Ratings for Dr. Maggie Tysee

I saw Maggie when she was in her final year of predoctoral internship. She seemed inexperienced and spent a lot of time stumbling around in an effort to fit me into some diagnostic category. Much of what she told me was nothing more than you could get out of a gab session in the dorm with your friends; in other words, there was very little clinical activity going on. Instead of helping me understand why relationship problems kept occurring, she told me to start new relationships and just hope that the problem didn't come back. She was aggressively heterosexist and refused to help me improve my same-sex relationships. She was only willing to work with me on other-sex relationships. She wanted me to join a church group, and maybe her religious views lay behind this stance. Maggie may be good at something, but it was nothing that I needed helpw ith when I went to UW's counseling center during my senior year.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2012