Ratings for Dr. Sepehr Sajjad

I was referred to Dr sajjad by my orthopedic doctor after a distal radius fracture of the left arm that resulted in me not being able to bend my left thumb. We figured it was either nerve damage or a ruptured fpl tendon. He says if its a rupture it may need to be repaired surgically. I said I was on no way interested in surgery. After 6 weeks I have a follow up and he seemed pretty sure that if it was nerve damage the movement would have returned by then. So he tells me to consider having it surgically repaired. I again, told him I was in no way interested in surgery. Finally I get the physical therapy I had wanted to try from the beginning. He scheduled me for six weeks of therapy. Within one week of exercise I had doubled my motion in my thumb. By the next week of therapy I had complete, full, normal motion in my injured thumb. Needless to say I was slightly upset that Dr sajjad wanted 5o have this surgery with all this recovery and possible complications involved when the PT I had wanted all along worked perfectly! Moral of the story, do not let him talk you into surgery unless you have forced him to explore every other possible option. I'm just writing this because I would never want anyone to have a surgery for something that can be cured simply by exercising it properly.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Was referred by local ER because fall from ladder and staging landed on left arm (yes, left-handed too) resulting in 3 breaks.ER had orthopedist come in to set breaks and put my arm in a splint until I could get appt. for surgery. Left wrist break was fragmented. I waited 5 days for appt. upon learning my insurance had lapsed, my level of care completely diminished! Dr barely rewrapped splint.( which unravelled an hr afterwards) pain is level 9 on scale of 1 to 10. Dr prescribed 1 pill per day IF needed for pain. Is this a joke? No, it is sadly the truth! I called Dr Sajjad from the pharmacy, it took him 3 days (business days, not weekend) to return my phone call! It was no error, I can now take 2 pills per day.Never recieved worse care and this is supposed to be a professional? I still dont have cast yet, and injury was on 7/3/2013.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

When I went to schedule a follow up appointment, was told that he had left the practice but would not tell how I would get into contact with his new office until I had to look up his new office location on the Internet. So happy to have found out he has an office in New London since he was the only one who I trust with my hand surgery (for wrist pain). No problem in getting an appointment to see him when I called. Staff was professional, caring, and accommodating to my concerns. Complete opposite from previous staff my husband and I were unfortunately stuck with. A thankful patient, RM

flag | Submitted December 7, 2012

Very informative and caring for my needs. A valuable asset to the community.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

He doesn't listen (just get a copy of your own medical records to see what he says). He did not list the complaints I had about the surgery he did on me when I told him at my appointments. On his medical records he says I was happy with the results. I WAS NOT AND HE KNEW IT. I refuse to see him again and called to arrange to pick up my medical records. I have an appointment with a new doctor from Yale (I should have done that from the beginning). My hand feels worse from his endoscopic surgery. Prior to see Dr. Sajjad I had carpal tunnel with a Dr. Hutchins from Groton. He did the full surgery and it felt really great but my pain slowly came back. I tried Dr. Sajjad but my hand is worse than ever and it is swollen and red after three months. I know from having surgery before this shouldn't be this way. I am upset after seeing what he wrote about my "being very happy with the results of his surgery". I want to warn everyone not to go to him for all the above stated reasons.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012