Ratings for Dr. Willa Litvack

I completely agree with the person who posted below. She seemed judgemental and dismissive during our sessions and was distracted on the computer or with her dog. I wished I knew this before but her dog is there during sessions and is usually snoring loudly or running around which is distracting when you are trying to pour your heart out. She never asked if having her pet there was ok with me. So be prepared to be sitting on a couch covered with dog hair when you go. During a session, I was crying and she just said I have another patient. I had to leave completely distraught. She is more concerned with making money than helping her patients. I didn't feel like she was trying to understand me and help me resolve my issues. Seeing her has unfortunately made me weary of seeing other psychologists. Please consider another psychologist unless you want to waste your time, money and energy.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

I'm very suspicious of these other reviews because this was not my experience at all. I have a severe anxiety disorder and she came across disinterested and distracted (she blames this on her ADD). She made rude passing comments about other patience, and seemed to be annoyed when I had difficulty looking her in the eye. I suggested that I may also have Austin Spectrum Disorder because I scored very high on internet tests, and I have a family member who worked with people with Autism and noticed a connection. She actually scoffed at me and said "my son has Aspergers/ASD, you don't have it!". She didn't investigate this possibility any further. Well, a year and half later I was formally diagnosed with ASD. I was left very disappointed and angry with my experience with this psychologist and I do not recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr. Willa Litvack has helped me through difficulties in my life that seemed impossible. She is so personable and professional, compassionate and practical. I feel I've learned and grown and healed so much from my sessions with her when dealing with my neglect as a child and even though couples counseling with my spouse. I've recommended five people to her that each had different types of challenges and saw her for brief or extended periods - all who have come out healed on the other side! I'm going to continue to see Willa for career counseling!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2014

I was a client with Dr. Litvack for 2 years , I went once a week and did very intense work with Dr Litvack , she is caring,kind, respectful, non-judgemental and allowed me to work at my pace. Her knowledge and expertise is amazing.Her level of professionalism was greatly appreciated. I am a female survivor of childhood abuse - physical,sexual and verbal. I suffered PTSD , DEPRESSION ,ADDICTION,ANXIETY - you name it. I am on my way to recovery and I thank Dr Litvack for her guidance and support. Today I walk that road and I could not have done with Dr. LItvack's help. I personally highly recommend Dr. Litvack.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2013