Ratings for Dr. Ian Skinner

DO NOT USE THIS SURGEON. Check the AHPRA website to see restrictions. He should be banned.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

He is incompetent. Stuffed up my hip in 2010. Had to be redone.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

I was referred to Mr Skinner for removal of screws which I had been told could be done as an outpatient procedure. However, Mr Skinner wished for me to undergo a general anaesthetic for a procedure which was to take 20 minutes. I booked in but didn't feel comfortable. I got a second opinion and was advised it wasn't necessary to have the risk of a GA plus the associated cost of being admitted to hospital/theatre fees. I then heard from friends and family once I told them my story, of similar issues they experienced with Mr Skinner. Out of interest, I then checked Mr Skinner's registration with AHPRA and noted he currently has conditions regarding required retraining/supervision.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2016

He has always been helpful, giving good explanations and has a friendly attitude. He has helped me with different problems over the years, always with a positive outcome.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2015

I found Dr Skinner to be as well as an obvious absolute professional a really nice guy with no airs or graces. He spoke to me in layman terms so I could understand what was going on and I felt comfortable in his presence and safe under his care.My total right hip replacement........Its been not much over a year and I've almost forgotten about it...like I didn't even have one

flag | Submitted November 14, 2015

Dr.Ian Skinner - Can't go wrong with having such an excellent Surgeon performing the Total Knee Replacement.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

I first met Dr Skinner in 2005, he was able to help with my right knee and in 2006 I had a Right Knee replacement. In 2014 I had my left knee replaced after having a previous exploration and cleanup which was less than successful and would recommend dr skinners care, his after care is much appreciated. I received very good care from him and his team. The nursing care in 2014 at The Mount Hospital was exemplerary. The aftercare in regards of physio was very thorough and caring. I am 85 and appreciate the extra care taken towards me.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

I had an ACL recon and supposed meniscus repair with Mr Skinner. The ACL is ok but the rest of my knee was not finished. I have had to go to another surgeon to get all the loose bodies removed and meniscus trimmed. Will never use him again.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

Dr Skinner is very professional, as is his staff. The Physiotherapists were very experienced and I only needed 1 week of physio. Thank you Dr Skinner.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

Absolutely delighted with my TKR, Dr Skinner is such a perfectionist, the scar after a year is almost gone and the knee is fantastic. I could not be happier with the constant follow up by his dedicated staff and Physio. Great guy with a terrific sense of humour, which you sure need with this surgery, Top Job, Many Thanks

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015