Ratings for Dr. Kenneth S Nelson

i can't believe these reviews; if they are true, they should have been reprted, but he has no sanctions/malpractice/discpline. my father is a patient, and i hadn't been to a doctor in...a long time. he has greatly improved my overall health, considering i was pretty sick on my first visit. hr nailed my problems right away...the staff is wonderful, getting an emergency appointment isn't to hard; if dr. ken is not avalible, they'll get you in to see another doctor; getting appointments around my schedule isn't hard, and the wait time is usally under 10 minutes..i had to call the office due to a problem with my father, and got aa call back in 10 minutes. the longest i've had to wait for a call back (during hours- never had to call off-hours) is 10 minutes. HIGHLY recommend!!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

My husband used to see this doctor many years ago and was very unhappy with his care. My husband was very sick: swollen glands, extreme fatigue, sore throat, etc. The doc never ordered blood work and told my husband he was run down. He gave him, I kid you not, a grocery list and told him to improve his diet!!!!!! Well, my husband found a new doc who ran a blood test and as it turned out my dh had mono!!!! Untreated mono can effect your liver and spleen. I know of another elderly patient who was having very obvious health issues (shortness of breath, couldn't walk to the bathroom w/o stopping to rest, etc.) Dr. Nelson told him he was just getting old. He saw a cardiologist (only after his family demanded it) and he ended up have a triple bipass a week later. Judge for yourself.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2009

I suffered an adverse drug reaction because he was too lazy to look at his Physician's desk reference. The pharmacist called Dr. Nelson to inform him that I had already taken the samples and was suffering an adverse reaction to the medication that Dr. Nelson gave me. I was instructed by the pharmacist to call Dr. Nelson. So I called Dr. Nelson several times to get his HELP. Dr. Nelson responded by calling the police and had me arrested for telephone harassment instead of treating me for the adverse drug reaction, which he caused. Run away from this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2008

I started going to this doctor and now my husband goes to him and we have switched our children to him too. He is magnificent! He has helped all of us out on many occasions. We never have to wait long for him. His office is open 7 days a week and every specialist he referred us to has been top-notch. I would never switch doctors and I recommend him all the time. If someone had problems with him, I find it hard to believe. He is very knowledgable and incredibly helpful. He is also pleasant to visit and when you are in the hospital, you can count on his presence there, even if you are being treated by the specialist. I highly recommend Dr. Nelson!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2006

This Physician refused to treat me for an adverse drug reaction. He told me he did not know what to do. The sad part is the doctor teaches other doctors. Obviously, the Illinois Posion Control Center is not in this doctor's rolodex.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2006

Dr. Kenneth S Nelson's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1983)

• BCBS Illinois