You may also like

Ratings for Dr. David Konkin

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

I would assumed Dr.Konkin has done hundreds of surgeries, surely by now he should have the expertise in sewing incisions together. Most young women care about theirphysical appearance and the navel is cosmetically significant. It seems as though he didn't even make the effort. He performed appendectomy via laparoscopy on me two Summers ago and my navel is forever scarred and disfigured beyond repair. I say beyond repair because I have consulted a plastic surgeon in Vancouver, and he told me that it is non-repairable even through plastic surgery. I cried so much about this and this has affected my self-image and my body image tremendously. When I asked him about this he replied that he had saved my life. He had no compassion or even an understanding as to why a damaged and disfigured navel for live is grieving me and affecting my body image. I asked him if there's anything that can help with the railroad stitching and he had no clue. He recommended some oil (mentioned the brand name) but he said he wasn't so sure. Another previous reviewer here who had breast reduction surgery with him complained why one of his nipple was cut jaggedly and the scarfs are very uneven after the surgery. According to this reviewer, Dr. Kokin responded by saying, "I'm not the type of surgeon who's here to make things look good, I just specialize in taking things out." How disheartening to hear a comment like that after seeing your body ruined and scarred for life. I wish I was given a different surgeon. I would never recommend him to anyone unless that person doesn't mind having railroad stitches and horrible raised scars.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Diagnosed my hernia problem and did a beautiful surgery which changed my life. Excellent reception service and after-care when I had questions. Very pleasant manner as well. I did not have to wait too long on the waiting list for appt and then surgery. I had almost given up on doctors as none seemed to be able to diagnose this and no one believed me when I told them I was in pain. Thank you, Dr. Konkin!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

I have had two surgeries with Dr. Konkin , one was for a bowel and colon biopsy of which I got an infection that lasted for two months and a hernia. On Feb. 25 2013 he went in to repair the hernia without a drain tube and no place for the drainage to go I exploded at home six days of being at home and the doctor at Maple Ridge Hospital took out the staples and the wound opened up. Konkin said I guess we just have to let it heal, and it's still not healed and I've been waiting for eight months for surgery form another surgeon that keeps saying next month.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

Never saw hide nor hair of him when complications arose, although he may have initially consulted with the doctors who were treating me when I went back to hospital.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

Not helpful or available when serious complications arose.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

Dr. Konkin is one of the best surgeon I have ever seen. He is so experienced and knowledgable. I had a surgery on Feb 2014 with dr. Konkin and he did a great, clean job for me and I can say it was the best surgery I ever had. I really appreciate it.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

unsuccessful surgery for colon cancer resection. Lots of complication including clipping the pancreas during surgery and patient lost loss of blood. Patient died eventually in less than 4 months.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2013

I saw this man for gyno (male breast reduction) and he told me that he would make my nipples look like a normal guys nipples. He said if I had any problems to come back to him for a touch up. When I came back to see him (because my left nipple looked like it was cut jaggedly and the scare was very uneven and not even rounded and there was still lots of tissue left over) he told me "I'm not the type of surgeon who's here to make things look good, I just specialize in taking things out" Or something along those lines and that I should go look for a plastic surgeon. He wouldn't even refer me to a surgeon when I was asked and my GP send me to a woman across his own office who seemed very disappointed that Dr. Konkin did not direct me her way (it seems they must have some sort of referral program). Very disappointed with Dr. Konkin and his level of "professionalism".

flag | Submitted October 25, 2013

Dr. David Konkin's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Konkin saved my life. I will be forever grateful thank you so much. I will never forget this."

October 21, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I would assumed Dr.Konkin has done hundreds of surgeries, surely by now he should have the expertise in sewing incisions together. Most young women care about ..."

October 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Diagnosed my hernia problem and did a beautiful surgery which changed my life. Excellent reception service and after-care when I had questions. Very pleasant ma..."

August 28, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V3L0" to "V3L 5E7". Address has been updated from "None" to "250 Keary Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16045262440".

June 4, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have had two surgeries with Dr. Konkin , one was for a bowel and colon biopsy of which I got an infection that lasted for two months and a hernia. On Feb. 25 ..."

October 22, 2014