Ratings for Dr. David Konkin

After considerable research I chose Dr. Konkin to perform my laparoscopic hernia repair and I'm glad I did. I have had to take very few pain meds and I am quite pleased with the way the whole procedure went at Eagle Ridge Hospital. Recommended!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Really pleased with the care and consideration provided by Dr. Konkin. He removed my gallbladder in the morning and I was able to eat a great dinner that night. He listened to all my concerns in advance of surgery since the last doc blew my surgery and nearly killed me. This guy did it right. Dr. Konkin was my angel!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

My experience with seeing Dr. Konkin was feeling like I was rushed. He didn't even want to take the time to diagnose the problems I had come to see him about. It was such a waste of time dealing with him.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

Great Experiences with Dr. Konkin and his Team. He's a the "New Breed of Specialists". He possesses a great skill set. Greets you warmly, Phones your Family after Surgery and reports your condition and prognosis. He has repaired me 3 times! (Yes 3). I've never had pain after any of the procedures not even the last time he had to open me up "Old School". He's popular, and our BC MSP doesn't allow him much O.R. time but Dr. Konkin and staff are worth the wait.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Absolutely the best surgeon! Saved my husband and was so great talking to the family also. He is a great surgeon with outstanding bedside manner!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Had my inguinal hernia repaired on a Friday, went back to work on the next Monday. That's how well the surgery went.I would highly recommend Dr.Konkin for hernia repairs. The staff at Eagle Ridge Hospital were fantastic. They made every effort to make sure i feel comfortable and to make me less nervous. The stitching was not bad either. Two of the wounds are so small that you wouldn't even notice they 're there. The stitching on my belly button is definitely more noticeable, but I am fine with it.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

I had a bi-lateral inguinal hernia repair done by Dr. Konkin via laparoscopy back in late April. The Dr. and the staff at Eagle Ridge Hospital were both excellent and it went without a hitch. Based on my experience, I'd recommend Dr. Konkin to anyone who needs hernia surgery.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

This was definitely not my first surgery and not my first laparoscopy. I think that I should have gone with my gut instinct and listened to the ratings. I did however get reassurance from my doctor and a nurse at the hospital. Abyway...No idea how it is inside, but it's true that his stitching needs to be a little "cleaner". I expected to hear more about my surgery since he had the opportunity to check around. I didn't hear anything new that I didn't hear at my consultation. He didn't even bring in a chart to my follow up. It was all "yes, it could be..." " it should be..." I just felt like I was in a procession line.. "Next"! We are not all the same and I inderstand that some doctors do not come to see you after surgery on the day of, but if I am taking the time out of my day and am finally looking forward to find out WHY this happened and if other tissues looked healthy around the area and wanted to know other information that when I googled it up I SHOULD HAVE BEEN TOLD THIS INFORMATION... Just to be told " it happens, it's genetics...it could be...." What could really be helpful is and I would have respected you more as a "top surgeon would be: Treat each person as an individual Please take your time on your sutures... Especially on a woman. It has made me very self conscious and depressed. Treat your follow ups with respect. In that I mean, come in with the chart, have some information. Anything! Not just generic answers that can be addressed to ANYONE.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2016

Amazing staff, amazing surgeon. Very caring and knowledgable. I had my gallbladder removed and the surgery was so easy. I would recommend Dr Konkin to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

I have had four hernia surgeries in the same abdominal area and now it looks like I am going to need a fifth.Konkin(he doesn't deserve to be called doctor)has performed the last two.After the last oneI look like something out of a horror movie.The other dr.s left a small incision the other left anchor point scars he left a big ugly scar surrounded by exccess skin and a big ugly bulge which is a hernia he should have fixed.Its as if he just pushed it up out of the way and closed the other one.He told me that is an issue for me and this surgery was going to be much more extensive and I was going to be there overnight..I wasn't.Out of there the same day.I have tried getting in touch with him But every time I call his office it goes to voicemail his secretary doesn't answer the phoneI am seriously thinking about taking legal action against this guy.He doesn't seem to care.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016