Ratings for Dr. Alim R. Devani

I went and saw Dr Devani for Botox and lip filler. He did an excellent job and didn't rush in and out of the room. I have had Botox before and I would say this is the best I have had. My lips also look very natural and even. I would highly recommend Dr Devani. His staff are also very friendly and helpful. I will forsure be going back.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

I saw Dr. Devani today. I have been concerned with a skin rash for several months. he spent a grand total of 3 minutes with me. Prescribed me a cream with no explanation to my diagnosis. He tried to upsell me for cosmetic surgery and other therapy for my rash. Huge waste of time and the worst client care I've ever seen. Do not waste your time with someone who does not care about your health. Absolutely disappointing.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

Great service and very friendly staff. Was seen for an urgent appointment for a scary mole. Had it biopsied and then surgically removed in 8 days. I'm scared of needles but the appointment went by without an issue. Thanks for an amazing experience. Will be back yearly now for a check up.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Dr. Alim Devani and his staff are a wonderful group. Have been seeing him and Pam for 6 months now and just got married this past weekend. I had horrible acne on my face and back and wanted to be clear for my wedding. He said that the only option to make this possible was accutane. I didn't hesitate and I was cleared up by 4 months and just have a few weeks to go now. I couldn't drink alcohol on the wedding day but that was a trade off for flawless skin. He also did my botox before the wedding and it turned out great. I'm so happy I was sent to his clinic.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

Had a great experience today at the clinic. Was seen on-time and had a biopsy done for a suspicious lesion on my arm. The reception was very happy and the nurses were great. Just have to wait for the results but Dr. Devani was awesome!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

horrible doctor. Doesn't write clear or detailed instructions of how medical staff should use the prescriptions. seems to have ADHD. Moody or nice, flip flops. Doesn't do his own instruction writing and passes it off to a nurse that wasn't even in the room. Many errors, mistakes, missed or wrong things written. Also doesn't use protective glasses when burning off skin cancer and has accidently dropped this fluid onto eyelid.

Submitted October 10, 2016

NOT IMPRESSED!!! Started on time but spent less than 3 minutes with me and didn't even look at my eczema. Was more interested in getting me to talk to his staff at his cosmetic clinic across the hall. After waiting months to get in I expected much more than a quick "moisturize more" excerpt. I will not be returning to him in the future and will be telling my family GP who referred me about my experience.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

Had to hold long enough to get an answering service get me to leave a message. No return call for 3 days. Once there, started right on time, but spent all of 2 minutes with me and I was out the door. Returned a few months later and same in and out. Was also told that if it wasn't working I can't be doing it right... Went back a third time to get a refill on the prescription (can't do that over the phone) and this time he pointed out that he could get the marks off my face with a laser device. I asked how much, he said probably around $150. I said sure and left paying $200. And used the Vaseline he told me to buy. Had to go back because my face inflamed within a few days and massive flakes were peeling and had become sore. Was told that I should have just used the other cream I had. Even though it specifically says not to be used on the face. Hopefully I will be able to see someone else soon.

Submitted August 30, 2016

I have found him to be very competent and very confident in what he does. Having the appointment actually take place on time is a bonus.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

Great service. Dr. Divani is always on time and provides thorough and friendly service. I have seen him for both skin issues and for face rejuvenation. He does an awesome job on all fronts. The staff are very friendly and his assistant is great. All-in-all, I love this place.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

Dr. Alim R. Devani's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

BSc (with distinction), MD, FRCPC (Dermatology), FAAD (Dermatology) ----- Dermatologist and Dermatologic Surgeon with special interest in skin cancer (melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer), psoriasis and clinical trials. ----- Dr. Alim Devani, MD, FRCPC, FAAD is a double board-certified dermatologist in both Canada and the USA and graduated from the University of Alberta Dermatology program in June 2012. Dr. Devani completed his medical school at the University of Alberta in 2007 and was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha [AOA] honor medical society during his graduating year for his academic accomplishments. He also completed his undergraduate degree with distinction from the University of Calgary in 2003. During Dr. Devani’s residency in dermatology, he has written research articles, book chapters and has had the fortunate opportunity to give presentations to fellow residents, medical students and other medical practitioners. He also received the 2012 Dermatology Resident of the Year award from his program in his final year of residency and was also selected by the Professional Association of Residents of Alberta as the recipient of the resident of the month award in November 2011. Dr. Devani has a keen interest in medical and surgical dermatology including skin cancer [melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer], psoriasis, acne and auto-immune connective tissue diseases. Dr. Devani is also the head and director of clinical trials at IFSA which is focusing on dermatological diseases including psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, acne and skin cancer. ----- Office details: Institute for Skin Advancement Market Mall Professional Building Suite 206, 4935 40th Ave NW Calgary Alberta T3A 2N1 Office Phone: 403-284-4222 Office Fax: 403-284-5272 Website URL: http://DermDocs.ca

• English

• University of Alberta (Grad. 2007)
  • University of Calgary (Grad. 2002)

• Skin cancer
  • Laser resurfacing
  • Laser hair removal
  • Botox injections
  • Rosacea
  • Squamous cell carcinoma of the skin
  • Moles