Ratings for Dr. Brian Ferguson

My sister and I have both been to him, he’s been rude to the both of us. Told me he couldn’t help me anymore because I couldn’t afford the physiotherapy part. Walked out of the room in the middle of the conversation to.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2018

Dr. Ferguson was more than helpful, kind, and compassionate to both my husband and I. He takes the time to explain things thoroughly, and in everyday understandable terms. His compassion towards our troubles conceiving was evident, he stated he was sorry we were having such a hard time, and following a diagnosis if MIF he promptly referred us to a fertility clinic and stated he would love to follow our pregnancy and care for us once we conceive. Once we do in fact conceive we will definitely go back to him for pre-natal care. A big thank you to Dr. Ferguson and his staff, and would recommend to all.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2018

Found him to be very arrogant and not helpful at all. He brushed all my symptoms off stating I was Obese. I weigh 220 pounds (Not kidding myself I could loose some weight ). But to be called obese several times was unnecessary. Would definitely not recommended him.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

I wasn't originally going to have my first born in Simcoe because I wasn't a fan of the hospital in general in the first place but then heard about Dr Ferguson and ALL the success stories about women who had had problems with either fertility or histories of miscarriages which I had had. So I figured I'd give him a chance given his reputation in my area and asked my family doctor for the referral and I'm grateful I did. I had already gotten pregnant again by this time and he was seeing me from near the end of my 2nd tri. He was very compassionate about the experience I had had with my miscarriage and asked me many questions about my complete medical history including anything that had to do with mental health so he really knew me. I had mentioned to him that I had a period in my life where I thought I'd been depressed because I was sad but had no reason to be and that I suffer from anxiety to a level but right now it's something I know I can manage and he addressed that right away and said that if anything changes to let him know right away so it can be treated. My own doctor hadn't done that for me yet. When I went into labour with my doctor he happened to be on call and at the hospital and asked how I was doing and asked what I was experiencing so he could tell me where I was in the experience. He let me know what I going to experience as the labour progressed as well as when it was time to deliver and his instruction and guidance thoroughlut were right in cue. He made my labour and delivery the best experience I could've asked for and made me feel great after I delivered, said HE felt privledged to have me as his patient and that I had done great! But he was amazing as well! At my six week check up he had asked how my overall hospital experience was and that if there was anything that could use improvement to let him know and that he would take care of it. Absolutely thrilled with him! He is so knowledgeable he actually goes to other parts of world for more learning and experience. Never even I had hypothyroidism until I saw him and he's prescribed me a med that has given me so much more energy and has me feel better in general. Thank you Dr Ferguson for everything! His receptionist it's very friendly as well.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

He was very helpful and very nice. He took the time to explain everything. When I was unsure and wanted to think about the options he told me to take my time to think about them and return. When I returned to the office he again answered all my questions before surgery. Great doctor would recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2017

I saw him for a VBAC consult. He gave me incorrect medical advice and was very disrepectful. He was very pushy towards procedures that were not in my best interest, nor were healthiest for me and my baby. I would not recommend.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I found Dr Ferguson to be very helpful and thorough. He really took his time going over all the facts to make sure I understood everything he was doing and saying. A very nice man highly recommend.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

After our 2nd child we were looking into birth control methods. Dr Ferguson was adamant about using an IUD ($500) and said birth control pills were not an option because my wife was breastfeeding. After puncturing her uterus trying to put it in we were out the money for the IUD and he wrote my wife a script for birth control pills ($20) that were safe to use while breastfeeding which is what we asked for in the first place, interesting. I would not recommend him to anyone.

Submitted October 19, 2016

Best doctor I've ever had. And the staff was very helpful.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

For a male, Dr. Ferguson takes female problems very seriously and really listens to you and doesn't make you feel like you're crazy. I have not met another doctor who is so compassionate and so willing to go the extra mile to help a patient. His receptionist is also very helpful and efficient. I'm so grateful to have Dr. Ferguson as my doctor

flag | Submitted September 12, 2016