Ratings for Dr. Larry W. Huffman

Went to see Dr Huffman, for my annual check up. This was my 1st visit with him as my old DR moved away. His Asst, changed my Blood Pressure Meds, and I became unable to walk to the point almost paralyzed, I asked if this could be a side effect of the meds and he said NO, keep taking them you have a bad cold. I ended up in the emergency room twice this week. And only when I quite taking the newly prescribed meds did I get better. The ER doctor said yes thei was a known side effect. I went in to see DR Huffman to discuss this and he sent his secretary back with the words "for $85 I could make an appointment and he would talk about it".

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

Dr Huffman's staff was very courteous.however,he did not listen to what I was in there for. I was there for stomach ulcers and severe neck pain causing numbness in face and arms.he pulled out a prescription pad and wrote me zoloft,an anti depressant. I am in no form or fashion depressed. I took my first dose which caused me to stay up all night sweating,vomiting, and my heart racing. I will not take it anymore,nor will I be back to his clinic

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012

I wouldn't recommend him. One time I sat in the examination room waiting for him to come in for over an hour. If you choose this doctor, you may be waiting for extended periods of time. On one occasion, his staff lost track of the fact that I had an appointment, and when I showed up, they told me that they have nothing on their schedule for the appointment they gave me on the phone. He is knowledgeable in the practice though, although not always as helpful as he could be. I am currently searching for a new GP/clinic.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2012

Dr. Larry W. Huffman's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1976)

AARP