Ratings for Dr. Mark J. Gros

I think Dr. Gross is probably a fine gynecologist for the average patient, but he is not knowledgeable when it comes to Endometriosis or Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. He performed a Laparoscopy on me and when I came back a few months later, with the same level of pain and more symptoms he said that was all he could do. Fast forward a few months later after I had another Laparoscopy at the Endometriosis Institute in Chicago, my doctor said "this guy didn't do ANYTHING when he was in there." I ended up finding the Institute after Dr. Gross refused to give me pain meds aside from Ibuprofen to treat my symptoms, even though I had been rushed to the hospital over five times and even given morphine at one point because my abdomen was contracted so much (they gave me four pregnancy tests and did an external and internal sonogram because they had never seen "period cramps" be so intense). Dr. Gross cannot help the more than 10% of women that suffer from PCOS and Endometriosis because he's not educated enough and doesn't believe that these diseases can "really" disrupt your life the way that they undeniably can and do. I even went back to him after my last surgery to ask why he didn't make the right diagnoses and he shrugged his shoulders and said at least I got the help I needed eventually. Good thing I advocated for myself and sought real medical help-I'm not sure I would be here today if I hadn't.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

I have been going to the Women's Health Group for over 23 years, before it was called that even. Dr. Wigglesworth and Dr. Fischer were there at the time, sure there were a couple others too, but I never had the pleasure of meeting with them. Dr. Fischer was my doctor until he retired, and then I started seeing Dr. Gros. Dr. Gros is a mild mannered young man who is very sincere and patient. He asks me questions and actually WANTS to hear my answers - waits for them, and when I have had questions about over the counter medications, he listened, asked a few questions, and then went and did some research on the specific product (I was trying a weight loss product - and he informed me that most of the ingredients were pure caffeine and then he suggested some better options. I have never felt rushed or uncomfortable with Dr. Gros or any of the staff. I have 4 wonderful boys, the first I had at the Military hospital, talk about RUDE! anyway...my 3 ob 'sessions' with WHG has been wonderful, Dr. Gros has also performed a tubal ligation for me and later a hysterectomy. With both surgeries, Dr. Gros was very informative, telling me what I could expect and what to look for, and the follow up care was excellent. Dr. Gros' bedside manner is kind, gentle, and very compassionate - whether you are 16 or 96! I highly recommend the Women's Health Group!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Delivered my daughter after my OB took off. My dauhter was a little earliy. He was very comforting. Good bed side manner. Great personality. Did a wonderfull job.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2014

Dr. Gros was my OB/GYN for two of my three children, (one of which he delivered) and I had a very positive experience with him. He is very knowledgeable and has a wonderful manner.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2012

needed 2nd opinion. very explanatory. very personable and not rushed.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2009

Very knowledgable, very nice to talk to. Doesn't chit chat too much, a good doctor overall.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2008

Dr. Mark J. Gros's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Manhattan, KS