Ratings for Dr. Michael Fung Kee Fung

His bed side manner, knowledge, and positive outlook made my wife's surgery far easier to deal with.....and successful!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

Dr. Fung Kee Fung is a wonderful Doctor and I was lucky to have him do my hysterectomy using robotic surgery. He made me feel at ease the first time I met him at my appointment and the moment I saw him before surgery I felt calm knowing I was in good hands. His team in the operating room all greeted me personally before the procedure which really helped me relax. The excellent nursing staff at the Ottawa General Hospital took great care of me before and after the surgery and I had very little pain and my recovery is going very well with minimal discomfort. I am thankful that Dr. Fung Kee Fung is my Doctor.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

Everyone seems to say he's one of the most knowledgeable doctors and maybe he is... but personally, I had a very bad experience. First he was an hour late for my scheduled appointment. Then, after I had seen the nurse, undressed and been put on the table, ready for my surgery he finally came in to start. He explained the details but then received a phone call and said "I'll be right back". He left me for 45 minutes (fully nude, on the table... rather cold). When he finally got back to start the surgery he said about 15 words to me in total. At the end of my surgery he left without saying anything. The nurse turned to me and said "sorry, his mind is on something else". Very poor bedside manner all around - not to mention being two hours behind schedule. I would not recommend.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014

Dr. Fung Keep Fungus is amazing. He's very professional, knowledgeable, and helpful. He took time to answer all my questions & both he and his staff made feel very comfortable. What really struck me was his great bedside manner; a lot of doctors can learn from Dr. FKF, because despite his exceptional background he's not egotistical. I had to dock him on punctuality because I waited 2 hours past my appointment time with him to see him. I get its not his fault & the wait is worth it, but you can expect punctuality to not be great.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2013

very good,has very good bedside maner.takes time to answer questions and listen to patient

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

Excellent communication skills which is imperative for an oncologist. Very professional, knowledgable and compassionate. High recommended.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2012