Ratings for Dr. Meg Iizuka

I must agree with the others on this board, that although Dr Iizuka is warm, kind, and thorough, the support staff at the clinic, especially reception, are not helpful at all. They are cold and rude. Its more than enough for me to start looking for another doctor!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Dr. Iizuka has been seeing our daughter since she was 18months old. The concerns were related to the appearance of crossed eyes and astigmatism. She has a warm, helpful personality and is great with kids! My daughter loves her, and blows her a kiss each time. She is knowledgeable and thorough, and answered our questions well. She took the time to watch a video where the concerns were apparent. Love the doctor, but I have to agree with others, that the wait time (~1hr, even for an 8:45 appt), office staff, and rescheduling leave much to desire. The assistant who does the initial check-up is also very cold, and was dismissive and annoyed that my easy-going 2-yr-old did not want to look into the refraction machine.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

Can not comment on her knowledge because my kids never got to see her. Reception extremely unhelpful. Was even unable to leave a mesaage for her. Got an appointment with her after 9 months. When I told them that the time and day won't work for me because I am not in town, the next date I was offered was about 6 months away. Very unprofessional attitude. Why would I want to take my children to a doctor who tells her secretary to tell me to take them to another opthomologist.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Dr.Iizuka is the great doctor. She is very helpful to me and my daughter and also very polite doctor. Doctor and teams work very hard that I can see . Many thanks doctor and teams that I really like them.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I agree the doctor is great - Dr. Iizuka diagnosed our daughter right away after the pediatrician and an ophthalmologist from Sick Kids misdiagnosed - but the reception are terrible - no returned calls, can't find files, hung up on me....unbelievable. I too will look elsewhere and do hope the centre can figure out how to manage the place.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Dr. Iizuku is a 5 star Doctor if rated solely on her professionalism, knowledge, interpersonal skills and MOST importantly, her A1 skills as a specialty Ophthalmalogy Surgeon. I have NO hesitation in recommending her or having her operate on my eyes. Her follow up is also A1. The problem with this type of practice is #1 the volume of patients and doctors and #2 the number of tests that are necessary BEFORE one sees the magical eye surgeon, Dr. Megumi Iizuku!!!!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

My daughter has been a patient of Dr. Iizuka's for a number of years. I have made the decision to move to another doctor - not because of Dr. Iizuka's lack of expertise, but because it is impossible to get a hold of anyone on the phone whether it be to answer a simple question or schedule or change an appointment. Nor can you leave a message - you have to keep calling until someone finally answers the phone which can take days. It's absolutely ridiculous. There have been times when we had an appointment scheduled months in advance only to be rescheduled for another lengthy period because Dr. Iizuka had a conflict. I am a working mother and do not have time to waste. So we have switched to another doctor in the neighborhood - equally competent but they actually answer their phone (right away!), call you back if you leave a message (yes, you can leave a message! And they call you back the same day!) and I was able to get an appointment for my daughter within the same week instead of waiting months. Dr. Iizuka's office is in serious need of an administrative overhaul.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Got a casual but very serious "possible" diagnosis. The doctor had a carefree attitude about the whole thing which I found to be inappropriate and quite discouraging. I don't feel like my questions were answered with confidence. They could improve the patient experience starting with answering their phone, getting an answering machine and not overbooking to lessen wait times. Bedside manner is another issue.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Waited 2.5hrs before seeing Dr Iizuka's colleague who was very thorough and kind, gentle. A huge contrast to Iizuka who seemed to treat me like I was an object - roughly twisted my head this way and that instead of asking me to look in the direction she wanted and then spoke about me as though I wasn't there. I had to ask what she was talking about before she acknowledged my presence and explained my condition. Her smile was very fake and her deliver cold and insincere. Was a complete waste of my time.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

Punctuality reflects professionalism. Helpfulness reflects integrity. These virtue are hard to find. (By to way, the doctor is a she. Whoever started the first review made a mistake.)

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015