Ratings for Dr. Rhona Capisonda

I apologize for lying, the only two positive reviews on this site were left by myself, her ex-husband trying to be supportive. Now, I can seriously say this individual is disturbed and I have witnessed a few deaths, which she should have been responsible for, but the Alberta system is built to protect their doctors and not finding the truth, finding any excuses to disregard their own code of conduct seems to be the treand. Ask for Dr Levine instead, shés reliable.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2018

I hate to leave a negative comment, but Dr. Capisonda did not respect or listen to my worries at all. She did not communicate well, and she never was straight and to the point. She gave us the ran around for almost every question we had. I am sad I had a bad experience with her, but that is just the truth! I won't be going back to see her, and I would recommend another doctor for your little one!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

My experience with Dr Rhona Capisonda was excellent she was very kind and very caring with her patients she is very knowledgeable

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Worst paediatric doctor out there!!! Do not take your children to this woman. She made a major mistake with my son that lead to a bleed in his brain. Toronto sick kids deemed her inaction neglegent.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

We saw Dr. Capisonda at the hospital after our daughter was admitted because she needed to be observed for the night. Her level of professionalism is appalling. She came into our room, barely looked at our daughter, didn't exam her, didn't tell us her diagnoses or prognoses and then accused us of doing something to her. This doctor has been a nightmare for us. Her motives don't seem to be in the best interest of helping my child, but rather she's seems on a mission to prove something that didn't happen. She sent us to a eye doctor, who said our daughter was perfectly fine. She also argued with our family doctor about sending us to another doctor. Our family doctor recommended we went because he didn't want to fight her anymore. I wish this doctor cared as much about helping my daughter as she did about trying to prove we did something we didn't do. She has also made me extremely nervous to ever take my daughter to the hospital again.

Submitted December 20, 2014

This woman missed an infection on my newborn son that eventually lead to his death. I had a meeting with the NICU unit manager, the head pediatrician, and the director of children's care and Dr. Capasonda could not be bothered to even show up and talk to me. Do not take your kids to this person!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

Dr. Capisonda is very knowledgeable and has helped our daughter deal with her condition, following up on promised appointments, answering our questions thoroughly and going the extra step when asked. I would positively recommend her on to others!

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

My son has had an history of chest infections. When he gets sick he is supposed to be on his inhalers. The ventolin, that was prescribed by the doctor is 4 puffs every 4 to 6 hours when needed. Oh and because I have asthma my son is automatically considered to have asthma. He has no problem breathing usually, very active. When he comes down with a fever and gets sick he develops a cough that does not go away for months. We have been giving him his inhalers, and singulaire. His cough has been getting worse. We call the office. The secretary says not to call back for another month in order to make an appointment for June/July. That is not good enough. Dr.Capisonda, told us to call whenever there are issues and that she would see him. The secretary in the office seems to have other ideas of what that means. He's having issues now, and we want him to be seen. Not wait a month to make an appointment to see him in the summer. Not happy at all. Going to leave more messages.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

Dr. Capisonda has always been very nice and knowledgeble to our family needs. Unlike some other parents, I do not blame her for my own short comings as a parent. I, too have to supervise my kids sugar intake very closely.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2012

Not a clue. This woman should not be practicing!!! Brought my daughter in for unstable blood sugars. This twitt seems to think a range of 2.4 to 24.7 is well controlled. Also from a professional stand point, being a nurse, she doesn't have the skills needed. Find another doctor ASAP.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012