Ratings for Dr. Andrea Veljkovic

She was the sixth doctor that I saw, when the others had all but written me off as they couldn't figure out the problem. I was lucky my timing worked out as she was only just moving to Toronto so I had to wait a month until she started working at Toronto western. She gave me a diagnosis that first day and we ended up deciding on surgery 4 weeks later after Physio wasn't getting results. Almost four years later and my ankle is giving me issues again and I'm prepared to follow her to Vancouver as I lost my faith in the other surgeons at Toronto western.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

Best orthopedic surgeon in all of Canada. We are so sad that we lost her to Vancouver!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

doctor Veljkovic has a warm and comforting personality which sets you at ease. She is forthright with what to expect regarding your injury and consequent treatment and prognosis. She is very knowledgeable and open to answering any questions you may have, all in all a positive experience

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I got referred to Dr. Veljkovic from the foot and ankle clinic a St. Paul's Hospital after suffering for almost 5 years from a mysterious and unpredictable ankle locking issue depending on how I moved my ankle. I had seen many doctors and physios before who had just given me excercises to do which had no effect. Dr. Veljkovic was so persistent in trying to figure out the puzzle that no one could figure out. I felt someone finally 'believed' me when I was explaining what I was experiencing. She couldn't solve it initially but she was not going to let it go. Then she saw something that looked like a 'loose body' on a CT scan so booked me for surgery. Turns out I had a bone fragment floating around in my ankle. She pulled it out and I have had no issues since. Her 'bedside manner' is best I have ever seen. So relatable and down to earth. Totally put me at ease both in appointments, in pre-op and during the surgery. She knows what she is doing. Highly, highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

I am so pleased to give comments for Dr. Andrea Veljkovic. I am a very active woman and I had twisted my ankle badly many years ago - and developed osteoarthritis in the joint, which further resulted in the ankle turning in; thus affecting my gait and other joints. In short, when I met Dr. Veljkovic ("Dr. Andie") I knew I had met someone who was really willing to find out how to help me. She discussed several options and I felt completely informed in the decision making process. Dr. Veljovic is genuinely caring; puts you at ease as she is personable and has a great sense of humour. All of this combined with her incredible knowledge and skill as a surgeon, she also appreciates the "whole person" in each client. Dr. Veljkovic wants the best possible outcome for you - and she will stop at nothing until that is accomplished. The ankle fusion and re-alignment I needed to have was a complete success and I am grateful to have met Dr. Veljkovic here in Vancouver. Because of her caring and skill, Dr. Veljkovic was instrumental in relieving the pain and other issues arising, by correcting a collapsing ankle and bringing me back to walk well again. She is the best and I sincerely thank her!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2016

Dr. Veljkovic is by far the most approachable, down to earth,knowledgeable and innovative doctor I have had the pleasure to meet. I suffered a life changing compound fracture as a child and re injured the same ankle in 2010 while working as a law enforcement Search and Recovery Diver. This puts enormous strain on my ankle, swimming in strong current, heavy weed and carrying 100 plus pounds regularly. The injury and related arthritis resulted in a painful locking ankle, and put me on the edge of losing my career. After being referred to Andy by another switched on surgeon (Dr. Latham) she believed she could help me without resorting to a fusion. The surgery involved a few procedures, and was pretty intimidating, but she was so confident it was the right approach, and she was the only one that had a solution other than a fusion. She performed a calcaneal osteotomy, cotton osteotomy, bone graft and calf release surgeries,which all sounds like madness but......it worked! It was all arthroscopic so healing was fast even though she literally rebuilt my foot. I can't imagine someone putting more strain on their ankle than I do in my job and I was back diving after less than four months! Incredible. She saved my career, and that is no exaggeration. I was done and now I'm not - simple. I have to be mindful of bearing weight or uneven ground, but I am largely pain free thanks to these creative procedures. Dr. Veljkovic moved to Vancouver which is a big loss for Toronto. That being said, she still made arrangements to see me for one more follow up when I had to be in Vancouver for other business. Don't listen to one negative review written three separate times. Read what the people who have actually had surgery have to say. If you have the opportunity to be in her care, do not hesitate.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

It is 3 years now since Andie performed my 2 separate bunion surgeries (3 months between each foot/leg) and I can say that not a week goes by that I don't think of her and feel blessed that she decided to see me in Toronto from Nova Scotia. I had painful bunions complicated by arthritis when I went to see her and during my very first appointment on a Monday she was able to tell me exactly what she had to do to my foot and calf muscle. It was actually 2 procedures per side that involved bones and muscle fascia being cut and joints being trimmed of arthritic damage and then plates applied. It all sounded very scary to me but her confidence and professionalism put my mind to rest and after I had the chance to ask all my questions I trusted that she would do the right thing for me. For each foot she performed the surgery on Wed and I was on my way home again on Friday (like many others with a BIG goodbye hug) and have not looked back since. I remember waking up after the surgery and mentally noting that even after surgery - the pain that had kept me awake at night for years seemed so manageable. Since then I have been able to completely resume my hiking and fitness activities always being mindful of what she recommended for me in shoe wear and orthotic support. Andie connects with patients in a way I had never experienced before and not only that - I observed her openly sharing her knowledge with residents, technicians and nurses while setting high standards of professionalism and patient care for them. Andie if you read these comments please know that I am still so happy our paths crossed in spite of your brutal schedule and I know that where ever you are - processes and standards will be elevated because of you. Thank you once again for "fixing" me! Hugs back to you! I would give you 10 stars if I could.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Submitted May 19, 2016

Dr Andrea Veljkovic is a great surgeon with a warm heart.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016