Ratings for Dr. Michael Smith

Dr. Smith is not a Dr. I would recommend. His office is old an equipment is out of date and he is as well I am sad to say. If your GP gives you a referral please do not accept it and ask to please see a different ENT. You deserve someone who is open minded and has current training and equipment.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

Although this Doctor may have been very helpful to other people my experience was not the same. Posting my story on this site would not be appropriate I feel,instead a written letter of my concerns directly to the Doctor is the avenue I choose.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2014

We were referred to Dr. Smith from the hospital emergency room after our 2 year old daughter tried to make herself "earrings" and got a small item lodged in her ear canal for the better part of 5 days. He was willing to see us that same day and help remove said item but as she had recently eaten and could not be sedated for the procedure, we were given an appointment at his office for the following day. Everyone there was very friendly and helpful - he was lovely and calm and immediately set my very afraid daughter at ease. She would not let anyone else near her, but he was able to gain her trust before being allowed to look in her ear and assess the situation. Upon seeing that the item was lodged right up against her ear drum, Dr. Smith called ahead to the emergency room and told them we were coming. We were set up and he came right over-after putting her under sedation, the gemstone was removed easily and we were on our way home. Grateful for his help and the excellent care !

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

My son has been treated by Dr. Smith for several years because of recuring ear infections, placement of associated drainage tubes, and now tonsillectomy from chronic strep throat infections. We could have chosen a number of ENT specialists associated with Children's Hospital in Vancouver but have been impressed by Dr. Smith and his high quality of care. This doctor is calm, personable, kind, compassionate, knowledgeable, experienced, fits us into a busy schedule when needed, and always focuses on the child and his needs first. I feel as a parent that Dr. Smith's ability to engage my child by directing questions to him and listening closely to his answers demonstrates a high level of respect and one of the primary reasons that I respect him, plus he did a great job in removing my sons tonsils.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

Dr Smith is a fantastic Doctor. Kind and caring he was able to diagnose and correct what could have been a catastrophic condition to my son's hearing. Excellent staff and good follow up. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2012