Ratings for Dr. Neena Nellori

I came to Dr. Nellori due to job issues and unresolved anger from bullying. I selected her because of her positive reviews. However, after my initial visit, I was and still am very upset with her approach. In regards to my job issues she stated I needed to set realistic goals. I wasn't sure how this applied to me considering I was more than qualified for past and present jobs given my credentials. As I told her personal info about my life it became evident, after a couple questions she asked, that she did not listen to me and/or missed what I said. This however is what got me most upset. I told her about how I play sports with younger people and also go out to college clubs and, since I am a good dancer, they will make circles around me and cheer me on. She asked me what I think of that and then said I was lowering myself. Here is why this upset me. I have been bullied for a majority of my life, including at my first job out of school. The bullies were either my age or older. On the contrary, my associations with younger people make me feel respected and appreciated, which has been a refreshing escape from the bad experiences I've had to endure, and at no point did I ever feel 'lowered' by them. I do not have a problem with constructive criticism or with her addressing behavior that is questionable or that may not be in the long run beneficial. However, I found her question and the way it was phrased to be shallow, judgmental, and dismissive of my bad experiences and how they affected me. My understanding of therapy was to get to the heart of the clients issues so that they can be addressed more effectively. I do not feel she did that and I feel her approach only added salt to my wounds.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I have recommended Dr. Nellori to everyone I know with a problem. She helped me though one of the hardest times in my life and at my last session I literally cried thinking of how grateful I was to her. She has amazing perspective and will give you concrete suggestions and advice, rather than fluff.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Dr Nellori was very nice and professional. She provided a warm environment and fresh perspective to the issues I was facing.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

Dr. Nellori is brilliant, insightful, compassionate and challenged me to be a better person and a great therapist all around.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2013

Dr. Nellori is great! She has been extremely helpful and patient.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Neena has been a huge help with my anxiety. She is very direct and helps to remedy the problem immediately. The sessions are predominantly self-directed, but it is constructive and she readily equips you with a variety of methods in order to help stop negative thought processes. Within a few sessions I began to feel a change and started to feel better prepared for dealing with my anxiety, which is something that I could not achieve as quickly with other therapists.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

Dr. Nellori has made such an incredible difference in my life. She is an exceptional listener and is very understanding. Her knowledge and expertise has helped me work through some incredibly difficult experiences in my life. She has provided many excellent strategies that I can use everyday and they have helped immensely. I would highly recommend Dr. Nellori to anyone who is looking for a licensed psychologist who truly cares about your health and well-being.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

Dr. Nellori has helped me more than any other psychologist I have seen in the past 18 years

flag | Submitted September 4, 2012

Dr. Nellori is easily the best psychologist I have ever had, and I have had several. My impression is that she is technically highly competent. She also has a great deal of "common sense" (perhaps even "uncommon insight"). She expresses genuine concern for her patients and the people in their lives. She has a gift for issuing memorable, impactful phrases during sessions at precisely the right times. They make it easy to remember lessons learned. If there is a better psychologist in the Pittsburgh area, I have yet to meet them.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2012

Challenges me to think in new ways, and provides logical and balanced feedback. She pushes me which is good.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2012