Ratings for Dr. David Konkin

I had a bi-lateral inguinal hernia repair done by Dr. Konkin via laparoscopy back in late April. The Dr. and the staff at Eagle Ridge Hospital were both excellent and it went without a hitch. Based on my experience, I'd recommend Dr. Konkin to anyone who needs hernia surgery.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

This was definitely not my first surgery and not my first laparoscopy. I think that I should have gone with my gut instinct and listened to the ratings. I did however get reassurance from my doctor and a nurse at the hospital. Abyway...No idea how it is inside, but it's true that his stitching needs to be a little "cleaner". I expected to hear more about my surgery since he had the opportunity to check around. I didn't hear anything new that I didn't hear at my consultation. He didn't even bring in a chart to my follow up. It was all "yes, it could be..." " it should be..." I just felt like I was in a procession line.. "Next"! We are not all the same and I inderstand that some doctors do not come to see you after surgery on the day of, but if I am taking the time out of my day and am finally looking forward to find out WHY this happened and if other tissues looked healthy around the area and wanted to know other information that when I googled it up I SHOULD HAVE BEEN TOLD THIS INFORMATION... Just to be told " it happens, it's genetics...it could be...." What could really be helpful is and I would have respected you more as a "top surgeon would be: Treat each person as an individual Please take your time on your sutures... Especially on a woman. It has made me very self conscious and depressed. Treat your follow ups with respect. In that I mean, come in with the chart, have some information. Anything! Not just generic answers that can be addressed to ANYONE.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2016

Amazing staff, amazing surgeon. Very caring and knowledgable. I had my gallbladder removed and the surgery was so easy. I would recommend Dr Konkin to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

I have had four hernia surgeries in the same abdominal area and now it looks like I am going to need a fifth.Konkin(he doesn't deserve to be called doctor)has performed the last two.After the last oneI look like something out of a horror movie.The other dr.s left a small incision the other left anchor point scars he left a big ugly scar surrounded by exccess skin and a big ugly bulge which is a hernia he should have fixed.Its as if he just pushed it up out of the way and closed the other one.He told me that is an issue for me and this surgery was going to be much more extensive and I was going to be there overnight..I wasn't.Out of there the same day.I have tried getting in touch with him But every time I call his office it goes to voicemail his secretary doesn't answer the phoneI am seriously thinking about taking legal action against this guy.He doesn't seem to care.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Good inguinal hernia repair. Pleasant and efficient.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

Dr. Konkin saved my life. I will be forever grateful thank you so much. I will never forget this.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

I would assumed Dr.Konkin has done hundreds of surgeries, surely by now he should have the expertise in sewing incisions together. Most young women care about theirphysical appearance and the navel is cosmetically significant. It seems as though he didn't even make the effort. He performed appendectomy via laparoscopy on me two Summers ago and my navel is forever scarred and disfigured beyond repair. I say beyond repair because I have consulted a plastic surgeon in Vancouver, and he told me that it is non-repairable even through plastic surgery. I cried so much about this and this has affected my self-image and my body image tremendously. When I asked him about this he replied that he had saved my life. He had no compassion or even an understanding as to why a damaged and disfigured navel for live is grieving me and affecting my body image. I asked him if there's anything that can help with the railroad stitching and he had no clue. He recommended some oil (mentioned the brand name) but he said he wasn't so sure. Another previous reviewer here who had breast reduction surgery with him complained why one of his nipple was cut jaggedly and the scarfs are very uneven after the surgery. According to this reviewer, Dr. Kokin responded by saying, "I'm not the type of surgeon who's here to make things look good, I just specialize in taking things out." How disheartening to hear a comment like that after seeing your body ruined and scarred for life. I wish I was given a different surgeon. I would never recommend him to anyone unless that person doesn't mind having railroad stitches and horrible raised scars.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Diagnosed my hernia problem and did a beautiful surgery which changed my life. Excellent reception service and after-care when I had questions. Very pleasant manner as well. I did not have to wait too long on the waiting list for appt and then surgery. I had almost given up on doctors as none seemed to be able to diagnose this and no one believed me when I told them I was in pain. Thank you, Dr. Konkin!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

I have had two surgeries with Dr. Konkin , one was for a bowel and colon biopsy of which I got an infection that lasted for two months and a hernia. On Feb. 25 2013 he went in to repair the hernia without a drain tube and no place for the drainage to go I exploded at home six days of being at home and the doctor at Maple Ridge Hospital took out the staples and the wound opened up. Konkin said I guess we just have to let it heal, and it's still not healed and I've been waiting for eight months for surgery form another surgeon that keeps saying next month.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

Never saw hide nor hair of him when complications arose, although he may have initially consulted with the doctors who were treating me when I went back to hospital.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014