Ratings for Dr. Piero Tartaro

Waited five months to see this doctor and it was a waste of wait time. Firstly, the assistant tells you that you need to notify them for cancellations. Makes good sense except she doesn't take a wait list. It's too much work "we don't do that". So i ask what's the point of warning me about cancellations if you do nothing about it. "It's our policy". I show up at my appointment punctuallly at 8am I was the first one scheduled that day. After waiting 15 min to 20 min I asked what was going on, the assistant tells me that the doctor had come early and the next patient was already here so he took them in. I was dumbfounded by her explanation. Once I got to see the doctor, he apologized about the wait and asked a series of questions and told me there was nothing wrong with me. No physical nor other tests just questions. About two months after this visit I ended up in the hospital with gastro problems and was told to visit a gastroenterologist. I laughed recalling my visit with this doctor that was not only useless but extremely useless. The doctor had only one advice he recommended I see a nutritionist of his choosing. When I called her she was on mat leave, him and his office had no idea. They also had no other recommendation. I disliked everything about my visit, the clueless assistant, the wait, the doctor's lack of diligence and proper care, his arrogant demeanour, his lack of professionalism and the fact that you wait all this time for a useless visit. I give this guy a big zero for all the above reasons. Doctor if you read this, I'm always very grateful for people in your profession but you sir are useless.

Submitted July 11, 2017

My first visit with Dr Tartaro, went extremely well as you can see by my ratings. As well, his off ice staff went out of their way for me. Unfortunately, I arrived with cramping in both hands, and Juliette his secretary, immediately came over and helped me. She got my health card out of my wallet, replaced it and then showed me how to relieve the cramps. Very kind and cheerful but I could see she was very busy. The other young woman, (I didn't get her name) took me to waiting room and helped me take off my jacket and get me settled in. I am so happy to be in the care of Dr Tartaro, as well as Juliette, who also called my son to come pick me up.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014

The secretary is a little curt, but the doctor was wonderful, feel very confident in his diagnosis, Very caring and knowledgable,very easy to converse with.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

After seeing a couple doctors last year with a very sudden and severe UC diagnoses, I finally got the help I needed from Dr Tartaro. He absolutely saved me from surgery, as I was hours away from losing my colon. Not only is he friendly, knowledgeable, punctual, and helpful, he's also not too proud to admit when he doesn't know something. But he will try his best to find out the answer for you. I have seen a lot of doctors for my age (29) and he is by far the BEST doctor I have ever seen. I honestly can not say enough good things about him. I am so thankful to be under his care. His receptionist is a little curt, but she's not too bad. If you are lucky enough to have Dr Tartaro care for you, you are in excellent hands!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2013

A very kind, gentle doctor who makes his patients feel like they are really well cared for. He will continue on until he finds the answers to help you. Quiet manner which makes patients feel comfortable and at ease. He's one of the best doctors I've ever had the pleasure of having as a doctor and I've had several doctors. His secretary does not reflect on him as a doctor. If you can get past her you have it made. He is nothing like her. He doesn't have a choice for a secretary. She obviously was assigned to him and it's too bad because if you can't get past her hostility and rudeness then you can't have the pleasure of getting one of the best gasroenterologists EVER!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013