Ratings for Dr. Peter Demizio

Extremely rude staff especially receptionist who is doctors mother

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

My experience was good until he charged me for procedures he never asked me if I agree with and I never asked for them. So just another doctor who wants to get payed for something that was not discussed with patient, eventually was not done. Nice and polite until you want to preserve your rights and money.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2015

Excellent doctor and staff. Saw him in Bethesda he was curteous , and ethical Graduate of NYU dental school. I had a crown done and it is perfect . I am so glad there are some honest professional in our area .

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

I just visited the Bethesda office and had a very positive experience with Dr. DeMizio and his staff. I'm covered under a group dental plan and there are a limited number of dentists in the Bethesda area taking new patients. So, there was a wait for the first appointment and I was worried about how I would be treated as a new insurance patient. However, the staff was friendly and greeted me personally when I came in. The dental assistant Sarah was very friendly and professional and made me feel welcome. She took time to ask questions and even gave me some helpful suggestions on products to help me floss better (one of my problem areas). The x-rays, exam and cleaning were done professionally and Dr. DeMizio even took care of a sharp edge on a composite filling that I had chipped with a fork - at no additional charge. I was in and out within one hour and I'm very pleased to have a new dentist. I will recommend Dr. DeMizio's office to family and friends.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Charged me $120.00 when it should have been no cost due to my Dental coverage. Refused to reimburse me and I had to get the BBB involved.

Submitted March 19, 2014

I saw Dr.DeMizio yesterday 1/9/2014. When I entered the office I was treated very nicely. I was brought back for my procedure and Dr.DeMizio was wonderful, he explained everything to me as he went along and was very kind. After my procedure I paid the amount that was owed and left. This morning I contacted my dental insurance Aetna DMO to see what my benefits covered and was told by the representative that the procedure should have been done at no cost to me. While I was on hold she talked to the Dentist's office and was told that I had a complicated procedure and had only paid my percentage which was fine. However the receptionist,Mrs.DeMizio, told her that I was no longer welcome in the practice because I had contacted Aetna about my benefits and to find another dentist! Very unprofessional and I told Aetna to please drop them from their list. The representative said I should not have to deal with such unprofessionalism and she was sorry about this incident. Stay away from this office

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014

I went to see Dr. Demizio for an implant. The mother told me that she can get me a loan for 20,000 . They took the money upfront, and the interest was excessive. I wasn't getting any invoices from them. I felt i was pushed and I didn't trust them by taking the 20,000 upfront and I will be paying the interest for the whole amount for a work to be done in 6 or 7 months.When I cancelled, the didn't want to credit the loan. I will hire a lawyer to get me my 20,000. back. They give you quickly an appointment because they don't have patients.

Submitted October 9, 2013