Ratings for Dr. Johann Strumpher

I found Dr. Strümpher to be very knowledgable and even more honest and caring. Unlike some others here I realize that not every procedure is going to be perfect and do not just label a professional who has studied for years as "inept". Some people obviously know very little other than their own petty grievances. If you want someone to be honest with you then he is your man.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

Dr. Johann Strumpher was very helpful. I know there isn't a very favorable (below) rating for him but to be honest, he is the only Dr. I could trust with a needle. As said in another rating, he is very honest. More honest and helpful than any other doctors I have encountered. Most doctors are very difficult and almost seem uncaring, but he really has a heart for his line of work.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2013

Dr. Strumpher was knowledgeable and very polite when I was in the hospital last year. I found him to be much more straightforward and honest than many other Doctors Ive been around.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2013

I went in for a surgery and was supposed to have a spinal epidural. Dr. Strumpher poked around my back for over half an hour, after I had already told him I have a bad back. He kept making contact with nerves around my spinal cord, which was causing considerable pain and making my back have spasms. After multiple tries and numerous pokes on my spine for what seemed like an eternity, he finally gave up (thank God!) and put me to sleep instead. Dr. Strumpher seemed inept at getting the needle into the spine. He blamed the problem on my spine. I had a spinal epidural couple of years ago and the anesthesiologist got the needle in right away. So, don't think the problem is with me! Result: ironically, my back was a lot more sore than my operated leg for days after the surgery, not to mention a week of headache, which I understand could be due to puncturing the spine incorrectly. Although Dr. Strumpher is a friendly person, I would not trust him with a needle in his hand.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2012