Ratings for Dr. Ly T. Mar

My daughters mouth was completely transformed. Beautiful work.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2015

After the unfortunate passing of Dr Boychuk, my care was taken over by Dr. Mar. I can't begin to express how helpful Dr. Mar has been, with suggesting lingual braces and going above and beyond what a health care professional does. Dr. Mar and his staff have been nothing but professional, friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. You really feel like you're more than a patient number there, I highly recommend Dr. Mar and his team!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

My daughter's orthodontic experience with Dr. Mar and his team was excellent. We were pleased with the friendliness, punctuality, and knowledge of all the staff. My daughter's new smile looks wonderful!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

We have been with Dr. Mar for many years. Dr. Mar never stopped believing in helping my daughter get beautiful teeth. He was always encouraging and patient. He never gave up and kept trying different things to get her teeth to where they were suppose to be. We really appreciate everything he did for us. My daughter feels great about herself and she was very fortunate to have someone like Dr. Mar as her Orthodontist. I would also like to comment on the excellent team he has working with him. All the staff was very kind and accomodating. they were always welcoming and called us by name. I would recommend Mar Orthodontics to everyone.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

I began visiting Mar Orthodontics in 2011 to get my braces. I was very lucky to have Dr. Mar and his staff along the way. Everyone working there was kind and polite and I was welcomed with a smile at every visit. My teeth look completely different than they did 3 1/2 years ago! I would definitely recommend Mar Orthodontics to anyone. My experience there was great. A very big thank you to Dr. Mar and his staff.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

We moved to Canada about two years ago. My son had already started Orthodontic treatment in our previous country. Dr Mar came recommended to us by a few people. We found Dr Mar and all his staff to be very helpful and friendly. From our first consultation to the time my son’s braces were taken off, we have been very happy with Dr Mar’s practice. I highly recommend Dr Mar and his staff!!!!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Highly recommend Dr. Mar for your orthodontic needs! I had the lingual braces for just over 1.5 years and am so pleased with the results!! Dr. Mar's work history and extensive education speaks to his expertise. He is a very nice man - always patient and wants to ensure you are comfortable. He also has a phenomenal support team - all of the staff working with him are very friendly.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Wonderful experience! I never thought my daughter would find a dental professional she actually wanted to go see. Her braces were completely hidden for her grad pictures, her teeth already showing great improvement and now when she smiles, she really SMILES! Thank you Dr Mar

flag | Submitted September 1, 2014

flag | Submitted August 5, 2014

Very organized and puncutal office. Staff very friendly and helpful

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

Dr. Ly T. Mar's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Ly T. Mar has over ten years of experience in lingual orthodontics (hidden braces). He strives to provide individualized lingual orthodontic treatment to adults and adolescents on a daily basis. Dr. Mar graduated from the Faculté de Médecine Dentaire (Faculty of Dental Medicine) at the Université de Montréal in 1999. In 2001, Dr. Mar started his orthodontic specialty education in lingual orthodontics, which he completed in 2002. He attended the Graduate Orthodontic Residency program at Harvard University in 2003. He obtained a Master’s Degree in Dental Sciences at the University of Montréal in 2004. Immediately following his convocation, Dr. Mar was awarded a Fellowship from the College of Dentists of Canada in the specialty of Orthodontics and Dental Facial Orthopedics. Dr. Mar moved to Edmonton in 2004 to take over his newly acquired orthodontic practice in St. Albert. He is celebrating the tenth anniversary of Mar Orthodontics this year. Dr. Mar is fluent in English, French and Chinese (Mandarin & Cantonese).

• English
  • French
  • Chinese
  • Mandarin
  • Cantonese

• Universite de Montreal (Grad. 1999)
  • Harvard University (Grad. 2003)