Ratings for Dr. Danny Filaferro

Very very unhappy with my visit today. When I checked in with reception I was asked for all my concerns. I said my main concern was no sight in my right eye in very dark conditions, then reception asked of any other issues. I said pain behind my eye that's minor and driving at night vision not great but not worried about that. It was the no sight that concerns me. Told to take a seat. my appointment was at 1:30pm.... waited an hour and a half to see the doctor! Didn't see him until 3:00pm and he was with me for 4 mins!!!! He walked in, told me about my eye pain ("headache not an eye issue") then was told "bad night vision.... common at your age". I'M 52 years old!!!! Told him I wasn't concerned about my driving night vision or pains, concerned about my lack of sight in my right eye..... he said...."Normal" he could tell I was VERY unhappy so he looked in my eyes sent me out the the room for another "Test" and that was the last I saw of him. What an unprofessional, rude Man! Can't call him a doctor because he literally didn't act like one today. No interest in me and my issues at all. Wonder how much charges Alberta health care for 4 mins work...... I have a call and complaint into the College of Physicians and Surgeons because this Man is a horrible Doctor!!!! To bad I can't indicate my rating as a -10

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

A new technician performed my tests. She doesn't know to work the machine yet no one is here training her. She keeps having to leave the room to get help from another tech but they answer theonequestion and then leaves. As for the doctor he had no interest in answering any questions the last few visits. It's now been 2 hours and I'm still waiting to see him. How do you fall 2 hours behind for a9:45am appointment? Perhaps you're over booking trying too squeeze out every dollar.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

I was very disappointed by this doctor visit. I was examined mainly by the technician at his clinic, after dilating my pupils he spent total of 7 mints with me.Did not bother to ask me about my complaint or my eye problem. Just looked in my by the slit lamp, told me every thing was fine. did not want to answer my questions, did not bother to give me any medication even for my eye pain. told me every thing will improve by time. As a physician myself I can't trust he was able to diagnose my problem correctly.Will ask my family physician to resend me to another ophthalmologist. Total waste of time!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

i was sent to Dr. Filaferro 2 years ago and he would spend maybe 10 minutes with me. one time they rushed my in there for 12:30 and he didn't see me till 3:30. i've never had any improvement in my eyes, they still hurt and am now looking for another dr.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

Was sent to him by optometrist because of sudden loss of vision in my one eye. Told me it was dry eye. It not get better. Went to other doctor who knew within 30 seconds that it was a detached retina. Delayed my surgery by 4 months and worsened my condition.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2013

I was scheduled to see Dr. Filaferro by my rheumotogist. His staff was very nice and fairly punctual. However, when the time came to see Dr. Filaferro himself, he was extremely rushed, didn't answer any of my questions and when I asked who he would trust his eyes to for a prescription he directed me to the front desk to get a phone number. I felt like he was rushed and did not want to spend anytime with me whatsoever. I would not go back.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013