Ratings for Dr. Doris Basic

I was referred to Dr Basic and Total Cardiology by my family doctor. I was shocked and surprised at how quickly I was scheduled for further imagery and testing. The process was very efficient. When I finally met for the initial consultation with Dr Basic, I was surprised again at the helpfulness of the attending staff and also her punctuality in terms of maintaining the appointment time. I found her to be extremely knowledgeable regarding my condition and offered plenty of details and expertise in terms of how we were to proceed with treatment. Her bedside manner is one of "knowledgeable professional". I appreciated her direct, no-nonsense approach to how we would address my condition.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Dr. Doris BASIC is unprofessional, rude, condescending and her bedside manner is non-existent. She does not listen to questions, and it appears that she does not understand concepts under discussion. When she doesn't know the answer to a question, she writes it off as not being in her area of specialty. We had many questions to ask, being new to the whole heart attack event, but she did not allow us the opportunity to ask those questions. She became visibly upset when she learned we handled our own wellness personally rather than going through the Wellness Centre, to the point that she abruptly closed the file, got up and left the examination room saying, "see you next year!" and forcefully closed the door behind her. We were shocked, and left hanging; we didn't know what to do next or where to go from there. Dr. BASIC hinders recovery, adding stress to a medical situation that is already stressful enough. We do not recommend Dr. BASIC at all.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2013

Doris is an unprofessional rude individual with the worst case of God syndrome I have ever seen. While in the ER for a heart attack she accused me of faking it for attention and three months later I ended up getting her for a follow up appointment. I bet her stethoscope did not make contact with my chest for any longer than 2 seconds. The following is her exact words to me when I mentioned that I had lost 25 lbs and have changed my diet. "None of that matters, it's me keeping you alive! It's the medication I am prescribing that is keeping you alive!" I wish I could convey the full of herself attitude that she exuded. This coming from her after she had originally accused me of faking my heart attack!! On the way out of her office her staff said I needed to book a one year appointment...I said I would rather die than see that #%&*# again.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013