Ratings for Dr. Ian Waters

The best! Always there for you. Always current with medical advances. Doesn't beat around the bush.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Okay, so he admittedly doesn't have the best bedside manner and can be very rude to his staff and coworkers (which is DEFINITELY not okay), but he's also a very knowledgeable doctor who will almost certainly be able to help you with whatever lung issue you're having. Not necessarily the warmest of people, but he'll probably treat your illness successfully. So in the end, not the worst deal.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

Dr Waters is very rude and unhelpful. His manner is abrasive and condescending. I would get a re-referal to another respirologist if you can. He should not be a practicing doctor.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

The only good thing I have to say about Dr. Waters is that he is generally knowledgeable. He is condescending and rude, to the point of being a bully to both the staff who work with him and the patients and families he treats. I have seen him verbally abuse his co-workers, and know that nurses are often afraid to call him about patient concerns because he berates and belittles them when they call. He is the WORST doctor I have ever encountered, and would not recommend him to anyone. He should either retire, or have his medical license revoked. He is unprofessional and inappropriate. If you get stuck with this man, please seek another physician.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

Dr Waters is one of the most knowledgeable doctors I have ever had. I have spent a lifetime in doctors offices and he has always had his patients best interest in the forefront. He often comes across as gruff and mean because he is worried about his patient going downhill or not following his suggestions but his knowledge and experience far outweigh his bedside manner. I highly recommend him for anyone with respiratory issues.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2013

When my late father suddenly developed idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (think CF in the elderly) and his respiratory system collapsed within a 48 hr persiod, Dr Waters worked for over 20 hours straight to try and save him. Never left the hospital, was constantly available to the family and even supplied his personal cell # in case we needed info at any time. After Dad passed, he called twice to make sure we were doing okay and understood what happened. I still have his number. To our family he was indeed somewhat blunt, but he was there to provide whatever information we asked, before, during and after Dad's final illness. We have no issues with this practitioner.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2013

Extremely helpful, have had a chronic cough for 8 years, he was the first doctor that took the time to check for the problem instead of just giving me meds hoping they would work. Most docs I have seen never bothered testing me, let alone doing bronchoscopes. He is very knowledgeable and tells it as it is, he doesn't sugar coat anything he tells you. The last coue of reviews, sounded like he told them stuff they didn't want to hear, but I would rather have it straight up, hear the worst and be surprised when the best comes.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

My wife is in hospital, terminaly ill, under the dominance of this person. She keeps saying, "I don't want to see that man anymore". I know nothing of his knowledge, staff, punctuality.skills. His manner is abrasive and uncaring. When he spoke to me he was bullying. I accepted his prognosis and advice, but when I asked whether she might enjoy a few days at home, he became angry. His manner suggests that he would be happier as assistant to Dr. Mengele.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

this should not be a doctor!! he is rude and mean. does not spend any time listing to you.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

I found Dr. Waters to be very knowledgeable and thorough. I ended up in the hospital with a bad case of pneumonia (lung abscess, pleural effusion) and he successfully treated the pneumonia, performed a bronchoscopy which did not cause any discomfort afterwards, and was always willing to explain my test results.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2012