Ratings for Dr. Atheer Al-Kaabi

Both my husband and I have been seeing him for several years. He is very thorough, kind, and a refreshing sense of humour.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Very professional and intense in his thought and collection of information. Spent a lot of time going through testing, sometimes more than once to get the right diagnosis. Very happy with his thoroughness and finally after seeing doctors for two years walked out with a diagnosis. Some people like a chatty doctor. He is not. He concentrates on the task at hand. He did smile and show a different side of his personality when his job was complete. He contacted my personal doctor immediately and asked for a followup in the near future.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

Diagnosed and treated problems. First rate Doctor.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2018

Seemed to be the only doctor in the city that was willing to put in the time to help me with my problems was having. Followed up with me and gave me ways to contact him should i have any concerns in between appointments. Excellent neurologist

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

I always feel like I have to chase after his staff to get anything done. Very outdated system of MAILING out appointment times/change of appointment notices. Canada Post is not always reliable and I have found out the day before an appointment that it's been changed on me because the staff refuses to pick up the phone (really not sure why). I've overheard other people having this same problem - including a BLIND woman who did not have any one to read mail to her. I've also had to call to see if lab results have come in and was told "how would I know?" by the girl on the phone. She informed me that she absolutely could not check my file because it was stored somewhere else and she would have to go pull it. Clearly not a matter of "can't" but "won't". I've also run into problems trying to make appointments with him, even after he has specifically instructed the staff to let me call and schedule appointments when I need to they still refuse, I now have to constantly have an outstanding appointment with him just to ensure that I can see him. I have epilepsy, but while I was still undergoing the process of finding a medication that works I had a seizure, called in to report it to his staff and book an appointment since clearly that was a sign of my medication not working and they wouldn't allow it, they said at best they could talk to him and after that they would book an appointment and notify me of it. As he is only in on Tuesdays at this office I had to wait almost an entire week after having a seizure (which is very dangerous as it is more likely to happen again, especially when it is unknown why exactly it happened in the first place) just to for them to talk to him and an entire month for them to send me a letter stating that my appointment would be in a week from the date I received the letter. Very inefficient. Dr. Al-Kaabi, however, is quite helpful, and seems knowledgeable, I sometimes find him intimidating or difficult to talk to as he is sometimes very rushed in his appointments (I realize he sees a lot of people and I try to keep it to the point, but even then I feel like I don't always have time to speak up for myself or when I do he brushes me off). He has very good bedside manner though and is always very kind.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Excellent neurologist! Was very polite,knowledgable. He was responsible for diagnosing with me epilepsy and putting me on the right meds and I haven't had a problem since. He also cares a lot. Nothing better than a great doctor!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

I was seen by him over one year. I have good experience. He is polite and listen what I want to say. Request for MRI when it was needed. A good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013