Ratings for Dr. Alim R. Devani

Last week I had my first experience at Institute for Skin Advancement and it was wonderful! The team at The clinic are so knowledgable and helpful! Everyone that I interacted with was very friendly and attentive. Before I went in for my treatment I did a lot of research on different techniques and products. I felt very comfortable in the dermatologist's hands because they use only the best, top of the line equipment and their technicians are highly trained professionals. I prefer getting treatments at Institute for Skin Advancement compared to other spas because their team consists of actual dermatologists with years of experience. I recommend this clinic to all of my friends and family, and I will be booking my next treatment with Clinic soon.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

I had a wonderful experience at Institute for Skin Advancement. I was originally referred there by my family doctor because I have very sensitive skin. The dermatologists are all professionally trained and were very tentative to my needs and requests. I recently booked a second appointment on the cosmetic side of the clinic with some of my friends when we were preparing for my friend's wedding. The dermatologists were so knowledgeable and helpful. Almost everyone in our group had different treatments and everyone was very pleased with their results. Also, I had no problem booking my appointment only about a week in advance. I strongly recommend this clinic to anyone who wants great service and great skin care.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

I have been going to this practice for some time now for medical procedures and have had an extremely good experience each and every time. The staff are terrific, courteous and very helpful.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Devani for the last few years. Every time I go to his office his staff are very professional and friendly. Dr. Devani takes an interest in his patients and is very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him. He is a brilliant Doctor.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

I have been getting headaches almost daily for the last 4+ years. I've tried just about everything to get rid of them, but nothing worked. When I heard that Dr. Devani does botox injections for masseters to help with headaches, I had to try it. I had the treatment done in October of 2016, and within a week the headaches were GONE. Last week, I asked Dr Devani for botox in my forehead to treat and prevent early wrinkles. I'm in my twenties, but I'd already started getting very pronounced lines on my forehead and I hated looking in the mirror. I'm really happy with the results because I don't look unnatural, and I can still make facial expressions, but the lines have disappeared! I also feel like I look more awake, which is a nice bonus. I'm so pleased with the results I've gotten! Dr. Devani is a very knowledgeable and personable doctor, always happy to answer any of my questions and give me the best care. I've recommended him to all of my friends!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Dr. Devani was amazing. He knew my condition right away and gave me a treatment that actually worked. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Dr. Devani and his team were incredibly helpful and knowledgable! I was put at ease and the treatment was a huge success. I had no wait times and was treated with such consideration I will definitely be going back when I need to.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Went to see Dr. Devani about vitilgo on my 12 year olds sons leg (newly appearing albino patches). When he came in Dr Devani seemed frustrated that we had wasted his time. " he is healthy, why are you here". He offered no treatment/management routine, but seemed to scold us for that other doctors had tried while we were waiting for referral. Just tried to book in a follow-up to get information about another possible treatment and was told he was too busy, and we wouldn't be able to get in for a follow-up until the new year ( they couldnt even check that far ahead, he was just full) Receptionist told me to go back to my GP to get a new patient referral as that might help us get in faster (it took 4 months to get in the first time). We are looking for a new dermatologist

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I have extremely sensitive skin and suffer from severe eczema. My doctor recommended that I make an appointment at Institute for Skin Advancement. My skin conditions are particularly harsh so I was really looking to find a treatment that would really work without being too invasive. The doctors at Institute for Skin Advancement were AMAZING! They were so knowledgeable and really took my concerns seriously. All of the questions I had were answered and I felt that I really understood the procedure that I chose before I went ahead. Great service and definitely skin experts!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

The receptionists at this office were a delight! The nurses/assistants were fairly unpleasant and uncomfortable to talk to. All were far from genuinely friendly when calling patients into the room and in their dealings with me. Dr. Devani seemed extremely rushed to hand me a prescription and send me on my way, though he really knows his stuff and I can see that he'd be helpful to some people. I ended up leaving the clinic feeling just as helpless and ashamed of my issues as I was before. After waiting months for an appointment, he shouldn't​ be making his patients feel rushed and inconvenient. That aside, I would say he's worth a shot if you're looking for a knowledgeable diagnosis. You can tell he's super smart, just not personable.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

Dr. Alim R. Devani's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

BSc (with distinction), MD, FRCPC (Dermatology), FAAD (Dermatology) ----- Dermatologist and Dermatologic Surgeon with special interest in skin cancer (melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer), psoriasis and clinical trials. ----- Dr. Alim Devani, MD, FRCPC, FAAD is a double board-certified dermatologist in both Canada and the USA and graduated from the University of Alberta Dermatology program in June 2012. Dr. Devani completed his medical school at the University of Alberta in 2007 and was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha [AOA] honor medical society during his graduating year for his academic accomplishments. He also completed his undergraduate degree with distinction from the University of Calgary in 2003. During Dr. Devani’s residency in dermatology, he has written research articles, book chapters and has had the fortunate opportunity to give presentations to fellow residents, medical students and other medical practitioners. He also received the 2012 Dermatology Resident of the Year award from his program in his final year of residency and was also selected by the Professional Association of Residents of Alberta as the recipient of the resident of the month award in November 2011. Dr. Devani has a keen interest in medical and surgical dermatology including skin cancer [melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer], psoriasis, acne and auto-immune connective tissue diseases. Dr. Devani is also the head and director of clinical trials at IFSA which is focusing on dermatological diseases including psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, acne and skin cancer. ----- Office details: Institute for Skin Advancement Market Mall Professional Building Suite 206, 4935 40th Ave NW Calgary Alberta T3A 2N1 Office Phone: 403-284-4222 Office Fax: 403-284-5272 Website URL: http://DermDocs.ca

• English

• University of Alberta (Grad. 2007)
  • University of Calgary (Grad. 2002)

• Skin cancer
  • Laser resurfacing
  • Laser hair removal
  • Botox injections
  • Rosacea
  • Squamous cell carcinoma of the skin
  • Moles