Ratings for Dr. Melissa Musgrave

I truly wish I'd seen the reviews before trusting this surgeon. She offered only one option for reconstructing my breast after cancer, and was not very forthcoming about how the procedure would impact future treatment. She was brusque and rude to me, including immediately before surgery. And when it went rather wrong, she was flippant- implying she'd expected this bad result- that it was my fault.. Then why do it, wouldn't you think? She never once took responsibility for the mess on my chest, which now I'm stuck with forever. I wouldn't wish this experience on anyone.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Melinda Musgrave is not a talented surgeon. After breast reconstruction I was referred to another plastic surgeon to fix the terrible mess she made of my breast(my implant was almost on my collarbone). Having to go through another surgery was due to her lack of care and skill. Aside from the surgery she also treated me terribly after the surgery. She is crude, unprofessional with a god complex. Please go to another surgeon especially if you are having reconstruction after breast cancer. Save yourself the stress which will have an impact of your recovery and future possible reoccurrence. I really wish I had trusted my gut when her bullying behaviour was apparent when she spoke to another patient before my surgery, how she treated her surgical staff and how she treated me minutes before going under her knife. Lastly, upon my recovery she acted like a child when I was not happy With her conduct or lack of professionalism. She took no responsibility and continued to bully with assistance.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2014