Dr. Alim R. Devani

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Alim R. Devani

Dr. Devani is very caring. He sees my mother for eczema and the treatment prescribed has worked.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

Dr. D is amazing. He does Botox for masseters. I used to clench my teeth and have difficulty eating. The injections have really helped with this. What a lifechanger.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2017

Dr.Devani is the “go to guy” for FAB lips! I get compliments all the time on how good they look with out being fake. He’s efficient,professional and kind. I will not see anyone else for my Botox and Filler. His staff and also wonderful as well!!

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

Prompt and friendly and positive. Of course he gave me good news, but still, I appreciate his approach, and would recommend.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

Amazing doctor! I got my lips done by him and they turned out beautiful, not too obvious where everyone could tell they were done, but just the perfect pout. He’s a great doctor and really knows what he’s doing. Will be back again for more.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

Dr. Devani saw our child with horrible eczema. He cleared it up in a week with a special prescription cream, specific baths and overnight wraps. What a difference in just a week. So thankful we saw him. He saw us back after 3 weeks and we are now managing on our own.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Very disappointed in his bedside manner, very poor communications, was booked to do a skin cancer screening (head to toe), and he didn't even want me to change into gown. He just said which spot concerns you. Didn't even walk over to the table, looked from across the room. Said it's fine. Left the door open the whole time and seemed bothered, and left the room abruptly. Super immature or unprofessional. Wouldn't go to him again. Seems only interested in costly procedures and botox he tried to sell me.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

Dr. Devani did not even give a look at my skin before he recommended acutane. He left the door open during the consultation and seemed to be in a rush to move on to the next patient. He went to go get a cream for me and did not return to see if I had any final questions or to say goodbye. He had already left for his next patient. Very disappointed with his service.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2017

Dr Devani and his whole team are great. Very knowledgeable and open to needs of their patients

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

Last week I had my first experience at Institute for Skin Advancement and it was wonderful! The team at The clinic are so knowledgable and helpful! Everyone that I interacted with was very friendly and attentive. Before I went in for my treatment I did a lot of research on different techniques and products. I felt very comfortable in the dermatologist's hands because they use only the best, top of the line equipment and their technicians are highly trained professionals. I prefer getting treatments at Institute for Skin Advancement compared to other spas because their team consists of actual dermatologists with years of experience. I recommend this clinic to all of my friends and family, and I will be booking my next treatment with Clinic soon.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

Dr. Alim R. Devani's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

BSc (with distinction), MD, FRCPC (Dermatology), FAAD (Dermatology) ----- Dermatologist and Dermatologic Surgeon with special interest in skin cancer (melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer), psoriasis and clinical trials. ----- Dr. Alim Devani, MD, FRCPC, FAAD is a double board-certified dermatologist in both Canada and the USA and graduated from the University of Alberta Dermatology program in June 2012. Dr. Devani completed his medical school at the University of Alberta in 2007 and was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha [AOA] honor medical society during his graduating year for his academic accomplishments. He also completed his undergraduate degree with distinction from the University of Calgary in 2003. During Dr. Devani’s residency in dermatology, he has written research articles, book chapters and has had the fortunate opportunity to give presentations to fellow residents, medical students and other medical practitioners. He also received the 2012 Dermatology Resident of the Year award from his program in his final year of residency and was also selected by the Professional Association of Residents of Alberta as the recipient of the resident of the month award in November 2011. Dr. Devani has a keen interest in medical and surgical dermatology including skin cancer [melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer], psoriasis, acne and auto-immune connective tissue diseases. Dr. Devani is also the head and director of clinical trials at IFSA which is focusing on dermatological diseases including psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, acne and skin cancer. ----- Office details: Institute for Skin Advancement Market Mall Professional Building Suite 206, 4935 40th Ave NW Calgary Alberta T3A 2N1 Office Phone: 403-284-4222 Office Fax: 403-284-5272 Website URL: http://DermDocs.ca

• English

• University of Alberta (Grad. 2007)
  • University of Calgary (Grad. 2002)

• Skin cancer
  • Laser resurfacing
  • Laser hair removal
  • Botox injections
  • Rosacea
  • Squamous cell carcinoma of the skin
  • Moles