Ratings for Dr. Sean Wachtel

I saw Dr. Wachtel on two occasions in the Nelson Hospital - once in 2012, and once in 2013. Both times, I found him to be very knowledgeable, thorough, and professional. He was also very compassionate and well-mannered. On one occasion, I couldn't help but overhear him dealing with another patient who was insisting on being given narcotics. I was impressed with his ability to not be intimidated by the other patient's verbal abuse, and to not let that situation interfere with how I was treated. I would gladly go to this doctor again.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

We saw Dr wachtel in Emergency for a review of surgery done elsewhere and found him both knowledgeable and supportive .

flag | Submitted February 8, 2014

I went to KLDH in December 2013 where Dr Wachtel was the on-call doctor. Dr Wachtel has NO CONCERN FOR PATIENT PRIVACY OR CONFIDENTIALITY. My problem was frequent urination. While in the open area of the ER with other staff/ patients in the same area & before being examined he repeatedly insinuated that I had an STD. I provided a urine sample, was taken to a closed examination room where Dr Wachtel did a prostate exam. He appeared very uncomfortable about having to do the exam & was extremely physically forceful during the exam. We returned to the open area where I was asked again if I had ever had an STD, given antibiotics & told if my condition did not improve over the next week I would be treated for an STD. I was not told that my urine sample was insufficient for a diagnosis or that I had to follow-up for further tests. I'm a 50+ year old man who has been married for 25 years I felt humiliated & degraded by the experience. All this for a fungal infection.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

I saw Dr. Wachtel on April 7th, 2013, in the emergency ward at the Nelson Hospital. He, along with all of the nurses were kind, caring and very efficient. I had injured my hand severely and Dr. Wachtel was very confident, compassionate and personable. He was very kind to all of my family members as well. I had no complaints about the whole experience - it was by far the best experience I or my family have had in any emergency ward in this country. Dr. Wachtel put 10 stitches in one of my fingers and I was sent to Trail for a consult and then operation. My family and I are very grateful to Dr. Wachtel and all of the staff at the Nelson Hospital.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

I saw Dr. Wachtel in the ER and then again for an office appointment (he was filling in for my doctor). Despite the severity of my symptoms and my pleas for help, he refused to make a necessary referral. As a result, I spent many weeks suffering unnecessarily. I found Dr. Wachtel to have very poor bedside manner and zero compassion or care for my medical concerns. He also came across as extremely arrogant and not particularly knowledgeable. This was the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor and would urge anyone that has the misfortune of getting stuck in the ER on Dr. Wachtel's watch to immediately follow-up with another doctor.

Submitted July 17, 2012