Ratings for Dr. David Konkin

I had a colonoscopy yesterday with Dr Konkin. He introduced himself and was very pleasant. It was however, the worst experience I've had to date! I had a colonoscopy 3 years ago and it was a breeze, they sedated you enough, you didn't see it, feel it or remember it. Yesterday I was sedated only enough to stop me from screaming out. I felt the excruciating pain of it all and the removal of polyps with the screen right in front of me. I can't imagine why he would give you so little sedation. I can only think that it is so they can make the process quicker in getting you out and the next one in. I was advised to have another in a year......definitely never again without more sedation!!!! My reccommendation would be to ask to be sedated enough you are OUT!!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

I have undergone two procedures with Dr Konkin: a colonoscopy, and an inguinal hernia repair under a local anesthetic. I found him on both occasions to be considerate and effective, keeping me well informed about what was to happen, and carrying out both procedures with minimal patient discomfort.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

I had my Gallbladder removed br. Dr. Konkin. I’d recommend this nice caring Dr. to anyone!! Surgery went smoothly and his follow up and aftercare were excellent.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2017

Had sirgery with Dr Konkin and he did an excellent job inder the circumstances. Its the staff I am having an issue with to book follow up appointments with him.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Brilliant laparoscopic inguinal hernia op. Zero pain from op, I took ZERO medication when I left Maple Ridge hospital daycare. Anesthetist wasn't great as I had a great pain in my tonsils for days. But Dr Konkin fantastic .

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

After considerable research I chose Dr. Konkin to perform my laparoscopic hernia repair and I'm glad I did. I have had to take very few pain meds and I am quite pleased with the way the whole procedure went at Eagle Ridge Hospital. Recommended!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Really pleased with the care and consideration provided by Dr. Konkin. He removed my gallbladder in the morning and I was able to eat a great dinner that night. He listened to all my concerns in advance of surgery since the last doc blew my surgery and nearly killed me. This guy did it right. Dr. Konkin was my angel!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

My experience with seeing Dr. Konkin was feeling like I was rushed. He didn't even want to take the time to diagnose the problems I had come to see him about. It was such a waste of time dealing with him.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

Great Experiences with Dr. Konkin and his Team. He's a the "New Breed of Specialists". He possesses a great skill set. Greets you warmly, Phones your Family after Surgery and reports your condition and prognosis. He has repaired me 3 times! (Yes 3). I've never had pain after any of the procedures not even the last time he had to open me up "Old School". He's popular, and our BC MSP doesn't allow him much O.R. time but Dr. Konkin and staff are worth the wait.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Absolutely the best surgeon! Saved my husband and was so great talking to the family also. He is a great surgeon with outstanding bedside manner!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016