Ratings for Dr. Louis Fourie Smith

Excellent. Dr Smith sees the entire family. When I suffered a hip injury got me into a specialist and made sure he saw me every month to monitor the pain. Enjoy his sense of humor and he listens to all my concerns. My adult children have complete confidence in him as do I.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Smith since he came to the clinic. I find him to be very helpful, caring, understanding and thorough. In the days of technology, he needs to read the reports on the computer and he needs to type notes otherwise he does not have a record of your visit, I do not find that to be rude at all, it is part of what he has to do. I have never found him to be dismissive and he does not rush me out the door. Overall rating for Dr. Smith 10/10, staff rating would be 8/10.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

Saw him for a walk-in. I was really surprised at this lack of bedside manners given he's the director of the clinic. Quite abrupt and rude, seemed to not believe what I was saying. He spent more time typing than speaking. I've been to this clinic in the past for quick walk-ins and have always had positive experiences, but unfortunately my visit with my makes me not want to return in the future.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

Interested in getting people health, honest and candid.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

AMAZING! I've been seeing Dr. Smith for years upon years and find him to be the best doctor I've had. He makes appointments light-hearted while still being very knowledgable and professional. 10/10. When it comes to treatment plans, I feel 100% assured that I am in great hands.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Smith ever since he first came to the clinic and now he is the Director of the clinic. Initially he was very uprupt as I came in as a walk-in patient; however we have built up a very great doctor-patient relationship. I know that I can go to him with questions or concerns and he is not going to rush me through my appointment. He is not one to over-medicate or treat using medicine; very open to alternative therapies and options. He has built up the clinic and it now has an in-house psychiatrist which is a much needed benefit in that end of the city. I recommend this clinic to all my friends and although Dr. Smith doesn't generally take on new patients, I recommend him if they can get in.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Very rude! Don't know how he became a director of this clinic. Most young doctor are better than him. Not only attitude was bad, knowledge is very short too.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

I am very thankful that I am lucky enough to be a patient of Dr. Smiths. He is an excellent doctor!!

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Most of the time unaware as to why I was there, even though he told me to see him at that date. Too busy typing on his computor, not listening to me, seldom responding to questions. Good at saying, "Just listen to Dr. Smith"."Want to see you in three weeks". Followup, followup, followup, their favourite saying.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2013

Rude, dismissive, unprepared (does not even have the right charts ready - although that is his staff's fault) rushes through appointments. Disappointing.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2013