Ratings for Dr. Andrew Nielsen

Pretty bad experience, always really late, and never apologise about that. He's rude , know at all, his report are so messy. I was in need of medication I had to wait 2 more month for a second appointment until we talk about it. And was still useless

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

I was sent to this jerk for an independent assessment and report for a compensation issue. The report was incomprehensible and full of irrelevant garbage including assessment of dangerousness and graphs of timelines. He must think a long report is a good report so he add padding, but he missed the main issues. I really don't know why the authorities refer to him.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I saw this doctor for a long time before realising I needed to work with a female practitioner as my core therapist to best handle the problems I faced. I did have a few beefs with him, but they were always resolved respectfully and professionally when I explained what was upsetting me. In what I do, I am responsible for the care and well-being of a lot of people, and I can say that it's not always easy to be perfect and it's really hard when people put you on a pedestal and then knock you off when you fall short of perfection. People make mistakes, even shrinks. Like I say, I had some issues, some of them fairly serious, but instead of posting criticisms, I raised these issues with him privately, giving him the opportunity to address them. That's how I hope to be treated, and how I think it's right to treat people the way one would hope to be treated by others. I apologise if anyone who's posted a negative review has tried and failed for resolution of a conflict through direct engagement with this doctor, but do urge anyone who hasn't to at least give it a go.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

This doctor is terrible. He cant communicate and seems awfully unsure of himself. He carries on with nonsense and asks irrelevant questions. He is disorganised to the extreme but and an outward portrayal of obsessionality. I cant understand that others have rated him so high.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

To those who have written decent reviews, I presume you have only seen him once or twice. Please don't leave it too long to change. He may bulk bill, but you only get what you pay for...nothing! He started off as someone I thought was great. Quickly changed to a arrogant, smart alec waste of time. I should have and wanted to dump him in 2009 after a suicide attempt. He was supposed to see me at hospital, but contacted the hospital staff cancelling my appointments night after night. Not what you need when you re at your lowest. I believe the hospital admin revved it up him, but stupidly I remained with him on the advice of someone we will name as Mira. I guess since then it has been better the devil you know. For the last few years he has shown me no courtesy. I'd go to visit him really needing some help, and if I managed to see him, I left feeling worse than before. He has me on high doses of medication , one of which I took myself off over a period of time. No one else can understand why I am on these medications. He took nearly 9 years to get my diagnosis correct. I know it was my fault for sticking with the fool, but not any more. Stay clear or you will be sorry.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Rude obnoxious and the report he prepared was full of cut and paste from other people's reports with things in there that were not even discussed the evaluation. What a joke. Took a 20 minute phone call in the middle of the appointment.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

doctors make sick people feel better. Thank you Dr

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Seek a second opinion if you're not sure of his advice.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Andrew does more than just prescribe medication. He has helped me move towards some long term solutions. I should have trusted his judgement earlier.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

I looked at these reviews after booking my appointment and wasn't looking forward to it. But he was great--interested, empathetic, and very helpful in explaining concepts. He has worked well with my referring doctors and seems reluctant to jump to any diagnostic conclusions. I've always been seen within 5-10 minutes of my appointment time. I would recommend.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015