You may also like

Rate Dr. Neena Nellori

Dr. Neena Nellori's Ratings

I sought Dr. Nellori due to a number of issues that included consistent job struggles possibly due to adhd, past experiences with being bullied, and sexual anxiety. I selected her due to her positive reviews. However, there were a number of issues I had with my initial session. In regards to my job struggles, she stated that I needed to set realistic goals. However, given my academic background and experience, I was more than qualified for the roles for which I applied and thus did not feel my goals were unrealistic. Given consistent listening and focus issues throughout my life, she was certain I had adhd. While I had no issue with the diagnosis, I was a little concerned when she suggested medication without first recommending a non-drug regimented approach. Shortly after I told her about my sexual anxiety and how I was unable to have intercourse, she asked me if I had any kids. Unless she was implying adopted kids, I was surprised by the question given what I had just told her. However, this is what got me most upset. Upon my telling her how I associate with teens and young adults playing sports and then hanging out, or how I go to college dance clubs and get attention from my dancing skills she asked me “What do you think of that?” and then said that I was lowering myself. While I can appreciate the point she may have been trying to make I feel her question came off as judgmental. Given how badly I have been bullied, most especially from people in my age group, it’s not unreasonable to assume I would adopt a fix or two to quell the bad experiences not to mention develop an apprehension towards people my age. In addition, I could also have a younger spirit and have more things in common with the younger generation. While I do not take issue with addressing objectionable behavior I would have preferred if she did more to address my past first so she could better understand my perspective and then address the behavior from a more well-informed point of view. Merely asking me what I think of it is hardly effective. Does she expect me to say omg wow I really am degrading myself. I better just stop what I’m doing and change my ways. Again while her question may have been well-intended, I was not very well moved by it, especially since my involvement with younger people playing sports and lighting up dance clubs have been extremely positive sources in my life.

I can’t judge the effectiveness of her therapy from one session and I do give her credit for suggesting job training and a psychiatric evaluation for adhd. Overall, however, I did not feel comfortable and don’t feel the session went well for me. While her intentions may have been good, I left more upset than I was before and continued to be upset hence my writing this review. In any case I’ve realized that, when it comes to therapy, reviews are not as important as finding a therapist whose methods will be more effective on you and with whom you will feel more comfortable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2909749].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2015

I have recommended Dr. Nellori to everyone I know with a problem. She helped me though one of the hardest times in my life and at my last session I literally cried thinking of how grateful I was to her. She has amazing perspective and will give you concrete suggestions and advice, rather than fluff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2590620].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2014

Dr Nellori was very nice and professional. She provided a warm environment and fresh perspective to the issues I was facing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][49022].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2014

Dr. Nellori is brilliant, insightful, compassionate and challenged me to be a better person and a great therapist all around.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][49021].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2013

Dr. Nellori is great! She has been extremely helpful and patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][49020].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Neena has been a huge help with my anxiety. She is very direct and helps to remedy the problem immediately. The sessions are predominantly self-directed, but it is constructive and she readily equips you with a variety of methods in order to help stop negative thought processes. Within a few sessions I began to feel a change and started to feel better prepared for dealing with my anxiety, which is something that I could not achieve as quickly with other therapists.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][49019].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

Dr. Nellori has made such an incredible difference in my life. She is an exceptional listener and is very understanding. Her knowledge and expertise has helped me work through some incredibly difficult experiences in my life. She has provided many excellent strategies that I can use everyday and they have helped immensely. I would highly recommend Dr. Nellori to anyone who is looking for a licensed psychologist who truly cares about your health and well-being.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][49018].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2012

Dr. Nellori has helped me more than any other psychologist I have seen in the past 18 years

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][49017].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 4, 2012

Dr. Nellori is easily the best psychologist I have ever had, and I have had several. My impression is that she is technically highly competent. She also has a great deal of "common sense" (perhaps even "uncommon insight"). She expresses genuine concern for her patients and the people in their lives. She has a gift for issuing memorable, impactful phrases during sessions at precisely the right times. They make it easy to remember lessons learned. If there is a better psychologist in the Pittsburgh area, I have yet to meet them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][49016].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2012

Challenges me to think in new ways, and provides logical and balanced feedback. She pushes me which is good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][49015].votes_count ]]