Ratings for Dr. John Odai

Dr Odai did 3 root canals during 2 visits. He took the time to explain the procedure during the initial consultation. Dr. Odai was excellent, his staff were friendly and efficient and the whole ordeal was as pleasant as one could expect. I highly recommend him and his team.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Dr. Odai's office scheduled my root canal on his lunch break. I had been in a lot of pain, was nervous and afraid. He reassured me that I would be fine and that he and his team would take very good care of me. Well did they ever, Dr. Odai has a nice kind and genuine way about him. His office followed up with me a few days after to see how I was doing. They are fantastic and I would recommend anyone to their office.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

Excellent treatment and Dr. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

I had a appointment scheduled with Dr Odai for a root canal fix up. It was going to take 2 appointments due to medication requirements, which is no issue. The procedure went really well, I was pleased with Dr Odai and the work he did. The staff assisting him were wonderful, they even provide blankets for in the winter because the windows are so close to the chair. My one issue was with the processing of payment. The office staff who rung me up selected, unknown to me, that my insurance company credit them for the work done, instead of reimbursing me for the payments I made. This caused quite the kurfuffle for me and the follow up with Capital Endodontics was incredibly unprofessional from my perspective.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

I am very pleased with Dr Odai and Capital Endodontics. The facilities are modern, high tech and spotless. The staff are friendly and helpful. I was always seen in good time unless there were unforeseeable circumstances. Dr Odai made me feel confident in the choice of treatment. It is also a big bonus that IV sedation is offered for those who need it. The necessity of my treatments was shown to me on x-ray and explained to me in clear terms. I did not feel rushed or pressured. Dr King performed my IV sedation for my procedure and was clear and reassuring about what was happening. I recovered quickly and with very little discomfort even though I was under for a long time. During the procedure itself I experienced absolutely no pain or anxiety whatsoever. I will be returning for a second treatment and would not hesitate to recommend Dr Odai and Capital Endodontic to anyone requiring root canal or more complicated endodontic treatment.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

I was seen yesterday by Dr Odai and his team and cannot say enough about how well I was treated. His beside manner is excellent and very calming . I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

Had an appt with Dr Odai for root canal treatment and needed to cancel (5 hour notice) and reschedule due to an emergency at home; they wanted a $450 cancellation fee and if I refused to pay it, I would not be allowed to reschedule. This would have been my first visit; this kind of fine might be reasonable for patients that always cancel, but this was not the case. Since I was coming in from out of town, it was impossible for me to make it and that fee was insane. They offered to reduce it to $250, but I turned it down again and chose to book with a different specialist. I highly recommend going to a different specialist; their policies aren't humane at all. I could understand a $45 fee, but $450 is highly unreasonable and in my opinion, very unethical.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

I was very nervous about having this root canal. Dr. Odai & staff made me feel very relaxed. I was very happy that he waited until freezing took affect. No pain at all. Would recommend this dentist to anyone who needed a root canal.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2013

I walked into Dr. Odai's office on the day of the root canal, nervous and afraid. He reassured me that I would be fine and that he would take very good care of me. Very nice words but they were not helping me to relax. Because I am known to swoon (trying to make it sound cute) at the site of blood, or even anything descriptive involving procedures, he made sure that I saw nothing and he spoke very low when addressing his dental assistant. With my audio-book on LOUD, and my eyes closed we began, and, it was a breeze. Yip, it was a breeze. He was so incredibly reassuring and comforting as the procedure that I finally relaxed and before I knew it everything was done. Aside from a little pinch from the freezing, which he had told me about before doing it, the procedure was painless. I CANNOT say enough good things about this Doctor. He has more bedside manner than I have seen in a long time and the ability to make you relax. What a gift. If you every read this Dr. Odai thanks a million.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2013

Friendly and efficient staff. Dr Odai put me at ease. Best part, was that I could actually see what he was doing. That explained a lot of the noise that I never liked. The root canal demands a steady hand, and he has it. His work is precise and his expertise was great. Would definitely go back if I need to.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2013