Ratings for Dr. Peter S. Ross

Doesn't listen well. Isn't friendly at all. Seems very uncaring overall. I had to stop seeing him. The staff too has very very poor manners with patients. It is repulsive.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2016

Dr. Ross is knowledgeable about what he is doing. However, he has terrible manners. I hoped that my experience would improve but it didn't. He doesn't listen to you and tries to insist on what he wants to do. The hospital is clean and staff are pretty friendly.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

Our family has had an excellent experience with the staff and Dr. Ross. After surprising test results, Dr. Ross is helping us navigate the things my husband has to do for a positive outcome after a difficult diagnosis! Staff has been attentive and helpful answering questions when appointments are not available.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

I had to switch to Dr. Ross after my amazing endo stopped taking my insurance. What a mistake! I have visited this office a number of times hoping my experience would improve but it did not. I have had mixed experiences with the staff, but overall they were friendly and seemed to be trying their best. Dr. Ross on the other hand has the worst "bedside manner" of any doctor I have ever encountered. From making strange comments about my clothing to being arrogant and argumentative when asked questions or to explain things more clearly, Dr. Ross is poorly suited to be dealing with people on a daily basis. The appeal of his Harvard degree quickly disappears when you begin to interact with him. He dislikes being asked questions and would prefer you just do what he says, even if you don't understand clearly. If you are looking for a doctor to walk you through what he is recommending, answer questions patiently, and reassure you that you are in good hands, this is not the guy!! In addition to the horrible encounters with the doctor, there have been awful scheduling problems. I was scheduled for radioactive iodine procedure, which was booked 6 months ahead of time. It required time off work for me and also my husband (to care for our child). Dr. Ross books a vacation during this time and they don't tell me until the day before!! This is completely unacceptable. Sadly, I know this isn't the only time it has happened because I overheard another patient in the office at a later visit screaming at the staff for the same thing! And they had come from out of state and weren't told until they arrived.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

I agree with most of the reviews. No bedside manners, felt rushed and generally seems like he doesn't care. He may be checking out or already has. Seems harsh but i was recommended to another doctor in the practice and she was full. So I got Dr. Ross and I regret it. He seemed to dismiss all of my concerns and that is fine, but he was cold about it. That was the issue. He may know his stuff, not sure because he only spent 10 minutes with me, but he's in a profession where people and connecting with them matter most. I think he should avoid client facing. Sorry. It may sound cold but it was a very bad experience.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

My visit with Dr. Ross was not what I expected as a new patient. I did expect that I would be examined and possibly diagnosed. He had me swallow while he held my throat, and said he thought I might have a tumor but nothing to worry about right now, and that he would see me in a year. NOT in this lifetime. He may be good for some patients but I was very dissappointed and really felt helpless after my visit. The office staff, on the other hand was very nice and efficient.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

I'm a thyroid cancer patient that has been seeing Dr. Ross for years. He is GREAT (professional and knowledgeable). His staff is very professional and courteous. I have recommended several of my friends & colleagues to him. I've been seeing endocrinologists all of my life, and I completely trust him. I agree that he's not "bubbly" but that's not what I want in a doctor anyway. In my opinion - he is a Top Doc!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

I saw Dr. Ross yesterday 10/15/14 for the first time and last. He never took his eye off the computer screen to have conversation and to address my question, I have Had Hashimoto auto immune,Thyroiditis for a good 20+ years. My question was "When everything starts working better, will I see a difference in my weight?" He said "I can't do miracles." I had an Ultrasound regarding abdominal pain, The Results indicated that I have a fatty liver. He responded "at your weight it is normal to have fat in your liver." So in a nut shell my PCP sent me to see a endocrinologist to correct this potential life threatening problems, He told me that my results were normal considering the sharp of my Thyroid. I know more about my Thyroid problem than he did. Hey Dr. Ross can you spell G-O-O-G-L-E

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

I saw Dr. Ross yesterday and had no complaints at all. I found the front office staff to be courteous, the wait was only about 15 minutes and Dr. Ross was professional, knowledgeable and took his time with me. I will definitely return if the need arises!

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

I just started seeing Dr. Ross for thyroid-related treatment. I find him to have a no-nonsense approach that is direct, efficient, and so far, effective. He has answered my questions and tolerated what might might be considered by medical professionals to be sophomoric questions that have come to mind following conversations with fellow thyroid patients and resulting from my own review of thyroid-related literature. It is also worth noting that Dr. Ross has, to date, immediately followed up with me upon receipt of my lab work... I did not have to contact his office to get the results and found this to be a better experience than typical. The front desk has generally been helpful. Getting a first appointment was a slight challenge, but similar to prior experiences engaging a new medical office. I can't speak for others, but I am reasonably pleased with the service I have receive to date from both Dr. Ross and his staff.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2014

Dr. Peter S. Ross's Credentials

• Harvard Medical School (Grad. 1973)