Ratings for Dr. Tariq A Sheikh

I have gone to Dr Sheikh for years and really liked him in the beginning. More recently he is very short with me/rushed and I don't feel that he takes the time to hear what I am saying. Also tends to minimize concerns.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Wish I knew where I could sign the petition for his removal. Very condescending and rude. Ignores test results and comes up with baseless "instant diagnoses". Ignores symptoms completely, as in "It's not that bad, or we won't worry about that right now." Thank God I was able to switch to a competent pcp before he killed me.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

one of the most straight forward doctors you will meet- professional and punctual

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

Seen Dr. Sheikh three times and all three times he was good. Very knowledgeable and friendly. Thoroughly explains condition and options. I think the people that don't like him are hypochondriacs and people looking for a fix. I highly recommend Dr. Sheikh to all that want a no nonsense straightforward doctor that doesn't sugar coat anything.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2014

Oh my gosh seeing these comments...how ironic. I have been in his office twice. But once was lucky enough to see a different lady. The one experience with him was just bad!!! I was even so confused afterwards and had to share with people how I told him what was wrong and he made ME feel like the uneducated one..he made a terrible remark at me being a 19 year old mother...and just left me feeling like I was the idiot. Wow..unfortunate he treats more then just me that way.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

This guy is completely useless& a waste of my time. I have exhibited symptoms of medical conditions which he has completely ignored. Actually had a fracture at one point that he did not treat& said "im not worried about it". This guy should lose his license.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

I have to agree with all written. I have been a patient of the Lakeshore Family Practice for over 10 years. Dr Sheikh is the one doctor that I will insure never to see again. He is condescending and treats you as if you have no clue. Any symptom you report he dismisses as you are getting older, forget the fact that you have diagnosed conditions that explain some of the issues. I do not recommend him to anyone with out a "cookie cutter" diagnosis, as he will not take the time to help you get to the bottom of your illness.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

Disagreed with me about side effect problems I experienced with certain prescribed medications. At my last visit spoke rudely to me and stomped out of the room because the medication he prescribed wasn't working???? Never told me the results of tests he ordered, xrays or lab work. I would have to call the office to get them from the staff. Needless to say I have changed doctors

flag | Submitted November 18, 2008

I love Dr. Sheikh. Thanks to him I am now healthy and enjoying life.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2008

Dr. Tariq A Sheikh's Credentials

• State University Of New York At Buffalo School Of Medicine (Grad. 2004)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal