Ratings for Dr. Adam MacLennan

This doctor is wonderful. He tells it like it is and works hard to keep me on track. He has a tremendous knowledge of my particular medical issues and gives me either information or tells me where I can find it. If you are looking for a doctor that will just give you pills and a smile don’t see him. If you want a doctor that will work with you to manage your medical issues then he is the doctor you need. Thank goodness he took me on his list as I have improved over the last two years. My other doctor just pushed pills and tests.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

This doctor is not my physician. However, I have observed him with people who I work and interact with in our community. If you choose to see this doctor, I hope you have a very high self-esteem and don't take things personally.....at all. I have found him to be sexist, rude, flippant, completely dismissive.... and sadly he seems to be oblivious to all of these things. I am not writing this review for his benefit, as I don't believe that he cares. I am writing this for anyone who questions their own sense of worth after meeting with him...especially the young people. Please don't take his approach personally....it seems to be what you can expect from him. My suggestion, don't stop looking for a doctor who will actually take the time to understand your concerns. There are many, many of them out there. For the record, I am a mid-40's male and have much experience and respect with regards to the medical profession.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

This doctor is so incredibly rude and has zero bedside manner. I’ve been seeing him for 2 1/2 years with fainting/dizzy spells and possible seizures and he chalks it up to “sometimes young women have fluctuating blood pressure” and every time I go back he insinuates I’m making everything up. Should definitely be removed from him practice as I have not heard one good thing about him. He also told me if I was going to go to a walk in clinic or hospital that he might as well just not have me as a patient because he loses money. Seriously?!? So much for caring about the people.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

This doctor has no clue what he’s doing, never available, but if you go to a walk in clinic or hospital (cause you need to see a doctor ) he de-registers you as he apparently loses money?!! When you do get into see him he sits down starts typing and asks you what brings you in... then he shrubs it off doesn’t each investigate your complaints of pain...tells you it’s related to something from before. When you insist on seeing a specialist or getting tests done he makes comment that those tests cost money and not necessary (and just need to learn to live with the pain) and then insists that you need to be working out and exercising As if that is the solution, especially when I’m still physically active which the pain is actually impacting my activities due to the amount of pain. By the time his done with you (in the 5 minutes he allows) your in tears and wished you’d never wasted your time to see him.... totally in excusable behaviour for a doctor.... very sad that a doctor like this who’s ratings alone and comments should be calling for an inquiry as to his patient/doctor relationships as he is not providing patients with the best possible health care or treatment when he’s actually causing them further health issues ...re: stress/humiliation/non compassion And he wonders why nobody wants to see him....

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

These comments are all TRUE. Dr. MacLennan doesn't deserve to be in practice. He is arrogant, rude, unapproachable, uncaring, and never available. Have been told many times by his staff to just go to emergency if you can't get into see him or go to the "evening clinic" which is equally as terrible and difficult to get into. Scolded on a few occasions for going to a "walk-in-clinic" because he was unavailable and "evening clinic" was booked.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

You are taking your life in your hands if you see this G.P. I have seen him act like a 2 yr. old during an appointment!! He's one of those doctors that thinks he's a God - far, far from it. The ratings below tell you the truth about the "quack". Run, and don't stop, if you're referred to this doctor!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

I have nothing nice to say about this man. His office is run like a corporation and he himself lacks any type of bedside manner. He is arrogant and accusatory. I think he fails to understand that people go to him to be treated for their pain and discomfort and that he is not to add to it by not listening to their needs. So many times I have left his office, not only with even more questions than I entered, but without any means of pain relief. (I do get appointments for things that have no bearing on my symptoms though) This is bad enough when it is physical pain. Yesterday I was in emotional distress and I was dismissed with a 30 second Dr. Phil Pop-Psychology lecture clearly filled with a profound lack of understanding for the problems I was dealing with. I was given nothing to deal with my anxiety, no note that would be required to take an extended sick leave from work, just a lecture and an escalated blood pressure and more anxiety. An absolutely pathetic doctor. As I see from other comments here I can at least take solace in knowing that I am not alone in my feelings.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

I called to schedule a routine pap test and asked if a female doctor or nurse practitioner was available for it (this is a very common request) and they told me one would be. I arrived on time prepared to my appointment and was told Dr. Maclennan would actually be doing my test, which I was uncomfortable with. I explained to them I had requested a female to perform the test, not out of disrespect to the doctor, I'm sure he would have been capable I was just uncomfortable with it. He told me to leave when I asked for a referral to another female doctor or nurse who could preform the test and I still haven't be able to find help since without a referral. The secretaries are helpful, but I could not give Dr. Maclennan anything more than 1 star. Physicians should be listening to patients and trying to help them, not blocking their access to healthcare because they feel offended,

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Dr. Maclennan should be reported for negligence and we have multiple other physicians and a head of medical science from Mcmaster University who have told us this. Failing to schedule more diagnostic tests after two positive blood tests, and CT imaging scan showing stage four ovarian cancer which had spread into my mothers lymph nodes from a year prior. We even have records and the diagnostic technician's comment on file from last year recommending further testing and biopsies. Dr. MacLennan however told my mother there was absolutely nothing wrong she was just starting menopause and sent her home while the cancer was able to progress until she had to seek emergency care where it was found by another physician.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

I USED to have this doctor and he was a terrible. I have many health problems and everytime I tried to talk to him he had his hand on the doorknob and was already walking out??? we finally argued and after I had been a patient there for almost 30 years, he tried to have me kicked out of the practice. he does not belong as a doctor. I am blessed to have another doctor there who is caring, kind, and truly is dedicated to looking after his patients. I ended up with cancer, and if I had stayed with dr. MacLennan I know I would probably be dead. he never followed up on anything. the staff I feel get a bad rap. they are extremely busy....I find them basically kind just very preoccupied. ive heard people yelling at them for appointments, etc...they are only doing their best. overall I wish dr MacLennan would just realise he is there to LOOK after peoples very lives....its not a joke.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017