You may also like

Rate Dr. Andrea Veljkovic

Dr. Andrea Veljkovic's Ratings

I had ankle reconstruction surgery this past February and March. Doc Veljkovic was my surgeon and I was one of her last Toronto patients. Here is my story.

Within minutes of meeting Andie for the first time, my head was spinning. She insisted on being called Andie. She zeroed in on the problem with my foot in record time. Then she explained exactly what she proposed to do by drawing all over my ankle with her pen (5 procedures and 2 separate surgeries). WOW. After several more visits, my head stopped spinning and I decided to go ahead with the surgery. Everything Andie recommended made sense and, most importantly, I trusted her.

Andie used arthroscopic techniques (how she was able to perform a calcaneous osteotomy with only 4 tiny incisions is beyond me). She prescribed vitamins post-surgery. She visited me in the recovery room. She gave me a hug. She came back from Vancouver twice to follow up with me.
I am 5 months post surgery and, for the first time in 6 years, walking without pain. The stars and the planets must have been aligned when I ended up in Andie's clinic. My trust was well-placed.

Unfortunately my non-surgical ankle is giving me grief. I am looking at options to have the surgery in Toronto, but if I can figure out the logistics of going to Vancouver, Stanley and I will be on a plane in a flash! LD

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2878190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Dr Andie Veljkovic saved my life. I was told by three other well known orthopaedic surgeon's in Toronto that my only hope of salvaging my extremely damaged talus bone was to fuse the leg bone and ankle bones together. I am a very active woman and being told I would have walking limitations for the rest of my life, it was not an option. Dr Andie gave me hope for my future and post operation, it was the best decision I ever made. She has the best bedside manner I have ever seen in a doctor. Very attentive, well mannered, trustworthy, knowledgable and always gave an oppurtunity for you to ask questions and gave a truthful answer. Most doctors don't let you say two words. I am so thankful I had the oppurtunity to have Dr Andie perform this surgery before she left for BC. She is very gifted, and BC has gained an incredible surgeon. She will be missed dearly. If anyone is ever fustrated and loses hope I would highly recommend going to see her there. No one should be questioning why she left. Doctors move around all the time, especially the good ones. I would defiantly recommend her and wish her all the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2868546].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

Dr Andie Veljkovic is an amazing and talented surgeon with incredible knowledge and is very caring of her patients. I would highly recommend her!! My daughter is a dancer and when she experienced issues with her right toe and foot, she was very lucky to have been referred to Dr Andie V in Toronto. When we were told that Dr Andie was moving to Vancouver, we were given a choice and we decided to have Dr Andie performed the required procedure in Vancouver as we trusted her 100%. Dr. Andie and her staff worked closely with us to coordinate and expedite the procedure in Vancouver and this turned out to be very successful. Thank You Dr. Andie !. My daughter's dance career is back on track!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2854793].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Almost two years of waiting for surgery after being told I was an amazing case. She was so excited to work on. Then left absolutely high and dry with a terrible referral and I'm back to square one. She was surely knowledgeable about my issue, but the overall experience was disappointing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2854581].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

Dr. Andie is one of the most amazing surgeons that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. My mother and I had the pleasure of seeing Dr. Andie in her Vancouver clinic one day, and she was able to correctly diagnose my mothers foot problems. Dr. Andie treated my mother conservatively, and within 3 months, with the help of night splints, physio, stretching exercises, and orthodics, my mom was able to walk again without any pain. Her recovery was amazing, especially since she didn't require any surgery. Thank you Dr. Andie for giving my mom her life back! You're the best!!! xoxo Ambreen Jawad

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2850261].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Dr Andie was by far the best doctor. she was the only Dr. able to sucessfully treat me. If I could afford it I would fly to BC just to see her. I was already making trips from Ottawa to Toronto for her. I had a very special case:

I had two bunion surgeries by an idiot Dr here in Ottawa and the screw he put in my foot ended up popping out. I the. Searched for a new Dr and found Dr. Andie. With one look at my x-Rays she was able to tell me that I have a juvenile bunion on both feet. I didn't even know there were different kinds of bunions. She told me that my former surgeon didn't preform proper surgeries on me and that she would rather not preform any more to prevent further damage. She gave me a splint to wear, excercises and special orthotics and a full year later my life has changed. I still have slight pain but hardly as much. I can play sports now and runs and actually do daily activities.
She also brought in a group of other surgeons to my room and used this as a teaching moment for them. I wish her the best in the new hospital and hope she finds her way closer to Ottawa.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2838826].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Dr. Andrea Veljkovic is the best doctor by far. Incredible knowledge and very talented. I came to see her after I fell over seas and was walking in a brace. My injury was to my right ankle and I kept getting run round by doctors. I was lucky to have received a call from her. I knew I was in best hands when I met her and felt sense of releif knowing I was in good hands. She took the time to make me understand what kind of injury I had and what frame I was looking at for recovery time. I saw her today for a follow up. She is full of energy and carries such a positive attitude that my words won't do its justice. My foot is doing much better and recovery time looks great. Dr. Veljkovic thank you taking care of me and I apprecate you always and you are simply the best ☺️ I would highly recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2831570].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Just another quack, after breaking my mid-foot after falling off a ladder(only 2 steps up) 3 surgeries by 2 of her quacks/colleagues at my local hosp. (ptbo,prhc) saw her first in dec. said she could fix me up but wanted a consult from Daniels about my ankle now also needing fixing do to the 'mess' of my foot so saw him first of Jan. (wow must be a mess, what wait time) so far was impressed only to learn when her office called to reschedule my 2nd appt. early Feb to the end of Feb as a final follow-up as she's leaving for B.C. then saw Daniels and him seeing the ct scan that she ordered (2 blks away and $40. I had to bring it to him) all he wants to do is cut it off. Thx for nothing andie. Almost 5 years now broke & broken!!! Thx for gp dr and pain killers livers probably shot all these good things U hear about Drs really wonder how many people like me just left to suffer now Daniels has me going to his pain clinic says it seems to be static as he glanced at the x-rays on the screen (that were from my Jan appt., I think he thought they were new) he said he'd see me in Sep after the pain clinic was done with me and walked away. Terrific!!!!! Like andies idea about not wanting to live like me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2830966].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Can she give me an appointment for a non united 20 yr old fracture lateral end of clavicle which has started giving me trouble since a yr.? Rajeev Malhotra 647 400 3002 / malraj55@yahoo.ca

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2794837].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

Andy is the coolest surgeon out there. I've only had one person operate on me and I'm still sure she's the best. When I first met her, she swooped in and told me I'd smashed up my metatarsal into 7 baby pieces, and that I was lucky she "loves this kind of thing." She drew all over my foot with a marker explaining what I did, and how she was going to fix it. She operated the next week and everything went very smoothly. I have a plate and a bunch of pins in there. My healing process was brutal though. I developed RSD syndrome , nothing to do with the operation - just to do with my unlucky foot and poor healing powers. Dr Veljkovic was incredibly supportive. Every time I went to see her she made me feel like a super healing super woman. So encouraging and so wonderful and so thorough in every visit. SHE RULES.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2778763].votes_count ]]