Ratings for Dr. HC George Wong

Speaks very quickly with poor English. Gets irritable if you ask him to repeat anything. I asked him to clarify exactly why I'm breaking out with swelling bumps over large parts of my body and swelling in the throat and that I'm concerned since it's never happened before. He just snapped and said he already told me and it's just skin sensitivity and environmental factors. Didn't really care to listen or properly address what I was concerned about. Just gave me a prescription and shooed me out. Seemed mostly focused on getting me in and out as quickly as possible. Worst kind of Doctor.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

I am originally from the east coast and I had a very good experience with Dr Wong, he is very efficient that's the reason why he can be quick, but most importantly he makes sure to ask you the good questions, he was also very kind, very caring, very understanding, I really appreciated to have a doctor who's as knowledgeable as very nice, overall it was a very good experience and I am seeing him next week for the follow up of my medical condition, looking forward to it!

Submitted September 9, 2015

I was extremely dissatisfied exam. Examination arrangements WERE NOT sterile. Yes, needles, which he made a prick on my arm, were disposable, but then he touched the injection site using reusable pipette!!!!!, instead of dropping allergens from it on my arm!!!! He said that the allergy was not found, and the next day after a visit to an allergist, I had a rash all over my stomach!!!!, which I still have for 2 weeks.!!!! I hope that this is still an allergy, and he didn`t infect me something after his non-sterile examination. Why subject the patient to such a risk, when you can give a referral for a blood test for immunoglobulin E, which extends the possibilities to identify allergies in groups of allergens, and excludes such a strong reaction of the organism to allergen.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

I literally made a RATEMDS account so that I could share my horrible appalling experience with Dr. Wong. Firstly, his office is disgusting. It is a dirty hole in the wall. Secondly, when I was called into his office, he made NO eye contact, did not acknowledge my presence and instead, barked questions at me such as, how many brothers do I have, do I have any sisters, who I lived with. When he did not ask me the reason for my coming in, or what types of allergies I've been experiencing, I tried to tell him my history, he yelled at me!!! He cut me off and told me he hasn't finished asking me questions. He was SO BERATING AND HORRIBLE. He acted like an arrogant person who hated his job and his life. He needs to retire. I was so angry I stood up to leave because I refuse to be treated like an idiot. He then sheepishly apologized then brought me into another room for the allergy test. He did not even explain what he was doing when he marked my arm up with a pen and poked me with needles WITHOUT explaining anything. When I asked he told me to just be calm and he'll be back. 45 minutes later he didn't even tell me what I was allergy to, except told me to "boil" my fruits and close my window when I sleep. That it was "pollen" and "fruits". WASTE OF MY TIME, waste of MSP taxpayer money.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Poor communication skills , didn't let me talk, didn't do anything ( no allergy test) made me wait in examination room while he was seeing othe patients then come back and told me that I was right that I have an allergy. Based on what? How did he come up with that? Based on what I told him? He didn't even let me talk. I wouldn't go back with him.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2013