Ratings for Dr. Richard Torrey

Dr. Torrey treats my husband. He takes plenty of time, reviews the patient's history before the appointment, respects vegetarians (!), friendly yet professional manner.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

I have allergies to medical preservatives. Dr Torrey indicated he's only interested in treating routine cases, and said I should probably find another doctor, that my case would be more trouble than it was worth. He helped me with a refill on my prescription until I can find a new primary doctor, and an order for a preservative free flu shot. Nice guy, just not interested in anything out of the ordinary.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2010

Dr Torry is always on time and always takes time to listen to all my issues. All of my questions are answered and I feel I am in good hands under his care,

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009

Very professional and I would highly recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2009

Best Doctor I've used in NC. Listens and works through problems/symptoms with you. In every visit to date he has provided choices for treatment and explained pros and cons of each then works with you to handle your problem.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Never had a doc before that I genuinely see as a healthcare partner for life. Came to him in desperation after indifferent (at best) care from my previous physician - Dr. T's diagnosis was dead on and he has been a tremendous help to me. Also strongly agree with other comments about him and his terrific staff. Can't recommend his practice highly enough.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2007

I followed Dr. Torrey from Raleigh to Durham a number of years ago, because he is such an excellent doc. He knows my husband and me so well, that when one of us goes in to see him, he wishes the other one well. He is EXTREMELY knowledgeable and really takes the time to listen. He spends as much time as your issue takes and always wants to follow up. Since he is so busy and popular, when I have an acute ailment, such as a sinus or bronchial infection, I see another PA on staff. But, even so, he has popped his head in to say hi when he knew I was in the office. I really appreciate the personal touch of having that kind of rapport with my doctor. Guess that's why I drive 40 miles out of my way to go there.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2007

An excellent physician... one of the rare finds. Dr. Torrey will take the time to listen to you and will answer your questions fully. Because he is so well-respected, he is often booked up and there are some occasional wait times but most of his patients don't seem to mind because he such a great doctor. He also has an outstanding staff.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2006

Dr. Richard Torrey's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1980)