Ratings for Dr. Maria S. Maccallum Blahey

I have been using Dr Blahey for a few years. Now you have to pay $1600.00 yearly just to see her. She takes her time with you but her staff never calls back. My diabetes was never really monitored. Now I have to find a new doctor because of the 1600.00 yearly fee.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Her staff is the absoulute WORST there is! Incompetent for the last 15 years I've been going to her! I like Dr. Blahey but she really needs to find some competent people to run her office...and especially her BILLING! I am constantly having to get things corrected with my insurance co. because they put wrong diagnosis codes and then also love to charge separately for labwork that was included with a routine physical. I think this is to get MORE money! My insurance will cover costs if it was BILLED CORRECTLY! HORRIBLE! It's time for me to find another doctor...just due to the office staff! And I'm not the first one to complain of this either.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

Completely misdiagnosed for years with this Doctor. Went elsewhere and new Dr. found the diagnoses on the second visit.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2011

Wrong diagnosis and treatment. Her attitude is very bad. She is not a qualified doctor. Never again an

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

Long waits for appts., waiting rooms, IF you get called on labs, it will be a long time coming. Heck, you can't even get through on their phones; It's a nightmare! Dr. seems knowledgable but she seems really hurried. Horrible communication all around.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2007

My wait time was a minimum of two hours. She always seemed overwhelmed and extremely stressed by the time she saw me. Books way too many patients. Abnormal lab results were not reported to me. I became aware of them at my request for a copy. She is no longer my doctor.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2007

Dr Blahey may have a problem with being on time but she is worth the wait. She is very knowledgible and never leaves the room until all my questions are answered. She is not quick to send you to unnecessary outside referrals and I have always been satisified with her service. She has been my doctor for the last 9 years.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2007

You have a long wait way beyond your appt.time. She has to many patents. And her office staff is incompetent. They lose paper work. If they give her a message, she will NEVER call you back. We stoped going to her.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2007

Very personable and knowledgeable in all phases of life, but she seems too stressed for time and follow through on referrals is poor. Also it's difficult to get medication refills or results of tests in a timely manner. I don't know if she has any more problems than most Dr.s in this respect though, so I will continue to go to her for her expertise and empathy.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2006

Doctor prescribed medications that in combination with my current medication could have killed me (lethal) according to the side interactions of that medicine. It targeted my small intestine. I had to be taken to the Emergency Room at Methodist Hospital in Houston.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2006

Dr. Maria S. Maccallum Blahey's Credentials

• Univ Of Alberta, Fac Of Med, Edmonton, Alb, Canada (Grad. 1978)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Beaumont, TX