Ratings for Dr. Andrea Veljkovic

Dr. Veljkovic is by far the most approachable, down to earth,knowledgeable and innovative doctor I have had the pleasure to meet. I suffered a life changing compound fracture as a child and re injured the same ankle in 2010 while working as a law enforcement Search and Recovery Diver. This puts enormous strain on my ankle, swimming in strong current, heavy weed and carrying 100 plus pounds regularly. The injury and related arthritis resulted in a painful locking ankle, and put me on the edge of losing my career. After being referred to Andy by another switched on surgeon (Dr. Latham) she believed she could help me without resorting to a fusion. The surgery involved a few procedures, and was pretty intimidating, but she was so confident it was the right approach, and she was the only one that had a solution other than a fusion. She performed a calcaneal osteotomy, cotton osteotomy, bone graft and calf release surgeries,which all sounds like madness but......it worked! It was all arthroscopic so healing was fast even though she literally rebuilt my foot. I can't imagine someone putting more strain on their ankle than I do in my job and I was back diving after less than four months! Incredible. She saved my career, and that is no exaggeration. I was done and now I'm not - simple. I have to be mindful of bearing weight or uneven ground, but I am largely pain free thanks to these creative procedures. Dr. Veljkovic moved to Vancouver which is a big loss for Toronto. That being said, she still made arrangements to see me for one more follow up when I had to be in Vancouver for other business. Don't listen to one negative review written three separate times. Read what the people who have actually had surgery have to say. If you have the opportunity to be in her care, do not hesitate.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

It is 3 years now since Andie performed my 2 separate bunion surgeries (3 months between each foot/leg) and I can say that not a week goes by that I don't think of her and feel blessed that she decided to see me in Toronto from Nova Scotia. I had painful bunions complicated by arthritis when I went to see her and during my very first appointment on a Monday she was able to tell me exactly what she had to do to my foot and calf muscle. It was actually 2 procedures per side that involved bones and muscle fascia being cut and joints being trimmed of arthritic damage and then plates applied. It all sounded very scary to me but her confidence and professionalism put my mind to rest and after I had the chance to ask all my questions I trusted that she would do the right thing for me. For each foot she performed the surgery on Wed and I was on my way home again on Friday (like many others with a BIG goodbye hug) and have not looked back since. I remember waking up after the surgery and mentally noting that even after surgery - the pain that had kept me awake at night for years seemed so manageable. Since then I have been able to completely resume my hiking and fitness activities always being mindful of what she recommended for me in shoe wear and orthotic support. Andie connects with patients in a way I had never experienced before and not only that - I observed her openly sharing her knowledge with residents, technicians and nurses while setting high standards of professionalism and patient care for them. Andie if you read these comments please know that I am still so happy our paths crossed in spite of your brutal schedule and I know that where ever you are - processes and standards will be elevated because of you. Thank you once again for "fixing" me! Hugs back to you! I would give you 10 stars if I could.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

Submitted May 19, 2016

Dr Andrea Veljkovic is a great surgeon with a warm heart.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

I have 25 years of professional ballet dancing behind me so I have probably put more miles on my feet and ankles than most. I started having pain and restriction in my left ankle about 7 years ago and despite two surgeries by another excellent orthopedic surgeon and approximately 10 consultations with other surgeons and sports medicine doctors, I was skeptical that Dr. Andie could offer more insight into my extremely painful ankle. Roughly 1 minute into her assessment (after greeting me with a hug) she provided me with new information, talking me through details of my X-rays before physically assessing my ankle by pressing on every major tendon and ligament and asking my feedback on pain, mobility and strength. She seemed to sense that I would appreciate a great deal of information as a patient and I was grateful for her detail and clarity in conveying the full picture of my ankle problem. For the first time in 6 years my pain was comprehensively explained to me. After proposing a treatment plan, she moved to Vancouver…. so I followed her. I was fortunate to get a surgery date with her at St Paul’s Hospital for a posterior FHL release and bone spur removal done arthroscopically, providing less scaring and a shorter healing period. Now, 6 months post-op I have the most range of motion I have had in 6 years (almost my full range) and am in very minimal pain (compared to extreme pain before the surgery)…. most of the remaining pain is coming from another part of my joint which is part of her treatment plan for the future. I was also given a play-by-play explanation of the surgery, which I found both fascinating and vindicating for my pain. I was amazed by the aura of appreciation that surrounds her as every receptionist, nurse, fellow doctor and technician reiterated how lucky I am to be under her care and what a wonderful person she is. She has a way of making everyone around her feel valued, and appreciated, colleagues and patients alike. She is knowledgeable, direct, and compassionate. I am incredibly grateful.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

I'm an elite pre-professional ballet dancer, after dancing through multiple foot injuries an Os Trigonum in my ankle became debilitating. Canada's non-emergency heath care is notoriously slow. But Dr. Veljkovic saw me just a month after my original diagnosis of an Os Trigonum in my right foot. I met her for the first time on a Thursday, she examined my feet and conversed with me about possible treatment. It was severe enough that she suggested surgical excision and she managed to fit me in the next day. I had already gone through a very long line of doctors and referrals but upon meeting Dr. Andie, I had my surgery within twenty-four hours. Dr. Veljkovic is always professional and efficient. Her guidance was essential to my recovery. Even when my recovery took longer than expected, Dr. Veljkovic was supportive and continued to provide me with new methods, stretches and strength exercises to help me get back to dancing. She is the person to go to for treatment of a persistent sports injury.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

I landed in Andie's office after suffering from ankle pain for 6 years. She sized up my problem in record time and recommended ankle and foot reconstruction surgery. I left her office with my head spinning. Surgery was a big deal. My first reaction was to get a second opinion. I asked around and found out that Dr. Tim Daniels was the leading foot and ankle surgeon in Canada and a pioneer in ankle replacement. Then, I found out that his waiting list was 3 years! To get an appointment sooner, especially one with on 1 month, would require nothing short of a miracle. I went back to see Andie. She did not have a big reputation but quickly gained my trust. I went ahead with the surgery she recommended and I am now walking pain free. By all accounts, Dr. Tim Daniels is a great surgeon. If an ankle replacement is your only option, he is the guy. If, as in my case, if foot and ankle reconstruction is an option, you can not find a better surgeon than Andie.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

Dr. Andie is a magician! I first saw her 2.5 years ago with excruciating ankle pain that deformed my foot, and to my embarrassment, at the time I was an extremely active 22-year old needing to walk with a cane. Within a year, she performed two surgeries, sent me for rigorous rehab, and I returned to sport with absolutely no pain. I’ve had multiple sport-related injuries requiring surgery, and with certainty, Andie is the physician that I have trusted most; I highly respect(ed) her advice and opinion. Dr. Andie’s relocation to Vancouver should not undermine the quality of care she provided (or continues to provide) her Toronto patients, her expertise, character, or her generosity. I know she will continue to provide the best care to her patients near and far.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

I was seen by Dr. Andie for a disabling shoulder problem. I thought her knowledge and professional manner were impeccable. I have not met another doctor who cared more for her patients. I am finally able to get back to playing waterpolo.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

I have to say that I agree with the last patient. It's like they look at us when someone is on disability and decide before they even start the appointment that we are worthless.

Submitted February 19, 2016