Ratings for Dr. Danette Dawkin

Dr Dawkin was assigned as our md after our dr moved back to South Africa. My son saw walk in dr at the clinic who diagnosed a lung infection when he was 2 (previously had pneumonia at 3 weeks old) and he was treated for a week. after a day, his symptoms returned and I took him back to the walkin clinic and we saw dr. dawkin. she told me he just needs to get better. I left. 2 days later, back to walk in and she was the walkin dr again. again , she told me he just needs to get better. by this time I knew he was just getting worse. ended up in ER two days later and he was diagnosed with pneumonia and pleurisy and i have never seen such pain. I thought my child was dying. I do not recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Dawkin for a few years now and she has been great for me. Understanding, sensitive, and helpful.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

She is my mother in laws doctor and is wonderful with her. Never rushed, effective communicator, patient, persistent, respectful, honest. Waking to listen to our thoughts and ideas. Doesn't let my MIL fall through the cracks. If Dr. D doesn't know something for sure, she will say so and talk with another Dr, and will get back to us. Super doctor with compassion and wonderful bedside manner.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

Dr. Dawkin has been extremely helpful. She is the 1st Dr I have ever shared every thing with. I was referred to the right Specialists including mental health. I wouldn't be alive if it were not for her. If she did not know she would find out. She has called to check in on me. I am so lucky to have her.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Dr Dawkin is always courteous and helpful; never had a problem with getting answers from her and if she can't would find someone who could. She sent me to a Specialist in Edmonton because she was worried about my health. Very glad she is in Fort St John. Thanks.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr. Dawkin has always been prompt and courteous when helping us. We have been to many doctors and specialists in caring for our daughter, both in FSJ and at Children's Hospital in Vancouver. Dr Dawkin has shown tremendous empathy and always seems to have the care of our daughter at the forefront of her thoughts. This is amazing considering how many patients she must see.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Terrible dr. Totally fitting for fort St. John's horrid healthcare system

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Dr dawkin is the most rude, inconsiderate doctor I have ever had the displeasure of seeing. She refused a referral for a child with hearing difficulties because she could not see the ear drum. She offered no explanation or resolution, she was discourteous and abrasive. I would recommend her for palliative care ONLY if you're definitely going to die. She went out of her way to be obstructive and has zero compassion, in the visit she took the time to explain her own son got quick care and ear tubes but my child could go without, since seeing dr dawkin several months ago I flew him to Vancouver and begged a paediatrician to see him. The pediatician put him on an urgent list for t tubes and communicated the child would be speaking had a referral been made.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

Dr Dawkin is very friendly and knowledgeable. She keeps her appointment times and makes sure everything is covered before you leave.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013

Dr. Dawkin is a very punctual, empathetic doctor. I have been very pleased with her treatment for my condition. She has even phoned me to check up on my condition. She is a rare gem in our northern community. I would strongly recommend her.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012