Ratings for Dr. Karen Wong

Complete waste of time. Dr Wong does only does the surface procedures. Cannot delve deeper with client to resolve issues. Rather she refers client back to GP and advises GP the client is at fault and it is their mental state instead. That is not a specialist. That is just a person moving patients through the system and gaining profit. Take this as a lesson Dr Wong and if you don't care about listening to your clients find another profession.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I was concerned to see this physician after I read this site. But I feel that she needs to have a better rating. My husband was so incredible sick and she got him in right away for all the test required. She took the time to talk to him and educate him on his condition and I have nothing negative to say about this physician.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

Great doctor. No problems. Got the scope done. Super clean, super fast. Explained probiotics like a champ. Good lady.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

One of the worst doctors I have ever seen in my life. Indifferent, performing necessary procedures automatically (like a robot), not bothering to explain anything to the patient. AVOID.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

I have seen Dr. Wong twice in the past 6 months - once in her downtown office for our initial meeting, and once for a colonoscopy at Mount Saint Joe's Hospital. She was friendly during our first meeting and seemed quite knowledgeable, although I did most of the talking. I have had several colonoscopies in my life and hers was the least painful by far. (I think previous reviewers have been misinformed - I have never been unconscious during a colonoscopy). I will see her for my follow-up next month. I was diagnosed with UC 12 years ago and due to moves and retirements, she is my 3rd GI specialist. So far I think she is the best one yet. My only problems thus far: a) she has two offices - one downtown and one on Cambie, so I never know which office to call - and b) her staff tend to be a little grumpy/unhelpful.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

I told her that I am in pain for over a year... She suggested to raise legs on my bed.. It would have been funny if it was not so sad..

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

Upon our first meeting, Dr. Wong was helpful, she explained what I could expect; she walked me through each step as well as what I needed to do to prepare for the procedure. From then on things went downhill rapidly. I had spoken to many people about their colonoscopy and was always told the same story: You will be put out, you will not feel a thing and it will all be over before you know it. This is far from my reality. I was given an IV (no-one I spoke to had an IV), I was fully awake (no-one I spoke to was awake for the procedure),I experienced a lot of pain (no-one else I spoke to felt anything, as they were completely put out). I thought Dr. Wong would do something for the pain, yet there was no relief only a, "I'm sorry, turning the corner is a little rough". At this point I decided to watch the monitor to keep my mind occupied. I never saw her again and I hope I never do! This was a very bad experience for me.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2013

She is not interested in either hearing her patient or getting to the root of the problem. If you have to wait for a few months to see a specialist, you may as well go to someone else.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2013

Dr Wong was lovely. I was quite late for my appointment due to ferry travel issues and she was very understanding and not upset at all. She was very helpful and kind. She asked me many questions and then explained to me why she was asking them and what my answers may mean towards my diagnosis. She answered any questions I had and was very polite and made me feel quite comfortable discussing awkward thing like my bowel movements with a complete stranger. She was gentle in her examination of me and all around a very nice person in my experience. I will be seeing her again and would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013

Very kind and helpful. Her receptionist was so nice to me and made sure I was comfortable while I waited. I felt as though my questions and concerns were addressed.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2013