You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Andrea Veljkovic

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Dr andy is awesome i had a foot fracture and she helped me a great deal explaining what would be needed for healing and was wonderful with follow up.This is the 1st doc that I have ever seen who was so very genuine and caring an exceptional person

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

I have only seen Dr. V for 2 visits so far and both times I've felt like this doctor seems like an exceptional person and very knowledgeable in her trade. She is positive thinking person that also gives strong compliments to people when they are due. I have referred to cutting my toe off as a solution and she said, NO I will not do that. I look forward to having my foot reconstructed by Dr. V and being pain free. Jason

flag | Submitted November 27, 2015

I just read this review too and I am surprised at what I am hearing. Before you go and get your foot removed I would reach out to to her and she see what she says. I have never met a doctor who is more professional, straight forward (always tell you the truth) and empathetic as her. I have had two surgeries done by herand am waiting on my third. If it weren't for her and the physiotherapists I have seen I would not be in the place I am today. Andrea is not the type of person to drop someone like that. You can contact her at her office in BC. She is a remarkable lady and I know she will do everything she can to correct the situation you are in. In fact I have had several surgeries throughout my life and and not one doctor comes even close to her expertise. Foot removal is serious and you need a second opinion. You have every right to demand one . I hope you can get your problem solved but in the mean time I suggest reaching out to Dr. V and expressing your concern because I know she will get things straightened out. I am sorry you have had the trouble. I have suffered since she has left, but I PROMISE YOU that if you call her in BC she will get this sorted out. I agree with the last point. BC is very lucky to have suck a skilled surgeon. There is honestly in my opinion like her. She is a professional and will always be. So please do not let this one negative review scare you away. She doesn't have any other reviews less than four stars. She has just recently been voted one of the top surgeons in the country. Please give her a chance as I guarantee she will change your wife!!! Miracle worker!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

I just noticed a recent review posted regarding Dr. Veljkovic's moving from Toronto to Vancouver. I am a physiotherapist in Toronto and I regularly referred patients to Dr. Veljkovic here. My experience was that they were seen in a timely manner and were treated with expertise. I have witnessed patients waiting one to two years to see a foot and ankle specialist so I was really disappointed when she moved to Vancouver. I did see that all of her patients were referred to other orthopaedic surgeons in the Toronto area. I actually had a few patients who opted to fly to Vancouver for continuation of their care and they are doing fantastically post surgery. I'm sorry to read the post from a frustrated patient but it would be wrong for others to believe that Dr. Veljkovic was anything less than professional, expert, caring, and a leader in her field. Vancouver is very fortunate to have her!

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

So after waiting over six months to see her after two of her colleagues did three other surgeries after I fell off a ladder from the second step gave me all kinds of hope to fix the 'mess' that is my foot she bailed out and dumped me on some one that just wants to cut it off!!! Thx for nothing

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

Dr. Veljkovic saved my son's foot; when all the other doctors suggest amputations she push through and went with her instincts that no active 17 year-old should have to live with such a devastating result. She persevered through many surgeries and finally gave us the news that it was nothing short of a miracle. Even though I very much believe in miracles I know that she has a big hand in the results; maybe she was part of the miracle? We are so grateful to her and her perseverance...she truly touch our lives by making a bad situation bearable.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

I had a Lis Franc Fracture on my left foot in May 2014 and Dr. Velikovic saved me. I had broken my foot with a 3 week old infant at home and as anyone can imagine I was distraught. Dr. Velikovic comforted me and made sure I new exactly what to expect with my injury. Two surgeries were performed, the first to install the hardware and repair the break and the other 5 months later to remove the hardware. Both times she did an amazing job and everything she told me happened. All the follow up appointments she continued to be a great support and seemed genuinely concerned about my injury. She even remembered to ask about my baby every time she saw me. I truly was lucky to have her as my surgeon and I would recommend her to anyone. She is definitely the best Dr. I have met. If it wasn't for her I would not be able to run after my son today. THANK YOU DR. V!!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

Dr. Andrea Veljkovic's Credentials

Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The foot saving angel. Wonderful Doctor, excellent bedside manner. Not to mention stunningly beautiful"

February 10, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr andy is awesome i had a foot fracture and she helped me a great deal explaining what would be needed for healing and was wonderful with follow up.This is the..."

December 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have only seen Dr. V for 2 visits so far and both times I've felt like this doctor seems like an exceptional person and very knowledgeable in her trade. She ..."

November 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just read this review too and I am surprised at what I am hearing. Before you go and get your foot removed I would reach out to to her and she see what she s..."

November 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just noticed a recent review posted regarding Dr. Veljkovic's moving from Toronto to Vancouver. I am a physiotherapist in Toronto and I regularly referred pa..."

November 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "So after waiting over six months to see her after two of her colleagues did three other surgeries after I fell off a ladder from the second step gave me all kin..."

November 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Andrea Veljkovic is best Foot Surgeon In Canada and USA.May She be blessed in everything she touches with Patients anywhere she practices."

October 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Simply THE BEST orthopedic surgeon in Toronto and GTA. Too bad she's gone. We lost a good one! "

September 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Veljkovic saved my son's foot; when all the other doctors suggest amputations she push through and went with her instincts that no active 17 year-old should..."

September 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a Lis Franc Fracture on my left foot in May 2014 and Dr. Velikovic saved me. I had broken my foot with a 3 week old infant at home and as anyone can imag..."

September 16, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Velikovic performed 2 complicated surgeries on my leg and ankle involving cutting my bones and inserting wedges as well as cleaning out calcium buildup damag..."

September 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had ankle reconstruction surgery this past February and March. Doc Veljkovic was my surgeon and I was one of her last Toronto patients. Here is my story. ..."

July 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Andie Veljkovic saved my life. I was told by three other well known orthopaedic surgeon's in Toronto that my only hope of salvaging my extremely damaged talu..."

July 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Andie Veljkovic is an amazing and talented surgeon with incredible knowledge and is very caring of her patients. I would highly recommend her!! My daughter i..."

July 2, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Almost two years of waiting for surgery after being told I was an amazing case. She was so excited to work on. Then left absolutely high and dry with a terrible..."

July 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Andie is one of the most amazing surgeons that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. My mother and I had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Andie in her Vancouve..."

June 26, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Andie was by far the best doctor. she was the only Dr. able to sucessfully treat me. If I could afford it I would fly to BC just to see her. I was already ma..."

June 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Andrea Veljkovic is the best doctor by far. Incredible knowledge and very talented. I came to see her after I fell over seas and was walking in a brace. My ..."

June 8, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Just another quack, after breaking my mid-foot after falling off a ladder(only 2 steps up) 3 surgeries by 2 of her quacks/colleagues at my local hosp. (ptbo,prh..."

June 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "a big mac large fries a large coke and fries please"

May 21, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Can she give me an appointment for a non united 20 yr old fracture lateral end of clavicle which has started giving me trouble since a yr.? Rajeev Malhotra 647 ..."

May 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Ssssssssssssssdsddfcvbhhhggfddfghgfd dfggfggfghgghb"

April 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Andy is the coolest surgeon out there. I've only had one person operate on me and I'm still sure she's the best. When I first met her, she swooped in and told ..."

April 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was sent to see Dr. Andrea ~Andie~ Veljkovic as a consultation / second opinion on the current status of my leg. My situation has been serious in my view. To..."

April 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Andrea Veljkovic is the amazing surgeon whom you lie awake at night praying to find, then excitedly fist-pump after meeting and being accepted as her patient..."

April 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In early Sept,2014,I was referred to Dr.V.with what appeared to be a ruptured anterior tibialis tendon.She arranged for xrays and an MRI which confirmed the di..."

March 28, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "My daughter got to experience this incredible Dr, although we were able to only see her twice due to her moving out to Vancouver both times were outstanding. F..."

March 26, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Andy was nothing more than spectacular! she took the time to explain my procedure thoroughly and answer every question i could think of. An..."

March 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After 8 frustrating years of seeing a variety of health professionals from sports medicine doctors, physiotherapists, chiropractors, pedorthists, all giving the..."

March 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a 29 year old mother of 2. In 2013 I was referred to Andie for my right ankle, which was badly dislocated in a car accident in 2005. I had two previous su..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr v is absolutely amazing she has saved my life, career and especially my happiness"

March 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "We are so grateful for Dr A. Veljkovic. My mother-in-law had to have surgery on her femur. The surgery was done exceptionally . She spoke to us in english ( not..."

March 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My husband, for many years a victim of severe rheumatoid arthritis and its many related issues, was in dire need of foot reconstruction. A frustrating, circuit..."

March 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have to say my mom and I are greatly sad to hear Dr.Andy will be leaving. She has given my mom the ability to walk again. We had originally went to see her du..."

March 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When I broke my elbow on a snowy day in November 2014, I was sent to the Toronto Western Hospital. And I was very lucky to be taken care of by Dr Andrea Veljkov..."

February 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Met Dr Andie Sept 2013 and I liked her from the get go, She is very personable . I had had foot problems for a very long time, and it was decided that surgery w..."

February 28, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Andi is a world class surgeon. she knows her field and she genuinely cares for her patients (most doctors can do one or the other, not both). Thank you Dr..."

February 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Andi operated on my mom. After a fall that left my 73 year old mother with a shattered left shoulder, Dr Andi basically put together my mom's shoulder piece..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have experienced only two visits with Dr. velikovic as I am a new patient and fell deep,y sorry that she will be greatly missed! She has so much valuable expe..."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was first referred to Dr. Veljkovic in early 2014 with severe ankle pain. I wasn't sure what to expect from this experience as it was my first visit to Toron..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Andi Veljkovic today and have been a patient of hers since September, 2014. This wonderful doctor has not only provided me with excellent care but ha..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Veljkovic is very very great doctor, she is a great human being, treat her patient very well and explain the problem in detail to my satisfaction and advise..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "I first saw Dr. Andi in November 2013 after 6 very painful months of foot pain. After meeting with her, she identified the problems occurring in my foot, and t..."

February 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thank god for Dr. Veljkovic - she helped me get back into my normal life after a devastating injury. Toronto is losing an incredible surgeon but I am so gratefu..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had an amazing experience being a patient of Dr. Veljkovic. I was unable to walk and thought that over time my mobility in my ankle and leg would lead me t..."

February 16, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Toronto western hospital is a wonder hospital and great staff. but the powers to be need a kick in the but with a frozen boot for letting her get away dr. Andra..."

February 15, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Veljkovic is one of the best doctors around. When I broke my ankle I was devastated, I'm 24yr old living on their own in the city and being immobile wasn't ..."

February 13, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I am a 45 year old male, with a demanding physical job, as a truck driver and deliver skids weighing over 4000# with a pump truck. The issue with BOTH of my fee..."

February 12, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My name is Ann Gould,after my surgery performed by"Dr Andy" Andrea velijkovic's my mobility is a thing of the past.. She for a lack of better words killed my le..."

February 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am so grateful to Dr. Andi for caring for me after my potentially devastating motorcycle accident. The injury to my foot and ankle were very serious and I had..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "My father had to have surgery on his bone for osteomyelitis in October 2013...we were referred to Dr. Veljkovic. She was unlike any surgeon I have ever met - s..."

January 25, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "well guess she can't hold a job so now questioning her skills Iowa, Nova Scotia, Toronto and I guess now B.C. she had given me hope been through 4 of her fellow..."

January 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Andy Veljkovic (Toronto Western Hospital) for about a year now with a very arthritic and rigid big toe. While we have decided not to purs..."

January 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It comes to no surprise that everyone's encounter with Dr Andie is the same = nothing short of remarkable! My mother had suffered for 4 years with nonsense phys..."

January 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. A. Veljkovic is the best surgeon! Due to her professionalism and care I was able to avoid the foot surgery. I am so mush thankful to this doctor for all the..."

January 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a member of a police service and was injured while on duty in 2010. After having my initial situation injury addressed I soon learned that my injury was m..."

January 12, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am so thankful that I was referred to Andie. After a sports injury to my right foot I had seen numerous doctors, podiatrists and physiotherapists who all misd..."

January 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thank u Andy for being professional, not only as a surgeon, yet as a person as well. There is a distinct anointing upon your giftings. I consider you a frien..."

January 9, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "After eighteen months and many doctors another orthopaedic surgeon recommended me to Dr. VELJKOVIC. It is six months since the surgery on my achilles and tend..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thank you, Dr. Veljikovic. I am very grateful for your skill and integrity. You managed to save my badly broken hip bone rather than replace it. For such maj..."

December 30, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am so happy I came across Dr. Veljkovic "accidentally." I had a minor break in one of my feet which she addressed skillfully, but then went on to help me with..."

December 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Veljkovic is the most knowledgeable, approachable and caring doctor I have ever met. I have been to many doctors who claimed that they could help my foot bu..."

December 16, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been seeing Dr. Veljkovic for a foot injury and am very confident in her treatment. She is so thorough and genuinely committed to helping her patients. ..."

December 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "PRE – Veljkovic –August 2011-February 9, 2014 It was the summer of 2011 and my daughter Nicole limped off the soccer field after colliding with another player d..."

November 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Veljkovic (Andie) the first time on Dec 6, 2013. I was immediately impressed with the time she took to clearly explain what was wrong with my ankle/le..."

November 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After rupturing my Achilles tendon playing basketball in Nov 2013 I went to see Dr. Velkovic. From the moment I met her she put my mind at ease with her level o..."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Reeeedd dreaded ddrdd ddrdd did d GmbH jbjbjbjbjbn. Jbjbjbjbjbn"

November 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr V did an amazing job on my right foot in dealing with multiple issues including a severe bunion, hammer toe (caused in part by an abnormally long second toe)..."

October 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I experienced a tragic Achilles rupture and was given no option for a surgery but to heal in an aircast which did nothing for my recovery. I was referred to Dr..."

October 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Nothing i can say that hasn't already been expressed, i wish all doctors would stand up to as high a standard as Dr. Veljkovic, she is the perfect example of wh..."

October 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I searched for two years to find a solution and a surgeon who would provide me with an answer to my medical problem. Upon meeting Dr. Veljkovic I found she was..."

September 25, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Born with flat feet (cue “Born This Way” by Lady Gaga), I’ve been dealing with pain pretty much from an early age. Although I was wearing orthotics for the majo..."

September 21, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Where do I begin? I broke my ankle in 2012 at the bottom of the Niagara River. Treatment from the local orthopedic surgeon was substandard so after 6 month..."

September 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "For over a year and a half i had been confronting a severe charkot foot issue. It wasn't until i was seen by Dr, Veljkovic that the situation began to turn aro..."

September 5, 2014

February 22, 2014

November 9, 2013

November 9, 2013
  • 3 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

November 5, 2013

October 15, 2013
  • City changed from "Kentville" to "Toronto", State changed from "NS" to "ON"

September 1, 2013