Ratings for Dr. Samson G. Vimalananda

I've been seeing Dr. v for 3 yrs. I go in, make small talk for a few minutes, he gives me my scripts, and I leave. I began seeing him because I was diagnosed as bipolar by another psych. who accepted no insurance. during my last session, dr. v advised that he had several medical students in the room. he began asking me questions like...why am I taking Seroquel...he thought I was using the drug for sleep issues. frightening to say the least! it became clear during this appt. that dr. v had no idea why I was seeing him...what meds I was taking and the dosages. I didn't really want to embarrass him in front of these students, but in hindsight ....i never had confidence in this doctor, and my perception was spot on!! stay away unless all u need is a prescription.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2013

Dr. V went on a month's vacation with no coverage. I admit I accidentally missed my last appointment with him which happened to be his last day before his vacation. I called his office the day of the missed appointment and received a return phone call the following day. I only had a weeks worth of my medications left so I asked who was covering his patients while he was on vacation. I was I was told that Dr. V had no one covering his patients. I was told to contact my primary care doctor which I did. When my primary care doctor's staff called Dr. V's staff they were told that I missed my last appointment and that they didn't think it was necessary to have my prescriptions filled. Thus, my primary care doctor would not write me a bridge precription until Dr. V returned. Please note that the prescriptions I was taking were Nortriptyline 75mg and Clonazepam .5mg 3x/day. Dr. V's staff made the decision that stopping these meds cold turkey would be fine and not an emergency.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. V for 15 years in several different practice settings. He stays up to date on current medications and has answered all brain chemistry questions I have posed. He does not do psycho-analysis, but has helped me clear psychological issues in our brief sessions. He has a sense of humor and is very attentive to psychiatric verbal clues. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2010

The guy's a quack. He was cited by the State of Maryland for falsifying necessary continuing ed credits. Samson G. Vimalananda, M.D., License #: D20273 Area of Practice: Psychiatry (Towson, MD) Fine of $2,700. The physician failed to provide documentation of 50 credit hours of Category I CME and signed the certification regarding CME requirements on his 2007 renewal. Date of Action: July 14, 2009 http://www.mbp.state.md.us/forms/jul09sanctions.pdf

flag | Submitted October 30, 2009

Very intelligent, with a sense of humor. He does have a busy schedule but I did not note any breach of confidentiality (mentioned by the previous poster). He's efficient, and he knows his psychiatry and medicine; that is what is most important to me in a psychiatrist. It works really well for me.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2009

Nice man made incompetent by the med check factory Psyc Associates. Never had a chart out, always asked me what he prescribed for me and then wrote it on a spreadsheet that listed his day's appointments, in my full view, with all the full names of every patient he would see. Told me about the substance abuse problems of a guy I was talking to in the waiting room. Didn't respond to a message left on the "will respond within 24 hours" line. Was in the ER due to med side effects, reported this to his office, and next time I saw him he had no idea. Could be a great doctor in a different setting, but totally overwhelmed by his 35-med checks a day schedule.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2009