Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ly T. Mar

My daughters mouth was completely transformed. Beautiful work.

Submitted September 25, 2015

I highly recommend. Very professional and helpful. I attended Dr. Mar’s practice for a minor repair job on my existing orthodontic work from a different orthodontist and Dr. Mar did a fantastic job and made sure I was taken care of.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

Dr. Ly T. Mar's response
Thank you for you kind feedback. As professionals we value and embrace the importance of caring for all patients. I wish you a successful orthodontic journey. Respectfully, Dr. Ly T. Mar

Submitted February 27, 2018

Great job highly recommended. Very personable and professional. I am very satisfied. Had invisiline braces with great result. Thankyou Dr. Mar.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2018

Dr. Ly T. Mar's response
You're welcome and thank you for the fabulous feedback. We thrive on providing a positive experience and great outcomes. We are so happy that you are happy with your Invisalign results. Respectfully, Dr. Ly T. Mar

Submitted January 16, 2018

As an adult patient I found the experience from initial consultation to final treatment - very professional and very friendly. Dr Mar, was clear on what said would happen, and it happened just like he said. the staff, notifications and every detail is well executed. Happy to recommend.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017

Dr. Ly T. Mar's response
Thank you very much for your nice review. I'm delighted that you're happy with both the process and the end result. Respectfully, Dr. Ly T. Mar

Submitted November 12, 2017

Dr. Mar was incredibly knowledgable, caring, and understanding. He transformed my mouth in the exact time frame and manner that was originally discussed.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr. Ly T. Mar's response
Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm so pleased that you're with your treatment outcome! Respectfully, Dr. Ly T. Mar

Submitted August 30, 2017

Orthodontics is not my specialty, therefore, everyone in the office is knowledgeable, in my opinion. However, the service was horrible. Staff are not the friendliest or helpful. My son was late for his appointment once for 10min and I called to let them know that we will be late. They threatened to cancel his appointment. The very last time we were there, my son waited for 1hr outside in the waiting area. Then he waited for another 40min in the treatment area. Finally, we had enough of waiting, we walked off. What happened was they had forgotten about us!!! To say the least, i was not impressed with the service at Mars orthodontic. I would never recommend this office to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Dr. Ly T. Mar's response
I am very sorry that this happened to you. Certainly if you are so considerate as to phone and tell us you will be late, we need to honour the respect shown to us. As far as waiting 40 minutes in the waiting room, that is not okay. I do not know the reason this wait would have happened; however, there is no excuse for it to occur. Our receptionists are taught that if appointments are running later than 10 minutes, they are to check in with the treatment staff and then communicate with the patient/family to guarantee they are updated and can wait a little longer. This is to assure that the flow is timely and efficient. I have scheduled an education meeting with our team to address this. Again, I am sorry you had two negative experiences, please accept my apologies. If you are comfortable, I would like to meet with you to apologize in person. Please call or text me on me on my cell, 780-905-8887. Respectfully, Dr. Ly T. Mar

Submitted August 28, 2017

Came to him with a canted angle and other issues from previous orthodontist and at the 2nd consulatation, he pushed us back to the put original saying that he offered "insight" even though he hadn't seen my in years. Will not go back as Mar can't be upfront and honest when he's see a challenge and wastes my time.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Dr. Ly T. Mar's response
I am very shocked and sad to hear this feedback, but I understand that this is your perception. I would just like to share how I viewed this experience. I feel that I spent much time discussing your concerns and hearing about your visits to other orthodontists. I listened carefully, performed an exam, gave you feedback and tried my best to validate your concerns. I am sorry that you are frustrated that my recommendation was to return to your original orthodontist, as I could not offer better treatment options than previous orthodontists had given you. I felt that this was the most ethical, upfront advice to give you. I truly do wish you much success in your orthodontic journey. Respectfully, Dr. Ly T. Mar

Submitted July 27, 2017

I began my orthodontic treatment with Dr. Boychuk, and after his passing was transferred to Dr. Mar. I was very pleased then with the transformation, however over time, my teeth shifted. As it affected my bite, I went back to Dr. Mar. I was so pleased that he continues to be very innovative and updating his techniques. I got lingual braces that made the necessary changes while very few people knowing I had braces. He is an expert at what he does, and insists on quality work from his staff. I felt confident from the start that I would get the results I wanted, and could feel his knowledge and confidence every time he touched my braces. Thank you for restoring my smile Dr Mar.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Dr. Ly T. Mar's response
Thank you so much for your feedback. That must have been a very sad time for you when Dr. Boychuk passed. He was missed by many patients. Lingual hidden braces certainly work well and it's great that most others do not even realize that you're on an orthodontic journey. Thank you also for the compliment about the staff. At Mar Orthodontics we are fortunate to have a group of caring individuals who are passionate about their job. Thank you again for your kind remarks. Respectfully, Dr. Ly T. Mar

Submitted May 3, 2017

Dr. Mar and his staff are amazing! I am incredibly pleased with my orthodontic experience. He really takes the time to listen to your concerns and ensures that you are totally satisfied with the treatment plan. I have been seeing him for almost three years and it's really amazing how Dr. Mar and his staff are always so welcoming, professional, and kind. He is always in such great spirit whenever I see him and it just makes my experience so much more positive. I am very pleased with how my teeth turned out. He is amazing and you will not regret going to him!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Dr. Ly T. Mar's response
Thank you very much for your genuine comments. I'm so pleased that you're happy with your new smile! Respectfully, Dr. Ly T. Mar

Submitted May 1, 2017

Incredibly pleased with my orthodontic experience. Dr. Mar and all the staff at Mar Orthodontics are very warm, knowledgeable, and attentive. I had lingual braces and my smile has been completely transformed. I really appreciate that they consult with you at every step of the way to ensure that you are satisfied with your treatment plan. Would highly recommend Mar Orthodontics. Merci pour mon sourire Dr. Mar!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Dr. Ly T. Mar's response
Thank you for your kind review. I am touched by your comment that you were consulted at every step of your treatment. It is very important to us that the patient be actively involved and feel their comments are taken to heart. I am so glad you are enjoying your new smile. Best wishes in your future endeavours. Respectfully, Dr. Ly T Mar.

Submitted April 13, 2017

Dr. Ly T. Mar's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Ly T. Mar has over ten years of experience in lingual orthodontics (hidden braces). He strives to provide individualized lingual orthodontic treatment to adults and adolescents on a daily basis. Dr. Mar graduated from the Faculté de Médecine Dentaire (Faculty of Dental Medicine) at the Université de Montréal in 1999. In 2001, Dr. Mar started his orthodontic specialty education in lingual orthodontics, which he completed in 2002. He attended the Graduate Orthodontic Residency program at Harvard University in 2003. He obtained a Master’s Degree in Dental Sciences at the University of Montréal in 2004. Immediately following his convocation, Dr. Mar was awarded a Fellowship from the College of Dentists of Canada in the specialty of Orthodontics and Dental Facial Orthopedics. Dr. Mar moved to Edmonton in 2004 to take over his newly acquired orthodontic practice in St. Albert. He is celebrating the tenth anniversary of Mar Orthodontics this year. Dr. Mar is fluent in English, French and Chinese (Mandarin & Cantonese).

• English
  • French
  • Chinese
  • Mandarin
  • Cantonese

• Universite de Montreal (Grad. 1999)
  • Harvard University (Grad. 2003)

• Dental braces