Ratings for Dr. Peter Doherty

This man does not care. He really does not. Just take the drugs and come back in three months. Actually gave me a prescription that was 2.5 times stronger than I was on by mistake sending me into ga ga land. No apology - told me to cut them in half from now on. Well and truly time for retirement for this one - has been hack.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

He made 39 minor and major mistakes in his report about me as an IME and said I had an adjustment disorder despite many other diagnoses of severe PTSD previously (and since) by qualified doctors. He even took the time to argue with me through the appointment that I was fat as a child (which I wasn't) and which has absolutely nothing to do with my current condition. If you are sent to see him for an IME, I would respectfully suggest you ask to see another doctor, which is well within your rights. If you don't request another, then record your visit with him or take someone else in with you as a witness.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

He is biased to insurance companies as was confirmed when his report was taken to arbitration. Had basically predetermined his report prior to attending. Stated to "only give me 2 lines of information" when asking the occasional question, said "that's enough" when answering his questions.. DENIED this when a complaint was lodged through workcover. His report was totally CONTRARY to reports from GP, Psychologist & a Professor of Psychiatry!!!.. certain case managers at Xchanging insurance send you to him because he is BIASED in favour of them!!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2017

I've been seeing Peter Doherty for over 10 years.I had problems getting in tune with his manner and after about 12-18 months I sought a second opinion from a psychiatrist I sourced independently. I was seriously considering shifting away from Doherty. Doherty raised no qualms about sending my record to this other psychiatrist. However, the second psychiatrist, who really impressed me, impressed upon me the reality Peter's treatment of me was no different to what he (the 2nd psych., would employ. I decided to continue with Peter and have mostly been very happy since. I've adapted better to his manner, which I've always found to be kind, but apparently a bit offhand. I've always found his advice to be good (I research everything thoroughly), he has always given me plenty of choice, ALL drug increase, change, and decrease decisions are mine, based, of course on the knowledge he imparts. He clearly sets out the options, and the pros and cons of each. Since the 2nd opinion I've always taken my partner with me. He's never questioned that, and realises it helps in the sense that she is able to give him better input on my condition and any changes than I can, and she is able both to add to my recall (I have an appalling memory, made worse by one of my drugs) and to help me at times better interpret what I've been told. This has helped me considerably. Would I recommend Peter Doherty to others? Yes, but with provisos. And I would stress that if any prospective patient finds him difficult at first, if they can cope it would be good to bear with him.The time taken is, I believe, well worth it. Review about: Psychiatric Services. I liked: Treatment for clincical chronic suicidal depression. I didn't like: Peters attitude initially but i now have full confidence.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

He disagreed with the Judges. If he can't understand things he shouldn't pontificate from on high.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

I moved house however he claims I live somewhere else and that he saw me when he didn't. His nurses said my report wasn't typed except other people had it. Whoever he saw should sue him for privacy or something like that.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

I really felt very comfortable talking to him I wish I can see him again he listen to you and understand you I can't thank him enough . And the staff very nice and Freindly and helpful

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

His report forgot to list any of the unassailable documents, facts and laws in the Judgements but then he backs the insurer to the hilt. He copies the insurer summary of papers like the classroom dunce.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

He doesn't understand that conspiracy to commit crimes is easily verified by the arrests and Sentences on drug traffickers and their white collar accomplices. He can't very good because the cocaine ring are in jail and his files were with the prosecutors.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

I don't really know what to say about this man. After 8 years of severe PTSD and major depression I was sent to this person for an IME, His written findings were at odds with all of my medical and psychiatric assessments over 8 year period. He stated to Exchanging that there was nothing wrong with me and that I should be retrained and sent back to work. As a direct result of Peter Doherty "Work", I am now an in-patient at the Melbourne clinic and have just started my first round of ECT I have been here 3 weeks and have another month to go. With luck that will be enough. Oh the reason that I am back in the Melbourne clinic is to treat my major depressive illness and PTSD which has risen up to haunt like a Phoenix, I blame Doherty . This man is a medical prostitute, his tricks are the major work cover agents. My health is such that under no circumstances will I allow myself to be in a room alone with Peter Doherty

flag | Submitted January 7, 2017