Ratings for Dr. T.E. Abraham

Needs to be more compassionate, very rude. I had an endoscopy done because I was having chronic nausea and had lost 15 lbs in about a 1.5 months (I am 5'6 and 125 lbs so not a lot to lose). After the endoscopy, they did not find anything wrong, and obviously I was upset, as I was struggling to get in 500 calories a day. Dr. Abraham basically implied I had an eating disorder and I had to 'get over it'.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2018

This person is incompetent at best, I suffered severe injuries by his hand during a routine gastroscopy, if you do not want to suffer the same fate I did run as fast as you can, I do not think he even has a medical degree, this is no joke, your health is no joke, Abraham Thirakatu is an incompetent quack and criminally negligent

flag | Submitted August 17, 2018

Awful bedside manner. Does not claim responsibility for patients. Will make a phone call about “emergent” diagnoses but not write a report to express concern, leaving it in the hands of family members to continue finding definitive care. I would never recommend this man to provide care for anyone. Someone his “urgent” reports take 3 weeks to actually get typed up, which I have never experienced in with any other gastroscope report. I cannot believe he is allowed to act in this way.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

Terrible bedside manner. Dismissed all of my questions, and told me that my stomach issues were "in my head". Rude, condescending, and flat out wrong (the FODMAP diet has done wonders for me since).

flag | Submitted May 22, 2018

Worst doctor I have ever seen! He constantly rolled his eyes and made 'UGHHH' sounds while I was trying to explain the issue I had come in for. He cut me off multiple times and made comments that were more then unhelpful and were frankly EXTREMELY rude. He made assumptions based on my job (Bartender) that I am a heavy drinker, which he didn't let me tell him were untrue. He then made a comment about how I probably do narcotics. These assumptions are not only insulting to me but are also damaging to someones healthcare they receive because of a biased doctor. His staff are lovely but he is the biggest jerk I have ever been to see. I cannot believe that he has a practice. I almost want to cancel my procedure as I would rather be sick still then have this man anywhere near me. If you are referred to his clinic PLEASE ask for another doctor!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

Doctor Dr. T. E. Abraham from the Provis-Rudd clinic in Toronto has terrible bedside manners. He diagnosed me with a hiatus hernia, and gave me almost no information regarding it. He flat out denied my inquiry to understand why surgery is not an option aside from him making a claim that it's not usually successful. When looking for an alternative because my regular drug isn't working well he gave me one that's incredibly expensive and said there's not even a difference in his opinion but I can try it out. This has been a life-changing condition for me and Dr. Abraham has made me feel uncared for and not listened to. I'm sure he sees many worse cases at his clinic and wanted to hurry me away, but to me this is important and I think that's an important part of being a good doctor. His staff however are very kind, and even they realize how terrible he is. You can see it on their faces when he says something rude which is often.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017