You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Louis Fourie Smith

Saw him for a walk-in. I was really surprised at this lack of bedside manners given he's the director of the clinic. Quite abrupt and rude, seemed to not believe what I was saying. He spent more time typing than speaking. I've been to this clinic in the past for quick walk-ins and have always had positive experiences, but unfortunately my visit with my makes me not want to return in the future.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

Interested in getting people health, honest and candid.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

AMAZING! I've been seeing Dr. Smith for years upon years and find him to be the best doctor I've had. He makes appointments light-hearted while still being very knowledgable and professional. 10/10. When it comes to treatment plans, I feel 100% assured that I am in great hands.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Smith ever since he first came to the clinic and now he is the Director of the clinic. Initially he was very uprupt as I came in as a walk-in patient; however we have built up a very great doctor-patient relationship. I know that I can go to him with questions or concerns and he is not going to rush me through my appointment. He is not one to over-medicate or treat using medicine; very open to alternative therapies and options. He has built up the clinic and it now has an in-house psychiatrist which is a much needed benefit in that end of the city. I recommend this clinic to all my friends and although Dr. Smith doesn't generally take on new patients, I recommend him if they can get in.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

flag | Submitted September 9, 2014

Most of the time unaware as to why I was there, even though he told me to see him at that date. Too busy typing on his computor, not listening to me, seldom responding to questions. Good at saying, "Just listen to Dr. Smith"."Want to see you in three weeks". Followup, followup, followup, their favourite saying.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2013

Rude, dismissive, unprepared (does not even have the right charts ready - although that is his staff's fault) rushes through appointments. Disappointing.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Smith for 6 or 7 years now. I find that he is not thorough with my concerns. He is too busy entering stuff in his computer rather than explaining to me what he is entering and what are his findings. When I ask what do you think is wrong or should do, he asks me to wait until he is finished typing and then just tells me to make a follow up appointment with the girls up front. I want a family doctor that will explain to me what he/she thinks is the problem and talk to me rather than type into a computer. Also, when I do go see him, he somehow brushes off my problem and makes me feel like I am looking for a medical issue. I feel belittled.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

This guy has some issues. Very rude and inpatient, talk down at you. Don't bother going to him if you want any help, he clearly doesn't know the concept of a walk-in clinic.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2012

Dr. Louis Fourie Smith's Credentials

MB Health

Updates

• A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Saw him for a walk-in. I was really surprised at this lack of bedside manners given he's the director of the clinic. Quite abrupt and rude, seemed to not beli..."

April 17, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Interested in getting people health, honest and candid. "

October 14, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "AMAZING! I've been seeing Dr. Smith for years upon years and find him to be the best doctor I've had. He makes appointments light-hearted while still being very..."

July 28, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Smith ever since he first came to the clinic and now he is the Director of the clinic. Initially he was very uprupt as I came in a..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Very rude! Don't know how he became a director of this clinic. Most young doctor are better than him. Not only attitude was bad, knowledge is very short too."

October 11, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am very thankful that I am lucky enough to be a patient of Dr. Smiths. He is an excellent doctor!!"

September 9, 2014