Ratings for Dr. Alim Devani

Great service. Dr. Divani is always on time and provides thorough and friendly service. I have seen him for both skin issues and for face rejuvenation. He does an awesome job on all fronts. The staff are very friendly and his assistant is great. All-in-all, I love this place.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

Trying to call the desk in a nightmare. You will be on hold for a long time. One time I called the service said I was number 33 in the queue! I just hung up and tried the next day. I got in to see him about severe psoriasis. It took some work on his part but got me approved for Stelara and within 3 months I was 50% clear now 5 month later I am about 80% clear. He knew his stuff, he was fast but I don't mind that as long as what he does works. I would trust him with any other derm issues.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2016

Dr. Devani is an amazing doctor. He treated a muscle in my cheek with botox. I was having a tough time chewing food. I can now eat properly without any pain.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

Dr. Devani and his staff are amazing I did an accutane treatment for 6 months. Dr Devani was amazing when it came to my concerns regarding my acne. Being in my 30's I never thought that's when acne would start. I was nervous about going on Accutane Dr . Devani was very good on making sure the process went great. I had NO side effects and my face cleared up I would recommend Dr . Devani and Acctuane if you are struggling with adult acne or acne at any age.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

I've seen Dr. Devani several times for Botox and filler. Dr. Devani's knowledge is fantstic and his concern for his patients is very obvious. He does everything he can to make your visit quick and comfortable - Most importantly the procedure was virtually painless! He listens to your concerns and the staff are very friendly and educated on the amazing skin care products that he recommend I use.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

I saw Dr. Devani for an accutane prescription for moderate acne. Appointments were quick and easy and he explained everything clearly and answered my questions. DON'T believe all the bad press accutane gets!!! I wish I'd gone on it years ago as it has changed my life. He checked my bloodwork every step of the way to make sure my liver was healthy. Would recommend Dr. Devani to anyone seeking a responsible and effective dermatologist.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

I saw Dr. Devani for an accutane prescription. Appointments were short and sweet and he explained concepts well and answered any questions I had. Don't believe all the accutane-related negativity online; it works. I wish I had started years sooner. I had minimal symptoms (dry skin, lips, nose) since he had me on a gradually increasing dose. He checked my bloodwork every step of the way to make sure my liver was healthy. Would recommend Dr. Devani to anyone seeking a responsible and effective dermatologist.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

Must be a Jekyll/Hyde person based on other comments. Personally, I won't go near him again. Just did what my GP does, liquid nitrogen scalp. Asked about small spot on back-never even looked, just blasted with liquid nitrogen, end up with 3 large blisters that took 5/6 weeks to heal and still left with scars. Walked out, while I was asking question about condition & possible treatment options. Left up to receptionist , who just gave me ,some literature to read. He was more interested in going to lunch than me!!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

Dr. Devani was excellent. He was knowledgable and kind. He removed 2 cysts for me and he was very knowledgable and considerate. He did it right away and he did it very quickly. I would recommend him to anybody!

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Dr. Devani is one of the worst dermatologist I have ever gone to! He only saw me for 5 minutes and he did not recommend anything for my serve eczema. First and Last visit.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Dr. Alim Devani's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

BSc (with distinction), MD, FRCPC (Dermatology), FAAD (Dermatology) ----- Dermatologist and Dermatologic Surgeon with special interest in skin cancer (melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer), psoriasis and clinical trials. ----- Dr. Alim Devani, MD, FRCPC, FAAD is a double board-certified dermatologist in both Canada and the USA and graduated from the University of Alberta Dermatology program in June 2012. Dr. Devani completed his medical school at the University of Alberta in 2007 and was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha [AOA] honor medical society during his graduating year for his academic accomplishments. He also completed his undergraduate degree with distinction from the University of Calgary in 2003. During Dr. Devani’s residency in dermatology, he has written research articles, book chapters and has had the fortunate opportunity to give presentations to fellow residents, medical students and other medical practitioners. He also received the 2012 Dermatology Resident of the Year award from his program in his final year of residency and was also selected by the Professional Association of Residents of Alberta as the recipient of the resident of the month award in November 2011. Dr. Devani has a keen interest in medical and surgical dermatology including skin cancer [melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer], psoriasis, acne and auto-immune connective tissue diseases. Dr. Devani is also the head and director of clinical trials at IFSA which is focusing on dermatological diseases including psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, acne and skin cancer. ----- Office details: Institute for Skin Advancement Market Mall Professional Building Suite 206, 4935 40th Ave NW Calgary Alberta T3A 2N1 Office Phone: 403-284-4222 Office Fax: 403-284-5272 Website URL: http://DermDocs.ca

• English

• University of Alberta (Grad. 2007)
  • University of Calgary (Grad. 2002)

MSP/BC Med