Ratings for Dr. Andrew Nielsen

This so called "Dr" is an incompetent charlatan who demonstrated little to no regard for my daughters Mental Health. The first visit she had with him was very good but when she went back sometime later for a report for Centrelink he could not have been worse. My he was over 45 minutes late for the appointment and only spent 20 minutes with her (even though he billed Centrelink for the full hour. He barely spoke to her and spent most of the time writing her name on a piece of paper with different pens. The only advice he gave was for a treatment program that he said probably wouldn't work and she couldn't afford it anyway. When he finally provided a "report" of the appointment it was not what was required at all. He ignored numerous efforts from us to address the matter, even his own staff acknowledged his bizarre and unprofessional behaviour. Eventually he suggested we arrange for another Govt funded appointment. This request was unethical and impossible to fulfil as only one appointment a year can be funded. We contacted the Ombudsman who talked to him about the matter. He lied to them about a number of issues including telling them that he had made further contact with our daughter. In the end he suggested to the Ombudsman that she should see someone else. The Ombudsman acknowledged that he had not acted properly but that they could do nothing about it so it was a waste of time and energy approaching them. As direct result of his incompetence our daughters mental health has deteriorated considerably. Today, based on the report he provided, which we were told on numerous occasions were not suitable for Centrelink purposes, an application for disability was rejected. Based on our experience, this man is a danger.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

I read the reviews here before seeing him. I still went. I found him to be rather weird. He didn't make eye contact, and appeared totally disinterested in me but he did what he needed to do and that was give me a diagnosis. I will go back to follow up but not sure he's my type. Not enough empathy for me. I did come away thinking he was super strange though.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2018

I had no problem at all, I wanted to have an Item 291 completed and signed - the Dr. talked to me for a good 90 minutes and listened very well along with taking a lot of notes, he then constructed the letter and wished me well. He was fine with me. :)

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Led me on on for four sessions, which I paid full price for, then on the fourth wrote up a report saying I matched the symptoms while only displaying anxiety and should trial again the medications that didn't work in the past. Waste of well over 1k that was.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

If you have had a bad experience with this doctor, contact the Office of the Health Ombudsman to make an official complaint on 13 36 46.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

Downright decent bloke. Supported me through some very dark times, and provided a lot of very helpful information that gave me a grounding to find an easier way through life. Very thankful.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2017

You guessed it, he's a Workcover biased Doctor. The only thing consistent about his reports are that he's inconsistent. Stop screwing with people's lives you low life. The Devils Money's got your soul now. Ask for a different doctor, this ones been bought out by Workcover. You don't stand a chance!!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

When I first found out that this was the independent medical examiner, I reviewed this site and it was a fairly middle of the road rating, that was back in August. We finally saw him in October and I was horrified. I should have checked the reviews before I went in because they had changed significantly. It seems that WorkCover has taken over and changed this man. I absolutely agree with the comments below, he lulls you into a false sense of security and then tries to trick you with questions and then twists the response. He is arrogant, rude and was inappropriate with some of his statements and comments. I am still horrified how someone can supposedly assess and judge someone’s long term history of mental health after reading reports and speaking with them for two hours. He will asses your physical appearance so being clean and healthy could be detrimental to you - let’s remember he isn’t seeing you at your lowest point so what has he got to compare it to. If you can avoid or change your appointment you should but by all intent and purpose the other IME’s WorkCover use won’t be much better. Where you can take a support person with you.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

Doctor Nielson helped my Son who has a disability after a head injury, to have a normalish life, and to be able live at home, prior to that we were having very significant problems. highly professional in a difficult field. very helpful.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

What you would expect being retained by Workcover. Total scam. Been to see my GP, Hospital psychiatrist, private Psychiatrist, specialists that all are in agreement but not this Dr. The report is not impartial adding points never raised with diagnosis to suit in favour of his regular payer, yep, work over. Just that one thing to stop your legitimate claim. Shame on you for the torture session. I wouldn't believe this is what you studied for, helping people or more money coming in. I see the money has got to this Dr. Stay away from him. He will deny at any cost. Lacks integrity.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017