You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Alim Devani

Wow seems you either love this guy or hate him. Add me to hate group. My experience was all to similar to the folks that spent under five minutes with the man and was pretty much unceremoniously shown the door. My own doctor now knows that she should probably not refer patiences to him and my problem continues to worsen but hopefully there is a dermatologist out there that will have some real answers for me. Get to start the long wait all over again. Oh yeah the front desk was also pretty involved in thier own little world as well but I guess who can blame them when the fellow they work for clearly is not too interested.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Excellent Service cured with one treatment which I had been to another Dermatologist with multiple visits and weeks of treatment with no results. Dr. Devani knows what he is doing and does it well.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Not even a glance to acknowledge my presence. Started cutting my face before freezing took . Yelled at nurse to give more freezing. Came back and proceeded to remove growth. Still not a word from him. Left me with a huge wound that is still causing considerable pain weeks later. Thankfully I have an appointment with another doctor who will hopefully fix my problem. Would never recommend this man to anyone. 1 star just for showing up.

Submitted January 21, 2016

Dr Devani is amazing.!! and so is his staff. I see lots of people commenting about how quick he is. I think it is wonderful. I had no wait time and I was and out. This was the fastest Dr appointment ever! I love the fact that he doesn't waste time. He gets right down to business and asks good questions and does the treatment needed. If I could give him 10 stars I would. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

Dr davani is amazing. I saw a different dermatologist previously who refused to remove some moles or put me on acutaine. He did both for me the first appointment. I missed 2 appointments in a row (very unlike me normaly) I felt terrible and showed up the day after. The staff are so friendly and talked to him and he still saw me. He is kind, knows what he is talking about and actually takes the time to listen to your needs. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I was seen by Dr. Devani for assessment and treatment of acne. One of the best medical experiences I have had thus far. His staff were very welcoming and attentive. Dr Devani himself provided a thorough consultation - he took the time to explain the different therapies and their side effects. I was impressed with his knowledge, and his efforts to make my visit relevant and beneficial. His clinic is quite punctual and provides the best dermatology service around Calgary. I trust his work and highly recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Amazing welcoming, very fast service . I have been in Calgary for more than 26 years and this is the first time I receive such a fast service! We should have more services such as Dr. Devani's. Honest!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

The Dr. looked uninterested barely took 2 min to review my condition, probably coz I lied that I don't have a medical insurance , they might have thought I would not be able to pay the bills so why waste time.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

Dr. Alim Devani's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

BSc (with distinction), MD, FRCPC (Dermatology), FAAD (Dermatology) ----- Dermatologist and Dermatologic Surgeon with special interest in skin cancer (melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer), psoriasis and clinical trials. ----- Dr. Alim Devani, MD, FRCPC, FAAD is a double board-certified dermatologist in both Canada and the USA and graduated from the University of Alberta Dermatology program in June 2012. Dr. Devani completed his medical school at the University of Alberta in 2007 and was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha [AOA] honor medical society during his graduating year for his academic accomplishments. He also completed his undergraduate degree with distinction from the University of Calgary in 2003. During Dr. Devani’s residency in dermatology, he has written research articles, book chapters and has had the fortunate opportunity to give presentations to fellow residents, medical students and other medical practitioners. He also received the 2012 Dermatology Resident of the Year award from his program in his final year of residency and was also selected by the Professional Association of Residents of Alberta as the recipient of the resident of the month award in November 2011. Dr. Devani has a keen interest in medical and surgical dermatology including skin cancer [melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer], psoriasis, acne and auto-immune connective tissue diseases. Dr. Devani is also the head and director of clinical trials at IFSA which is focusing on dermatological diseases including psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, acne and skin cancer. ----- Office details: Institute for Skin Advancement Market Mall Professional Building Suite 206, 4935 40th Ave NW Calgary Alberta T3A 2N1 Office Phone: 403-284-4222 Office Fax: 403-284-5272 Website URL: http://DermDocs.ca

• English

• University of Calgary (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Alberta (Grad. 2007)

AHC

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Wow seems you either love this guy or hate him. Add me to hate group. My experience was all to similar to the folks that spent under five minutes with the man..."

February 2, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fantastic appointment - took the time to listen to various concerns and provided solid advice to follow. "

January 25, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Excellent Service cured with one treatment which I had been to another Dermatologist with multiple visits and weeks of treatment with no results. Dr. Devani k..."

January 21, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Not even a glance to acknowledge my presence. Started cutting my face before freezing took . Yelled at nurse to give more freezing. Came back and proceeded to ..."

January 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Devani is amazing.!! and so is his staff. I see lots of people commenting about how quick he is. I think it is wonderful. I had no wait time and I was..."

January 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr davani is amazing. I saw a different dermatologist previously who refused to remove some moles or put me on acutaine. He did both for me the first appointm..."

January 7, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was seen by Dr. Devani for assessment and treatment of acne. One of the best medical experiences I have had thus far. His staff were very welcoming and attent..."

December 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing welcoming, very fast service . I have been in Calgary for more than 26 years and this is the first time I receive such a fast service! We should have mo..."

December 11, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "The Dr. looked uninterested barely took 2 min to review my condition, probably coz I lied that I don't have a medical insurance , they might have thought I woul..."

December 5, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr barely looked at my daughter's acne. He spent less than 2 min...money spinning machine. Waste of time...don\t ever go to this guy. "

November 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had an appointment last friday for lip fillers, the front desk was so friendly and fun, i get into my appointment on the time.. I met with doctor Alim Devani ..."

November 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "went to him 3 times and my condition hasn't improved. doesn't listen and brushes me off like i don't matter. thank you for wasting my time."

November 18, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Not impressed. After waiting to see a specialist I would have expected more from Dr. Devani. He brushed me off and wrote a prescription for my condition which h..."

September 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Alim Devani for Juvederm filler to help bring back symmetry and volume to my face. My experience with Dr. Devani was great! He is very attentive, ..."

September 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My diagnosis and treatment went very well. I plan on returning for a routine examination in 12 months. Thanks Dr. Devani. GW"

August 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The girls at the front were friendly and efficient. My appointment was excellent and I came away feeling I received the care I needed. Very impressed with Dr...."

August 5, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Devani based on a mole that had grown significantly during my pregnancy. was sent in for Biopsy and came back as basal cell cancer.....wa..."

August 4, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Devani for my eczema and after waiting 6 weeks to get in, he didn't even LOOK at my skin. He wrote me 3 prescriptions and told me everyt..."

July 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have visited Dr. Devani's office on 4 occasions and each time was a great experience. Have had a basal cell cancer as well as melanoma removed. Happy with t..."

July 8, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have seen Dr Devani three times and the experience has been very positive each time. He does have a busy practice but he was very thorough with me. He found ..."

June 23, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been to Dr Devani on 2 occasions and both times I found him very knowledgeable and helpful. Is he rushed - yes but not to the point that I felt I was be..."

June 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was diagnosed with Melanoma and Dr. Devani did the surgery within 5 days. He was pleasant and I had no discomfort during the procedure of removing mole from ..."

May 4, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr Devani after struggling with extremely bad eczema for six months. He prescribed an antihistamine which caused insomnia and hardly helped with the i..."

May 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr Devani 6 months ago due to adult acne issues and my experience has been very positive. Dr Devani recommended some treatments before prescri..."

April 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My daughter was referred to Dr. Devani, and while at her appointment I asked him if he could take a quick look at a spot on my face. Our family doctor was plann..."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "He is very nice and knowledgeable. The staffs are great as well!"

April 22, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "In and out with just a glance at the akin issue. Prescribed a medication that upon reading the directions was not supposed to be prescribed for what he diagnose..."

April 9, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "I have had a few appointments with Dr. Devani, and with the exception of the first, all of them felt very rushed. They each lasted about 5 minutes and I felt li..."

April 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He was on time for the apt, as soon as I got in the room he came in about a minute later. I as referred to him for my moderate to severe cystic acne and I must ..."

March 31, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "After waiting 30 minutes for our appointment, Dr. Devani was in and out of our appointment in under 30 seconds. Without introducing himself, he glanced at my 7..."

March 24, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had the absolute worst time finding a doctor who could actually help me with my acne. I saw a number of doctors who seemed to keep telling me all the things t..."

March 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Devani is a fantastic and supportive MD. Unfortunately, due to weird circumstances, I've had the pleasure to interact with way too many doctors over the l..."

March 6, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "One of the main issues with Dr. Devani is his staff-other reviews have mentioned the wait to call in to speak with someone regarding an appointment or to simple..."

March 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Devani is a knowledgeable and friendly man. He was straight up and to the point which I found to be very helpful."

February 13, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Devanai is completely useless if you have minor skin issues he's good but otherwise consider different options told me my scars wouldn't go away but they ha..."

January 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I arrived 5 minutes early, filled out the form, was brought to the examination room within a minute of handing my info in and Dr. Devani took less time then all..."

January 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After my recent bad experience with a very money-minded, uncaring dermatologist, more eager to sell his laser treatment, I googled to look for the best dermatol..."

December 18, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Devani is a tremendously fine and talented doctor. He has the expertise and the knowledge. He has the treatments that work. He listens. He cares. He is very..."

December 15, 2014
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://DermDocs.ca". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "403-284-4222".

December 14, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Can't really rate his knowledge seeing as he didn't do anything expect look me up and down and go 'You're fine" before leaving the door wide open and left me st..."

December 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Thanks Dr. Devani for your help with my fathers skin cancer and welcome back to Calgary. You really took the time to explain his condition and made the biopsy p..."

November 11, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Devani by my family doctor to investigate a brown mole type mark on my left cheek. Dr. Devani did biopsy and two days later called me back..."

November 2, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Devani was ourteus and identified me before performing surgery and made sure I was aware of procdure and later visit confirmed success"

October 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I took my daughter to Dr. Devani when she was 10 years old as she had very severe acne. Dr. Devani was extremely helpful. Initially I didn't want to go the me..."

October 26, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Devani is wonderful. I didn't wait long at all, he has vast knowledge about how to treat me. He actually take time to talk and figure out what's the best ..."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Devani is a highly-skilled physician and overall outstanding individual. He is very caring and treats patients with the utmost respect. I highly recommend..."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Devani recently saw me for melanoma surgery and asked me to rate my experience. I have to say he's a nice guy and likes what he does. He talked to me about ..."

October 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've gone to Dr.Devani a few times for a couple of issues and he was the only Doctor that was actually able to help me. He is very knowledgeable in his area of ..."

October 22, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "All the Warmth of an Iceberg-Took one look at me and said "It's cancer" BEFORE taking a biopsy and brought in 2 other doctors to look at my condition and refuse..."

October 21, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've been with him for over a year and though our monthly meetings were short, they were very helpful and informative on how to treat my acne properly. Here we ..."

September 14, 2014