Ratings for Dr. Robert A. Young

This doctor does a quick 2 minute exam. You are out of there in less than 5 minutes. I've literally chased him into the hallway to ask a question. He doesn't listen to you. Had a UTI at the time of a stool test. Stool test came back positive. Found out you are not supposed to do a stool test with UTI. Asked for repeat test, he flat out refused and wanted to send me to a specialist. All he is interested in is recording all your ailments into his little recorder, some of which you never even had, and when I questioned him about it and said I "never had that" he told me not to worry about it and kept recording.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2012

I've been to this office several times, and I'm assuming my experience is typical. The office staff is very nice, but even if you have the first appt. of the day expect to wait. I've never gotten out in less than an hour, and some appts. I've waited a lot longer than that. Don't expect a great deal of privacy. Your weight will be announced, and you will hear whatever is being said in the adjacent exam rooms while you wait for the doctor. When he finally arrives he will take your blood pressure and listen to heart/lungs. That's pretty much it. The entire appt. will take less than 5 minutes unless you are quick and ask questions or request more of an exam. Listen to what he says into that little recorder because that stuff goes on your medical records, and it isn't always accurate. I've had him say I take meds I don't anymore, or that I have not had tests I've had, etc.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2009

This is by far the worst doctor I have ever encountered in my life. He is arrogant, dismissive of my prior medical history, disparaged medical specialists that I depend on and blamed me for a skin condition that was caused by Bactrim. He was quick to want to give me meds for one of my major conditions without looking at the total picture. I have anaphalactic reactions to most prescription meds.,but he didn't want to discuss that. He threw my records back at me. By looking at me, not testing me, he decided that I have sleep apnea. He didn't "waterboard" me, but he did torture me when he took my blood pressure. Most of the time (about 10 min.) that the visit lasted I thought he was speaking in tongues, until I realized he would turn away and record high speed gibberish into a small tape recorder.The office was dirty & I felt that I had stepped into an episode of the "Twilight Zone" crossed with Seinfeld's "Soup Nazi". Central casting might love him, I don't and will never return!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2009

I''ve been going to Dr. Young for 10 years, and feel very comfortable with him managing my medical needs.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

Only saw him once but was very impressed.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2006

Dr. Robert A. Young's Credentials

• Univ Complutense De Madrid, Fac De Med, Madrid, Spain (Grad. 1975)

Delta Dental