Ratings for Dr. Mitchell M. Porias

very poor office service in my opinion. It seems like we were seen after many people who arrived much later. no satisfactory answer was given.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Dr. Mitchell M. Porias

Dr. Mitchell M. Porias's response
We are sorry to hear of your recent experience. Houston Eye Associates strive to provide all patients quality care and a positive experience with each and every visit. We would like to resolve your concern, please reach out to the manager at Dr. Porias's at 713-869-6400. We value your feedback.

Submitted July 10, 2017

Avoid at all costs unless you like waiting over an hour to be seen for 5 minutes. The receptionists are so unfriendly, as is the technician. I went there on a referral from my general doctor. The first time I went there I waited about an hour. Dr. Porias asked why I was there and made several comments about how doctors overreact and want to get other screenings done just because they can, etc. I got the impression that he was bothered when I told him that my general doctor wanted to rule out visual concerns related to another issue I have. He probably took about 10 minutes to do a very general exam that he deemed unnecessary. I was out of there after about 2 hours. I had to go back a few days later and waited about an hour and a half. I asked the receptionist twice when was I going to be seen. She went to find out and told me they don't usually do visual screenings on Fridays so they would have to work me in...for a 5 minute screening...I was questioned at least 3 times as to why I was there on a Friday. The technician is so unfriendly. About one week later I called because I had not received any information regarding the results of my screening. Again, the receptionist was unfriendly and said the technician is busy so maybe she can call me later and was about to hang up without even getting my phone number. I only went because my general doctor sent me, but I will never go back. I've advised my family to never go there. The screening I had done could have easily been done elsewhere, done in a friendly way, and with results either given immediately or within a day or two. Dr. Porias and his team are not worth the wait, sorry to say.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

If I could give ZERO stars, I would. This eye doctor is a joke. I was referred to Dr. Porias from my family doctor. I went to her two weeks ago, because I had an allergic reaction to a new eyeliner. She prescribed me a topical steroid to bring down the swelling, and also advised me to do a warm compress twice a day. She mentioned that if it had not gotten better after a week, she would recommend an eye doctor. So, a week passes and the swelling went down (because of the steroid cream), but on my left eyelid, there is an extra crease that has not gone away, and was still causing a bit of discomfort. So i call and make an appointment with Dr. Porias for today, 1/27/16 at 8:30am. I get to his office precisely at 8:10am. I fill out new patient paperwork. I was escorted to an exam room at 8:35am. An assistant comes in to find out my reason for for visiting, and gives me drops of eye anesthetic, and tells me she is going to test me for Glaucoma. (If not sure if this is protocol, but if i am going for my eyelid, for the known reason of an allergic reaction, where the heck does glaucoma testing come from? Doesn't make any sense.) So she leaves the exam room at 8:45am. I sit and wait, and wait, and wait. It is 9:30am and I walk out of the exam room and I let the first assistant i see know that I have to get back to work. She told me that the doctor would be in shortly. I was starting to get a bit irritated. So i walk myself back to the exam room, and leave the door OPEN. I could hear a man on the phone, going back and forth with an automated representative, asks to speak with a live person, is transferred and is continuing on speak talking about personal business. (mentioned something about his wife) It is now 9:40am and I am super frustrated, so I go once again and tell this assistant that I am leaving. She told me to hold on, and I see her walk in to the office where I can hear this same man on speaker phone being interrupted by her. She comes back and tells me the doctor is on his way. So by this time I had figured out that it was Dr. Porias who was on his phone, chit chatting away while he has me and several other patients WAITING. (Not to mention, i heard this voice talking even before opening the door the first time) The assistant closed the door, and I opened it right back. I hear Porias say to the person on the other end of the line, " I have a real backed up schedule, let me call you back" So it is approximately 9:43am and he walks in, and honestly i am already pissed off. He tells me that it is minimal, and there is nothing her can prescribe, and once again it is minimal and should go away on its own. He then had the nerve to say "it sounds like this is not what you wanted to hear". I did not say a word. He said he would have the secretary print me out a worksheet on how to use a warm sock compress, and how to use Cetaphil to clean my eye for the most minimal edema. Let me just point out, that I am not upset that he could not prescribe me anything. I am completely livid that he had me wait almost an HOUR just to tell me how to do something I had already been doing these past two weeks. I literally was out of the exam room at 9:46am. And when i told him it was ridiculous that i had to wait that long for him to get off his phone and give me a 2 minute diagnosis of nothing, he smirked and said, "Well, why don't you also express that to the secretary." Meaning he could not care less how i felt, because i was still going to have to pay the $60 co-pay regardless. I really hope that this review helps people stay away from this money-hungry, useless, sarcastic joke of a doctor. I should of left his office when I had the chance.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

Wrong diagnosis. Not pink eye, but herpes simplex. Wrong medication to treat herpes and made it worse. Other dr one week later could not believe it either. My eye was in very bad state. He should not have made such a basic mistake. His assistant was rude and I had to tell her to change her tone of voice. VERY BAD OVERALL.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

My 3 year old had a chalizaion on her right eye. Antibiotic drops and oral were given which reduced the size to barely visible. Upon our follow up visit the Dr said surgery was the only way to remove the remaining. I had read about a corticosteriod that could be given, when I suggested this the Dr turned away my suggestion saying it would not work. I almost went through with the surgery on my little one but got cold feet 2 days before and decided I wanted a second opinion. I went to a different Dr in the Memorial City area who welcomed my idea of the corticosteroid. We tried it and within a month it was gone. I hate that we depend on these Drs to help cure our children and there are so many out there that just want to cut you open. Surgery should be the last resort, espically on a toddler! I dont recommend this Dr Porias to anyone, see someone else!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

Dr. Mitchell M. Porias's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Spanish
  • English

• Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1970)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Cypress, TX