Ratings for Dr. Adam MacLennan

These comments are all TRUE. Dr. MacLennan doesn't deserve to be in practice. He is arrogant, rude, unapproachable, uncaring, and never available. Have been told many times by his staff to just go to emergency if you can't get into see him or go to the "evening clinic" which is equally as terrible and difficult to get into. Scolded on a few occasions for going to a "walk-in-clinic" because he was unavailable and "evening clinic" was booked.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

You are taking your life in your hands if you see this G.P. I have seen him act like a 2 yr. old during an appointment!! He's one of those doctors that thinks he's a God - far, far from it. The ratings below tell you the truth about the "quack". Run, and don't stop, if you're referred to this doctor!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

I have nothing nice to say about this man. His office is run like a corporation and he himself lacks any type of bedside manner. He is arrogant and accusatory. I think he fails to understand that people go to him to be treated for their pain and discomfort and that he is not to add to it by not listening to their needs. So many times I have left his office, not only with even more questions than I entered, but without any means of pain relief. (I do get appointments for things that have no bearing on my symptoms though) This is bad enough when it is physical pain. Yesterday I was in emotional distress and I was dismissed with a 30 second Dr. Phil Pop-Psychology lecture clearly filled with a profound lack of understanding for the problems I was dealing with. I was given nothing to deal with my anxiety, no note that would be required to take an extended sick leave from work, just a lecture and an escalated blood pressure and more anxiety. An absolutely pathetic doctor. As I see from other comments here I can at least take solace in knowing that I am not alone in my feelings.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

I called to schedule a routine pap test and asked if a female doctor or nurse practitioner was available for it (this is a very common request) and they told me one would be. I arrived on time prepared to my appointment and was told Dr. Maclennan would actually be doing my test, which I was uncomfortable with. I explained to them I had requested a female to perform the test, not out of disrespect to the doctor, I'm sure he would have been capable I was just uncomfortable with it. He told me to leave when I asked for a referral to another female doctor or nurse who could preform the test and I still haven't be able to find help since without a referral. The secretaries are helpful, but I could not give Dr. Maclennan anything more than 1 star. Physicians should be listening to patients and trying to help them, not blocking their access to healthcare because they feel offended,

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Dr. Maclennan should be reported for negligence and we have multiple other physicians and a head of medical science from Mcmaster University who have told us this. Failing to schedule more diagnostic tests after two positive blood tests, and CT imaging scan showing stage four ovarian cancer which had spread into my mothers lymph nodes from a year prior. We even have records and the diagnostic technician's comment on file from last year recommending further testing and biopsies. Dr. MacLennan however told my mother there was absolutely nothing wrong she was just starting menopause and sent her home while the cancer was able to progress until she had to seek emergency care where it was found by another physician.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

I USED to have this doctor and he was a terrible. I have many health problems and everytime I tried to talk to him he had his hand on the doorknob and was already walking out??? we finally argued and after I had been a patient there for almost 30 years, he tried to have me kicked out of the practice. he does not belong as a doctor. I am blessed to have another doctor there who is caring, kind, and truly is dedicated to looking after his patients. I ended up with cancer, and if I had stayed with dr. MacLennan I know I would probably be dead. he never followed up on anything. the staff I feel get a bad rap. they are extremely busy....I find them basically kind just very preoccupied. ive heard people yelling at them for appointments, etc...they are only doing their best. overall I wish dr MacLennan would just realise he is there to LOOK after peoples very lives....its not a joke.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Dr.MacLennan is one of the worst drs I have ever had. I would rather have no Dr then have him as a Dr.... or go to a walk in clinic! He is judgemental, arrogant, cold and a downright snob. Every time I've gone to see him he has sent me away with no resolution. Once I even took a UTI test that came out positive and he told me to call back if it bothers me?! Huh really? I ended up seeing my old Dr from Toronto who helped me immediately. I went in a few days ago because I've been suffering from headaches for about 4 weeks (almost every day) I told him Tylenol and motrin aren't working. His advice was to "take more" ... what med school teaches you that!? Anyways he literally walked out of the office while I was talking... I guess my time was up. VERY UNPLEASANT person, HORRIBLE doctor. And I use the term Doctor lightly!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

terrible dr refused my daughter a requisition to a pediatrician for her daughter skin problem which he hasn't been able to cure for a yr will only let u tell him one thing when if u have different symptoms they could be linked to the same underlying problem very poor patient dr relations he doesn't care about his patients only his paycheck this man should not be a dr at all we have even gone to the extreme as writing to the dr association about him and his actions sad thing is u have to keep him or don't have a dr one or the other cause if u call to see about switching or getting a new one they say no we cant give u a list of dr taking new patients one other thing is he will tell u if u go to a clinic he will drop u as a patient cause he gets penalized when u do that (lol) what a joke !!!!! not really this is a serious matter and he really needs to shape up or ship out

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

This doctor is not one to be relied on to look out for patient health. His idea of a physical is to take blood pressure and check breasts. He is my mother's doctor and he gave the supposed physical. She has gone to another doctor for most of her life until he retired. She got unlucky with this man. He refused to send her for any bloodwork. She is concerned about her cholesterol and he told her that if there is a problem she will have a heart attack and they will check things then. It is a wonder that people like this are even allowed to attend med school.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

I can't believe some of these reviews. We moved to Gravenhurst two years ago and count ourselves fortunate that we were able to get Dr. MacLennan as our GP. I have NEVER had a problem getting to see him. With some suspected problem, a simple urine test taken to the office is seen by the nurse practitioner and if needed, and anibiotic is prescribed then and there. When I had a bad chest infection and told him I used to take a puffer when I had bronchitis, he immediately referred me for a pulmonary function test to rule out COPD. I find he is a bit shy until you get to know him, and then has a marvellous sense of humour. Actually, he reminds us of our previous GP of 40 years..attention to detail, care and concern, but delivered without bells and whistles but with clarity. We are VERY pleased with his care. His staff have always been pleasant and efficient.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015