Ratings for Dr. Jacques L. Moritz

Moritz is incredibly lazy. Doesn't read patient charts, doesn't perform basic tests unless asked. Makes you wait over an hour every time and gives you 5 minutes- half of which is repetitious- why are you here again, for the 15th time oh yes you are pregnant. With a girl? Boy? how old are you? where do you live?- um, a one minute glance at the chart will tell you all that. When asked about the baby he refused to perform basic diagnostics. I mean, what?!?! Sorry you were actually asked to do work. He also doesn't tell you until after delivery that he doesn't perform circumcisions, then claims there's a sign in his office. So instead of communicating directly, since he doesn't actually spend real time with you during your appt, we're supposed to spend the hour long wait scrutinizing his office. At least six other patients have said he claimed the same and nurses at the hospital say they hear about this alleged poster all the time. Moritz is a joke. The only good thing about him is that if you have done your research and know what you want, he won't pressure you otherwise. He'll just cash in the insurance money.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

There are not enough words to say how wonderful he is, brilliant, calming, and available..He really shows concern about the patient, and family.He is like a best friend.Very special human being.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Dr Moritz was a huge disappointment and made the already stressful event of having a baby much worse. He canceled many of my regularly scheduled appointments and left it up to me to chase down his administrative assistant to reschedule. For one of my rescheduled appointments, I had to wait over two hours causing me to miss an important meeting. I voiced my frustration to Dr. Moritz at the time and considered getting another doctor but at this point I was a few weeks away from a scheduled c-section. On the day of my c-section he called me a “nasty woman” to me and to my husband. This obviously filled me with anxiety ahead of him cutting my stomach open. Following the procedure, he also told me mother I was a “nasty woman”. His behavior is totally unprofessional and I would recommend staying far away from him

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

1:30-2 hour waits are the norm, and the doctor is very rushed during the appointment. Staff has an attitude and won't even answer how long the wait is.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr. Moritz and the whole team are just amazing! I've been going to Dr. Moritz for nearly 6 years and they are all the best! I just recently (3 weeks ago) had an abdominal myomectomy and the entire process was handled extremely well by the whole team. For the last few years, Dr. Moritz helped me determine how long to wait to have the surgery and when it was time to go ahead and finally make the call. Dr. Mortiz, Delsa (Nurse) and Rosa (Assistant) were all really great throughout the whole process. The entire team is and has always been really responsive. I've never been to a doctor that provides me with their email address! I am able to email Dr. Moritz and Rosa whenever I have a question or need any information and they always get back to me in a very timely manner! It's nice to have not only the peace of mind, but also the direct access when having any issues or just in need of some information. My mother actually met Dr. Mortiz during the process of my myomectomy and she also fell in love with him. She agrees that he's got great bedside manner and is just an amazing physician! If you are in the NYC area, I would absolutely and with no doubt recommend Dr. Moritz as your OBGYN.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Dr. Moritz has been my OB for one year and I will continue to stay under his care. From the beginning, Dr. Moritz was very caring, funny, and amicable to us as he spent much time answering all the questions I had for him throughout my journey in pregnancy with my first child. During my pregnancy, Dr. Moritz was always available to answer questions and was always validating and supportive as I navigated my first experience. I have never had a doctor in NY make me feel important, cared for, and who was also highly knowledgeable in his work and I have never trusted a doctor as I trust Dr. Moritz and his staff. Dr. Moritz really was there for me, and is an exemplar doctor who can balance business and care. I am looking forward to having a second child in the next few years and continuing to be under his guidance through my journey. He and his staff are absolutely amazing and I have always felt supported. Dr. Moritz really puts his all into his work with clients, and truly a one of a kind doctor.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Dr Moritz was like a dream come true!!!!! I had been assigned overseas on a temporary work duty and having difficulty with my regular GYN dealing with my fibroids. I decided that I needed to take action on my own and started online research when I found Dr Moritz. I scheduled an appt which was over a month out, but well worth the wait. From the time he walked into the exam room I was at ease and laughing. He asked why I came to see him and listened as I gave my drawn out story. From there he gave me my options and told me to weigh each one and then let him know when I was ready. It took me 9 months to get up my nerve, but when I called he was right there and ready to pick up where I had left off. This was my first surgery and no research can prepare you for that "day". Once again he put me at ease and made me laugh away my fears. I could not have asked for a better surgeon or surgery. Four weeks later and I am doing so well and my bikini cut incision is impressive, especially considering how big my fibroids were. Thank you Dr Moritz, Rosa and staff!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Dr. Moritz is fantastic. He has a warm personality, explains things, is gentle and goes above and beyond for his patients. Unfortunately, I lost my health insurance and have to go to a clinic right now. A couple of weeks ago, I needed a procedure which was performed by the clinic. I emailed him with questions and he was kind enough to call me, even though I am not technically his patient right now. I had the procedure performed by the clinic, had complications from it and ended up needing emergency surgery that day. I emailed him again and told him about the procedure and the emergency surgery and how frightened I was. He emailed me back and told me to come in to see him free of charge- because of the lack of insurance. I won’t get into specifics, but he helped me and put my mind at ease. I have faith in him and will forever be grateful to him for seeing me. He is an extremely competent doctor who has a genuine concern for his patients.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

Dr Moritz is a Rock Star OBGYN, he is very knowledgeable and his diagnosis is always perfect. During my pregancy, I had a kidney infection and his excellent methods made it easier to heal and have a helthy baby at the end. Even at time of delivery, His good mood and great insights helped a lot going through the frustrating wait of the last weeks. On the top of that he speaks French which is for the NYC Frenchies like me very important. I highly recommend Dr Moritz, He is a great professional, I felt in perfect safety during all my pregancy thanks to him.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2013

Dr. Moritz is an excellent doctor.This is my 3rd pregnancy with him. He is hilarious, intelligent and always on top of new tech & med. I often wonder if he takes time to eat lunch!With my 1st preg, I had no clue how things worked because I was the 1st of my friends in NYC to have a child & he led me through everything beautifully. He also understood my phobias & worked hard to let me have as much of my natural birth plan as possible, but also, with kindness, told me when we had to change a few things to make everything as safe as possible.My 2nd pregnancy was a miscarriage & he not only had amazing bedside manner, but respected my religious beliefs.He did a great job with the operation. I am highly critical of the medical world, but Moritz deserves high acclamation.The reviews of him being a better doc to celebrities are laughable! I feel that he always pays attn to me & always has great info& quips. In fact, he & his staff always respond to calls/emails quickly.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

Dr. Jacques L. Moritz's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)