Ratings for Dr. Barbara Ann Yu Saio

Very nice and helpful. Knowledge on psychological problem with children and young adults. Talk very fast.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2018

I have never left a negative review - but when it comes to our children's mental health it's important for me to share with other parents that I am disgusted. :( Yu Saio barely acknowledged my daughter in the room during our 2nd appointment (she did not speak to her directly and was rushed and snappy with me), and at the end of our time when she told us when our next appointment would be she asked if I had seen the cancelation policy. I asked what would happen if my daughter is sick, the response was she didn't need to be there for the appointment, and I didn't need to be either. I could send in an aunt or neighbour with notes and that would be sufficient. What?! I have since been TRYING to cancel the next appointment, but you CANNOT leave messaged on their machine and they have not replied to 2 emails sent over the last 3 weeks to attempt to cancel it.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

The time to get an appointment didn't take that long. However waiting in the waiting room for an hour when you arrive 10 minutes before your appointment she didn't seem to be apologetic. Her excuse was do you wait to see other doctors. She was behind schedule and and I was told that a patient went in ten minutes before my scheduled appointment. What is the point of making an appointment if you can't honer the scheduled appointments. I fine that's not being respectful of people's time, they too have a life and have come on time.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Just had to cancel an appointment because I can not get my son there, due to a migraine and they are going to charge me $60. Are you in this business to help people or make money,very disappointing. Iwill not be rescheduling due to the fact that I get migraines and can't predict them and cannot always make appointments.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I am not one to ever leave a negative comment but since she is dealing with children and families suffering from serious issues I feel the need to write this. She would not meet with my husband and I initially before meeting with our child even though I had specifically requested this. Every other Doctor we have met always spoke to the us and then together as a family. I do not think any child should be subjected to listening to a parent telling a new Dr. all of their "issues" in front of them. I left the office and tears and refused to ever see her again.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Every time I've been in to see her I've waited at least 45 minutes after out scheduled time. She seems to take things lightly and just adds more medications. She seems to not take the time of day to understand what's really going on. She is not personable at all and at times very difficult to talk to. Currently looking for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

My son really likes her, which is unusual for him. It took a couple of tries, but she has him on a medication that's working. She lets me talk on behalf of my son and doesn't interrupt. I like her.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

after our third visit my son was seen in a timely manner. Dr. Yu-Siao doesn't really seem to listen. just prescribed meds. looking for another referral....

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

I have never dealt with a worse doctor. Avoid this one like the plague. You will get better psychiatrict care by paying Lucy 5 cents.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

She is rude and doesn't listen. She pays no attention whatsoever to the medical history or even to what you are telling her. She is abrupt and does not like if you disagree with her opinion. She is arrogant and just not likeable.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016