Ratings for Dr. Peter S. DeMizio

Nice doctor -staff was great . Short wait to be seen. Very knowledgeable doctor

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

Excellent doctor and staff. Saw him in Bethesda he was curteous , and ethical Graduate of NYU dental school. I had a crown done and it is perfect . I am so glad there are some honest professional in our area .

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

I just visited the Bethesda office and had a very positive experience with Dr. DeMizio and his staff. I'm covered under a group dental plan and there are a limited number of dentists in the Bethesda area taking new patients. So, there was a wait for the first appointment and I was worried about how I would be treated as a new insurance patient. However, the staff was friendly and greeted me personally when I came in. The dental assistant Sarah was very friendly and professional and made me feel welcome. She took time to ask questions and even gave me some helpful suggestions on products to help me floss better (one of my problem areas). The x-rays, exam and cleaning were done professionally and Dr. DeMizio even took care of a sharp edge on a composite filling that I had chipped with a fork - at no additional charge. I was in and out within one hour and I'm very pleased to have a new dentist. I will recommend Dr. DeMizio's office to family and friends.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Charged me $120.00 when it should have been no cost due to my Dental coverage. Refused to reimburse me and I had to get the BBB involved.

Submitted March 19, 2014

I saw Dr.DeMizio yesterday 1/9/2014. When I entered the office I was treated very nicely. I was brought back for my procedure and Dr.DeMizio was wonderful, he explained everything to me as he went along and was very kind. After my procedure I paid the amount that was owed and left. This morning I contacted my dental insurance Aetna DMO to see what my benefits covered and was told by the representative that the procedure should have been done at no cost to me. While I was on hold she talked to the Dentist's office and was told that I had a complicated procedure and had only paid my percentage which was fine. However the receptionist,Mrs.DeMizio, told her that I was no longer welcome in the practice because I had contacted Aetna about my benefits and to find another dentist! Very unprofessional and I told Aetna to please drop them from their list. The representative said I should not have to deal with such unprofessionalism and she was sorry about this incident. Stay away from this office

flag | Submitted January 10, 2014