.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Was very rude, caused and then sat and watched me having a panic attack, before telling me I shouldn't do therapy if I can't afford it. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017