Ratings for Dr. O. Joshua Udolu

I saw Dr. Udolu in Calgary a few times before I just stopped going due to his ignorance and poor care. He put me on a medication that made me physically ill (vomiting a lot) and the dose was significantly higher than the maintenance dose. When I told him, he accused me of being an addict and just increased the dose more. feel like he didn't actually listen to anything I said, and was quick to label me as an addict or alcoholic (I barely drink, I had two drinks the Week prior to meeting him and he labeled me this). I ended up abandoning the program because of him. In turn, my family doctor has helped me a lot and I have sorted out some of my difficulties. This man should not practice medicine, and should not be involved with mental health. Very unprofessional, ignorant, and judgemental.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I have seen Dr. Udolu for the past couple of months in Calgary. He barely listens to my needs and is quick to dismiss anything that I have to say. He seems fixed on just getting me pills. If one doesn't work, he goes onto the next without any questioning or regard to my concerns. He can act very unprofessional when questioned as he seems to take some questions personally. I would recommend to stay away from him at all costs.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

As others have said this doctor is not really concerned about the underlying issues of your condition. He is just interested in giving you more pills and increasing your dosage. I dont think he knows what he is doing. Too bad he got assigned in Calgary.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2016

I've been going for outpatient treatment at the hospital for about 30 years, so I've seen a lot of Psychiatrists and social workers. but this guy by far is the worst one I've ever had. Far from compassionate, difficult to understand and arrogant. it was like I was an inconvenience for him that I was there. This guy picked the wrong profession in life. I'm thankful he's leaving. the unfortunate thing is that some place else will get him. He's going west.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2013

This man should NOT practice any sort of mental health issues. He's not concerned about you, just quick to write a prescription and get you out of there. Fill you up on meds, not get to the underlying problem.....just mask it all with pills is his goal. He's very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

I find Dr. Udolu to be friendly but only interested in giving meds. Does not want to talk about your mental health issues. Very quick to get you in and out as fast as possible.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2013