Dr. Alim R. Devani

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Alim R. Devani

Would not recommend. Went to get lips injected. Did not give me the time or day, or seem to really care that I was there. Spent maybe 15 mins with me if that? Felt like I was more of an annoyance, even though I was paying for a service. Also, was not happy with the results I got, which wasn't really much, and he didn't really seem to care if I as happy or not. Just told me it was my body. For this particular service for else where. To people who actually care and want you to be there.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

Dr. D is first-class. Best dermatologist in Calgary. We are lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

Always have such a great experience here! Dr Devani and his team are always very professional, and knowledgeable. The team at IFSA is very friendly and prompt with timing, which is appreciated with my busy schedule. Would highly recommend the Institute for Skin Advancement, and will be back for further treatments!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

Dr. Aleem was very informative and professional. He treated me with botox. Very natural looking results. I will definitely come back.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

Great doc. Fixed the psoriasis in no time. Gave a very effective treatment.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2018

Great doctor. He is the best. I was impressed he knew a lot about my rare condition. I saw other dermatologists before. They could not diagnose me. I am glad to have an answer.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

I think Dr. Devani spent maybe 5 minutes with me, he didn't even look at my skin or offer any insight other than writing a prescription that he "gives to everybody" I've had many experiences with dermatologists like this. Everyones acne is different and they should care more to learn about potential causes in diet, lifestyle or otherwise not just patient turnover.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2018

He diagnosed a skin condition that I'd been struggling with for 4 years. He looked at it and diagnosed in minutes!! So grateful. I'd recommend.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Dr Devani sees our whole family. He is amazing. We are lucky to have him. Always friendly and recommends treatments that actually work.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

I found Dr. Devani to be very professional, empathetic and caring and his staff were very friendly...I actually got in early and left feeling very pleased that my issues were dealt with immediately...I would recommend this clinic to all !!!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Dr. Alim R. Devani's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

BSc (with distinction), MD, FRCPC (Dermatology), FAAD (Dermatology) ----- Dermatologist and Dermatologic Surgeon with special interest in skin cancer (melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer), psoriasis and clinical trials. ----- Dr. Alim Devani, MD, FRCPC, FAAD is a double board-certified dermatologist in both Canada and the USA and graduated from the University of Alberta Dermatology program in June 2012. Dr. Devani completed his medical school at the University of Alberta in 2007 and was elected into the Alpha Omega Alpha [AOA] honor medical society during his graduating year for his academic accomplishments. He also completed his undergraduate degree with distinction from the University of Calgary in 2003. During Dr. Devani’s residency in dermatology, he has written research articles, book chapters and has had the fortunate opportunity to give presentations to fellow residents, medical students and other medical practitioners. He also received the 2012 Dermatology Resident of the Year award from his program in his final year of residency and was also selected by the Professional Association of Residents of Alberta as the recipient of the resident of the month award in November 2011. Dr. Devani has a keen interest in medical and surgical dermatology including skin cancer [melanoma and non-melanoma skin cancer], psoriasis, acne and auto-immune connective tissue diseases. Dr. Devani is also the head and director of clinical trials at IFSA which is focusing on dermatological diseases including psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, acne and skin cancer. ----- Office details: Institute for Skin Advancement Market Mall Professional Building Suite 206, 4935 40th Ave NW Calgary Alberta T3A 2N1 Office Phone: 403-284-4222 Office Fax: 403-284-5272 Website URL: http://DermDocs.ca

• English

• University of Alberta (Grad. 2007)
  • University of Calgary (Grad. 2002)

• Skin cancer
  • Laser resurfacing
  • Laser hair removal
  • Botox injections
  • Rosacea
  • Squamous cell carcinoma of the skin
  • Moles