You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Andrea Veljkovic

It is 3 years now since Andie performed my 2 separate bunion surgeries (3 months between each foot/leg) and I can say that not a week goes by that I don't think of her and feel blessed that she decided to see me in Toronto from Nova Scotia. I had painful bunions complicated by arthritis when I went to see her and during my very first appointment on a Monday she was able to tell me exactly what she had to do to my foot and calf muscle. It was actually 2 procedures per side that involved bones and muscle fascia being cut and joints being trimmed of arthritic damage and then plates applied. It all sounded very scary to me but her confidence and professionalism put my mind to rest and after I had the chance to ask all my questions I trusted that she would do the right thing for me. For each foot she performed the surgery on Wed and I was on my way home again on Friday (like many others with a BIG goodbye hug) and have not looked back since. I remember waking up after the surgery and mentally noting that even after surgery - the pain that had kept me awake at night for years seemed so manageable. Since then I have been able to completely resume my hiking and fitness activities always being mindful of what she recommended for me in shoe wear and orthotic support. Andie connects with patients in a way I had never experienced before and not only that - I observed her openly sharing her knowledge with residents, technicians and nurses while setting high standards of professionalism and patient care for them. Andie if you read these comments please know that I am still so happy our paths crossed in spite of your brutal schedule and I know that where ever you are - processes and standards will be elevated because of you. Thank you once again for "fixing" me! Hugs back to you! I would give you 10 stars if I could.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

So Andie 😢 thx for nothing, can't believe this !!!... six years (June/10) ago fell from 2nd step of a ladder 3 attempted repairs by 2 colleagues at my local hosp. even 2 by a 'specialist' got to in dec/14 U who gave me hope... ha ha...u dumped me on Tim when U left and now after 6+ 2hr trips (12 including yours and rays & Ct) $ for copies he glanced at, now he kicked me to the curb... can't help U, 'stay away from guys like him' that's his advise, will send a note to my family Dr.... TERRIFIC 😢👎...can't believe this... disability benefits end soon too... frustrated peon... have no use for any Drs ...again thx for nothing including the hug off 😢 some healthcare

Submitted May 19, 2016

Dr Andrea Veljkovic is a great surgeon with a warm heart.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

I have 25 years of professional ballet dancing behind me so I have probably put more miles on my feet and ankles than most. I started having pain and restriction in my left ankle about 7 years ago and despite two surgeries by another excellent orthopedic surgeon and approximately 10 consultations with other surgeons and sports medicine doctors, I was skeptical that Dr. Andie could offer more insight into my extremely painful ankle. Roughly 1 minute into her assessment (after greeting me with a hug) she provided me with new information, talking me through details of my X-rays before physically assessing my ankle by pressing on every major tendon and ligament and asking my feedback on pain, mobility and strength. She seemed to sense that I would appreciate a great deal of information as a patient and I was grateful for her detail and clarity in conveying the full picture of my ankle problem. For the first time in 6 years my pain was comprehensively explained to me. After proposing a treatment plan, she moved to Vancouver…. so I followed her. I was fortunate to get a surgery date with her at St Paul’s Hospital for a posterior FHL release and bone spur removal done arthroscopically, providing less scaring and a shorter healing period. Now, 6 months post-op I have the most range of motion I have had in 6 years (almost my full range) and am in very minimal pain (compared to extreme pain before the surgery)…. most of the remaining pain is coming from another part of my joint which is part of her treatment plan for the future. I was also given a play-by-play explanation of the surgery, which I found both fascinating and vindicating for my pain. I was amazed by the aura of appreciation that surrounds her as every receptionist, nurse, fellow doctor and technician reiterated how lucky I am to be under her care and what a wonderful person she is. She has a way of making everyone around her feel valued, and appreciated, colleagues and patients alike. She is knowledgeable, direct, and compassionate. I am incredibly grateful.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

I'm an elite pre-professional ballet dancer, after dancing through multiple foot injuries an Os Trigonum in my ankle became debilitating. Canada's non-emergency heath care is notoriously slow. But Dr. Veljkovic saw me just a month after my original diagnosis of an Os Trigonum in my right foot. I met her for the first time on a Thursday, she examined my feet and conversed with me about possible treatment. It was severe enough that she suggested surgical excision and she managed to fit me in the next day. I had already gone through a very long line of doctors and referrals but upon meeting Dr. Andie, I had my surgery within twenty-four hours. Dr. Veljkovic is always professional and efficient. Her guidance was essential to my recovery. Even when my recovery took longer than expected, Dr. Veljkovic was supportive and continued to provide me with new methods, stretches and strength exercises to help me get back to dancing. She is the person to go to for treatment of a persistent sports injury.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

I landed in Andie's office after suffering from ankle pain for 6 years. She sized up my problem in record time and recommended ankle and foot reconstruction surgery. I left her office with my head spinning. Surgery was a big deal. My first reaction was to get a second opinion. I asked around and found out that Dr. Tim Daniels was the leading foot and ankle surgeon in Canada and a pioneer in ankle replacement. Then, I found out that his waiting list was 3 years! To get an appointment sooner, especially one with on 1 month, would require nothing short of a miracle. I went back to see Andie. She did not have a big reputation but quickly gained my trust. I went ahead with the surgery she recommended and I am now walking pain free. By all accounts, Dr. Tim Daniels is a great surgeon. If an ankle replacement is your only option, he is the guy. If, as in my case, if foot and ankle reconstruction is an option, you can not find a better surgeon than Andie.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

Dr. Andie is a magician! I first saw her 2.5 years ago with excruciating ankle pain that deformed my foot, and to my embarrassment, at the time I was an extremely active 22-year old needing to walk with a cane. Within a year, she performed two surgeries, sent me for rigorous rehab, and I returned to sport with absolutely no pain. I’ve had multiple sport-related injuries requiring surgery, and with certainty, Andie is the physician that I have trusted most; I highly respect(ed) her advice and opinion. Dr. Andie’s relocation to Vancouver should not undermine the quality of care she provided (or continues to provide) her Toronto patients, her expertise, character, or her generosity. I know she will continue to provide the best care to her patients near and far.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I was seen by Dr. Andie for a disabling shoulder problem. I thought her knowledge and professional manner were impeccable. I have not met another doctor who cared more for her patients. I am finally able to get back to playing waterpolo.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

I have to say that I agree with the last patient. It's like they look at us when someone is on disability and decide before they even start the appointment that we are worthless.

Submitted February 19, 2016

So pysio therapist didn't like what I said, yes I'm frustrated by Drs. they all seem useless to me coming up on six years (not working thx) since my injury still waiting for real care...the last pysio therapist I saw actually said 'what else do you want from me' nothing I guess but at least I have a little life insurance as disability benefits end soon so ...yes she left me high and dry, broke and broken...I could go on but what's the point... no $ for trips west... just another peon here... and Wynn creating a patient ombudsman another waste of $ wish someone would give me $ ...and the new guy can't guarantee pain relief with amputation... terrific 😢

Submitted February 18, 2016

Dr. Andrea Veljkovic's Credentials

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It is 3 years now since Andie performed my 2 separate bunion surgeries (3 months between each foot/leg) and I can say that not a week goes by that I don't think..."

May 20, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "So Andie 😢 thx for nothing, can't believe this !!!... six years (June/10) ago fell from 2nd step of a ladder 3 attempted repairs by 2 colleagues at my local hos..."

May 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Andrea Veljkovic is a great surgeon with a warm heart."

April 16, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have 25 years of professional ballet dancing behind me so I have probably put more miles on my feet and ankles than most. I started having pain and restrictio..."

March 14, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I'm an elite pre-professional ballet dancer, after dancing through multiple foot injuries an Os Trigonum in my ankle became debilitating. Canada's non-emergen..."

March 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I landed in Andie's office after suffering from ankle pain for 6 years. She sized up my problem in record time and recommended ankle and foot reconstruction s..."

February 26, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Andie is a magician! I first saw her 2.5 years ago with excruciating ankle pain that deformed my foot, and to my embarrassment, at the time I was an extreme..."

February 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was seen by Dr. Andie for a disabling shoulder problem. I thought her knowledge and professional manner were impeccable. I have not met another doctor who car..."

February 20, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have to say that I agree with the last patient. It's like they look at us when someone is on disability and decide before they even start the appointment that..."

February 19, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "So pysio therapist didn't like what I said, yes I'm frustrated by Drs. they all seem useless to me coming up on six years (not working thx) since my injury stil..."

February 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Veljkovic was a great first surgery experience for me. I dislocated and broke my knee cap and she had booked me in for surgery within a few days. She is very..."

February 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The foot saving angel. Wonderful Doctor, excellent bedside manner. Not to mention stunningly beautiful"

February 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr andy is awesome i had a foot fracture and she helped me a great deal explaining what would be needed for healing and was wonderful with follow up.This is the..."

December 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have only seen Dr. V for 2 visits so far and both times I've felt like this doctor seems like an exceptional person and very knowledgeable in her trade. She ..."

November 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just read this review too and I am surprised at what I am hearing. Before you go and get your foot removed I would reach out to to her and she see what she s..."

November 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just noticed a recent review posted regarding Dr. Veljkovic's moving from Toronto to Vancouver. I am a physiotherapist in Toronto and I regularly referred pa..."

November 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "So after waiting over six months to see her after two of her colleagues did three other surgeries after I fell off a ladder from the second step gave me all kin..."

November 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Andrea Veljkovic is best Foot Surgeon In Canada and USA.May She be blessed in everything she touches with Patients anywhere she practices."

October 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Simply THE BEST orthopedic surgeon in Toronto and GTA. Too bad she's gone. We lost a good one! "

September 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Veljkovic saved my son's foot; when all the other doctors suggest amputations she push through and went with her instincts that no active 17 year-old should..."

September 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a Lis Franc Fracture on my left foot in May 2014 and Dr. Velikovic saved me. I had broken my foot with a 3 week old infant at home and as anyone can imag..."

September 16, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Velikovic performed 2 complicated surgeries on my leg and ankle involving cutting my bones and inserting wedges as well as cleaning out calcium buildup damag..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had ankle reconstruction surgery this past February and March. Doc Veljkovic was my surgeon and I was one of her last Toronto patients. Here is my story. ..."

July 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Andie Veljkovic saved my life. I was told by three other well known orthopaedic surgeon's in Toronto that my only hope of salvaging my extremely damaged talu..."

July 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Andie Veljkovic is an amazing and talented surgeon with incredible knowledge and is very caring of her patients. I would highly recommend her!! My daughter i..."

July 2, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Almost two years of waiting for surgery after being told I was an amazing case. She was so excited to work on. Then left absolutely high and dry with a terrible..."

July 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Andie is one of the most amazing surgeons that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. My mother and I had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Andie in her Vancouve..."

June 26, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Andie was by far the best doctor. she was the only Dr. able to sucessfully treat me. If I could afford it I would fly to BC just to see her. I was already ma..."

June 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Andrea Veljkovic is the best doctor by far. Incredible knowledge and very talented. I came to see her after I fell over seas and was walking in a brace. My ..."

June 8, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Just another quack, after breaking my mid-foot after falling off a ladder(only 2 steps up) 3 surgeries by 2 of her quacks/colleagues at my local hosp. (ptbo,prh..."

June 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "a big mac large fries a large coke and fries please"

May 21, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Can she give me an appointment for a non united 20 yr old fracture lateral end of clavicle which has started giving me trouble since a yr.? Rajeev Malhotra 647 ..."

May 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Ssssssssssssssdsddfcvbhhhggfddfghgfd dfggfggfghgghb"

April 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Andy is the coolest surgeon out there. I've only had one person operate on me and I'm still sure she's the best. When I first met her, she swooped in and told ..."

April 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was sent to see Dr. Andrea ~Andie~ Veljkovic as a consultation / second opinion on the current status of my leg. My situation has been serious in my view. To..."

April 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Andrea Veljkovic is the amazing surgeon whom you lie awake at night praying to find, then excitedly fist-pump after meeting and being accepted as her patient..."

April 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In early Sept,2014,I was referred to Dr.V.with what appeared to be a ruptured anterior tibialis tendon.She arranged for xrays and an MRI which confirmed the di..."

March 28, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "My daughter got to experience this incredible Dr, although we were able to only see her twice due to her moving out to Vancouver both times were outstanding. F..."

March 26, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Andy was nothing more than spectacular! she took the time to explain my procedure thoroughly and answer every question i could think of. An..."

March 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After 8 frustrating years of seeing a variety of health professionals from sports medicine doctors, physiotherapists, chiropractors, pedorthists, all giving the..."

March 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a 29 year old mother of 2. In 2013 I was referred to Andie for my right ankle, which was badly dislocated in a car accident in 2005. I had two previous su..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr v is absolutely amazing she has saved my life, career and especially my happiness"

March 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "We are so grateful for Dr A. Veljkovic. My mother-in-law had to have surgery on her femur. The surgery was done exceptionally . She spoke to us in english ( not..."

March 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband, for many years a victim of severe rheumatoid arthritis and its many related issues, was in dire need of foot reconstruction. A frustrating, circuit..."

March 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have to say my mom and I are greatly sad to hear Dr.Andy will be leaving. She has given my mom the ability to walk again. We had originally went to see her du..."

March 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When I broke my elbow on a snowy day in November 2014, I was sent to the Toronto Western Hospital. And I was very lucky to be taken care of by Dr Andrea Veljkov..."

February 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Met Dr Andie Sept 2013 and I liked her from the get go, She is very personable . I had had foot problems for a very long time, and it was decided that surgery w..."

February 28, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Andi is a world class surgeon. she knows her field and she genuinely cares for her patients (most doctors can do one or the other, not both). Thank you Dr..."

February 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Andi operated on my mom. After a fall that left my 73 year old mother with a shattered left shoulder, Dr Andi basically put together my mom's shoulder piece..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have experienced only two visits with Dr. velikovic as I am a new patient and fell deep,y sorry that she will be greatly missed! She has so much valuable expe..."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was first referred to Dr. Veljkovic in early 2014 with severe ankle pain. I wasn't sure what to expect from this experience as it was my first visit to Toron..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Andi Veljkovic today and have been a patient of hers since September, 2014. This wonderful doctor has not only provided me with excellent care but ha..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Veljkovic is very very great doctor, she is a great human being, treat her patient very well and explain the problem in detail to my satisfaction and advise..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I first saw Dr. Andi in November 2013 after 6 very painful months of foot pain. After meeting with her, she identified the problems occurring in my foot, and t..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thank god for Dr. Veljkovic - she helped me get back into my normal life after a devastating injury. Toronto is losing an incredible surgeon but I am so gratefu..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had an amazing experience being a patient of Dr. Veljkovic. I was unable to walk and thought that over time my mobility in my ankle and leg would lead me t..."

February 16, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Toronto western hospital is a wonder hospital and great staff. but the powers to be need a kick in the but with a frozen boot for letting her get away dr. Andra..."

February 15, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Veljkovic is one of the best doctors around. When I broke my ankle I was devastated, I'm 24yr old living on their own in the city and being immobile wasn't ..."

February 13, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I am a 45 year old male, with a demanding physical job, as a truck driver and deliver skids weighing over 4000# with a pump truck. The issue with BOTH of my fee..."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My name is Ann Gould,after my surgery performed by"Dr Andy" Andrea velijkovic's my mobility is a thing of the past.. She for a lack of better words killed my le..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am so grateful to Dr. Andi for caring for me after my potentially devastating motorcycle accident. The injury to my foot and ankle were very serious and I had..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My father had to have surgery on his bone for osteomyelitis in October 2013...we were referred to Dr. Veljkovic. She was unlike any surgeon I have ever met - s..."

January 25, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "well guess she can't hold a job so now questioning her skills Iowa, Nova Scotia, Toronto and I guess now B.C. she had given me hope been through 4 of her fellow..."

January 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Andy Veljkovic (Toronto Western Hospital) for about a year now with a very arthritic and rigid big toe. While we have decided not to purs..."

January 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It comes to no surprise that everyone's encounter with Dr Andie is the same = nothing short of remarkable! My mother had suffered for 4 years with nonsense phys..."

January 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. A. Veljkovic is the best surgeon! Due to her professionalism and care I was able to avoid the foot surgery. I am so mush thankful to this doctor for all the..."

January 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a member of a police service and was injured while on duty in 2010. After having my initial situation injury addressed I soon learned that my injury was m..."

January 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am so thankful that I was referred to Andie. After a sports injury to my right foot I had seen numerous doctors, podiatrists and physiotherapists who all misd..."

January 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thank u Andy for being professional, not only as a surgeon, yet as a person as well. There is a distinct anointing upon your giftings. I consider you a frien..."

January 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "After eighteen months and many doctors another orthopaedic surgeon recommended me to Dr. VELJKOVIC. It is six months since the surgery on my achilles and tend..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thank you, Dr. Veljikovic. I am very grateful for your skill and integrity. You managed to save my badly broken hip bone rather than replace it. For such maj..."

December 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am so happy I came across Dr. Veljkovic "accidentally." I had a minor break in one of my feet which she addressed skillfully, but then went on to help me with..."

December 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Veljkovic is the most knowledgeable, approachable and caring doctor I have ever met. I have been to many doctors who claimed that they could help my foot bu..."

December 16, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Veljkovic for a foot injury and am very confident in her treatment. She is so thorough and genuinely committed to helping her patients. ..."

December 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "PRE – Veljkovic –August 2011-February 9, 2014 It was the summer of 2011 and my daughter Nicole limped off the soccer field after colliding with another player d..."

November 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Veljkovic (Andie) the first time on Dec 6, 2013. I was immediately impressed with the time she took to clearly explain what was wrong with my ankle/le..."

November 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After rupturing my Achilles tendon playing basketball in Nov 2013 I went to see Dr. Velkovic. From the moment I met her she put my mind at ease with her level o..."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Reeeedd dreaded ddrdd ddrdd did d GmbH jbjbjbjbjbn. Jbjbjbjbjbn"

November 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr V did an amazing job on my right foot in dealing with multiple issues including a severe bunion, hammer toe (caused in part by an abnormally long second toe)..."

October 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I experienced a tragic Achilles rupture and was given no option for a surgery but to heal in an aircast which did nothing for my recovery. I was referred to Dr..."

October 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Nothing i can say that hasn't already been expressed, i wish all doctors would stand up to as high a standard as Dr. Veljkovic, she is the perfect example of wh..."

October 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I searched for two years to find a solution and a surgeon who would provide me with an answer to my medical problem. Upon meeting Dr. Veljkovic I found she was..."

September 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Born with flat feet (cue “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga), I’ve been dealing with pain pretty much from an early age. Although I was wearing orthotics for the majo..."

September 21, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Where do I begin? I broke my ankle in 2012 at the bottom of the Niagara River. Treatment from the local orthopedic surgeon was substandard so after 6 month..."

September 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "For over a year and a half i had been confronting a severe charkot foot issue. It wasn't until i was seen by Dr, Veljkovic that the situation began to turn aro..."

September 5, 2014

February 22, 2014

November 9, 2013

November 9, 2013
  • 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

November 5, 2013

October 15, 2013
  • City changed from "Kentville" to "Toronto", State changed from "NS" to "ON"

September 1, 2013